Can I equip Sergeant Telion with any gear?

Redleg

For arguments sake, I'll agree with one of the views that say I have to purchase a Camo Cloak if the rest of my squad has it.

But can he be upgraded with a Power Weapon too? My instincts say "no" because I replace my Scout Sergeant with Sergeant Telion and all the upgrades say "Scout Sergeant can be upgraded with..."

I just wanted somebody else's opinion. Thanks.

No, special characters are taken as is. You may only purchase upgrades available in their entry like Khan's Moondrakkan.

The squad no longer has a Scout Sergeant as you replaced him with Sergeant Telion.

The good news is you don't have to buy a camo cloak for Telion because he already has stealth.

Can you buy Pedro Kantor a storm shield? No? Well, can you buy Marneus Calgar a bike? No again? What about artificer armor for Shrike? Aw, really?

Sorry if I seem a little blunt, but if it's not in Telion's entry on page 134, then no, you can't.

On the camo-cloak part of the question, the only thing a camo-cloak does is give the unit stealth. As Telion already has stealth and confers it on his unit, why would you even want a camo-cloak? :lol:

EDIT: Gah! Slow typing!

Can you buy Pedro Kantor a storm shield? No? Well, can you buy Marneus Calgar a bike? No again? What about artificer armor for Shrike? Aw, really?

Sorry if I seem a little blunt, but if it's not in Telion's entry on page 134, then no, you can't.

On the camo-cloak part of the question, the only thing a camo-cloak does is give the unit stealth. As Telion already has stealth and confers it on his unit, why would you even want a camo-cloak? :lol:

EDIT: Gah! Slow typing!

Hey...if you feel the need to be blunt on an internet forum...no need to apologize to me. It's a personal issue. A simple "no" would have worked, drama queen.

Like I said...I didn't think so...but wanted to confirm. Especially since I've heard Telion tossed around as an "upgrade" instead of an IC.

As for the Camo Cloak...I was referring to several threads where players debate back and forth on this very subject. A search on various forums will show people argue for pages about it.

Regardless...thanks all for confirming.

And let's remember...there is a lot of competition in the miniature game category...and new players are trying to learn GW's "ironclad" rules all the time. I'm man enough to take stupid comments, but don't discourage younger and newer players from learning about the game by being unecessarily stupid with your answers.

As Telion already has stealth and confers it on his unit

Gotta say, I'm not sure how you can even possibly think this...nowhere in the codex or the BRB is this true. Telion has stealth, but the squad does not. It's there so the issue of "can I buy him a camo-cloak to get stealth?" doesn't come up.

It's there so the issue of "can I buy him a camo-cloak to get stealth?" doesn't come up.

Really? Can you be sure of that? Under the camo cloak option, does it say you don't have to buy it for models that already have the stealth USR? Oh... it doesn't, does it?

The facts:

It quite specificaly states that the squad can take camo cloaks at +3 points per model. That's PER MODEL. There are no disclusionary statements in there, nor does it give you an option to take however many/few as you want. If you want cloaks, you pay 3+ per model in the squad, and they all have them. Even Telion. Actually, you really buy it for the sergeant, and then he get's replaced by Telion. However, the order doesn't matter. It does not say "any number of models may...". You have to pay for the cloak for Telion (or the sergeant that you replace with Telion).

That's why the question of whether or not Telion gives the squad the Stealth USR came up. What would be the point of him having stealth by himself? What would be the point of him paying for a cloak? Those are the reasons that people started thinking about this.

places where stealth for telion makes sense with a non-stealth squad (as I see it): squad dies, telion lives- stealth now applies. Telion is a special character, and as such always rolls saves separately from the rest of the unit - stealth applies.

it still seems retarded to have to buy a cloak to grant an ability to a model that already has same as standard, but that IS how it is written.

but back to the OP's question - as has been said: no listed options, no optional kit.

• 1 year later...
how brutal would it be for me to remove all those ultramarine symbols from the metal miniature?

*Blink*?

Seriously, youve dug up a thread thats two years old, in the official rules forum no less, to ask about modeling?

In the future please think for a moment, Im sure youll agree the PCA forums are a much better place to ask your question. It may even already be answered there.

Here is a link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showforum=96

Thread Closed.

Archived