Angels Sanguine Redux

OwlandMoonGuy

I’ve determined that I really need to start playing more 40k games again so I’m getting my AS army back up to speed with the new rules. Here’s the to-do list:

4 Infantry

14 Jump Infantry

1 bike

2 speeders

4 tanks

26 total models

Death Company; x8 w/red robes

VAS; x2 w/melta, x2 w/flamers, x2 w/power fists, x2 w/thunder hammers

-4 w/MKII metal vet marine models, 4 w/plastic assault marine models

Tac Marines; x1 w/flamer, x3 with bolters

Razorbacks; x2 w/swappable HB’s & LC turrets

Attack Bike; w/swappable HB & Multi-Melta

LS Tornadoes; x2 w/removable AC’s & swappable HB’s & Multi-Meltas

Whirlwinds; x2 w/swappable missile racks

I have most of the models now with the exception of the FW Red Scorpion heads I need for my plastic assault squad and the MKII vets which come out in two weeks. I’d also like to use the new Vindicator upgrade sprues for the tanks just because they look cool.

I also want to do all the Masters of the Chapter models for my AS army. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to give them all jump packs. We’ll see.

So here’s the attack bike WIP with some red robed DC in the background:

gallery_15218_910_237776.jpg

I’m staring this thread to get BA specific feedback from the forum here. I’ll also be talking more about the modeling/painting in my blog.

C&C welcome. -OMG

That's a cool conversion OMG - i never liked attack bikes much either but they do seem to be a necessity.

Had a look at your blog, too. The quality of your painting is amazing. How long does it take you to paint, say, a 5 man squad? -I feel I ought to join procrastinators anonymous, seeing as i never seem to get anything done.

How long does it take you to paint, say, a 5 man squad? -I feel I ought to join procrastinators anonymous, seeing as i never seem to get anything done.

Thanks for your kind appraisal. To answer your question in short, too long. I think one tac marine is about a five hour investment.

I looked at you gallery and love your stuff. Any chance we could your red recipe?

I played around a long time to get a red I like. Really the only key is the bright white undercoat. Usually on a model like this, I’ll base coat w/a white primer. Then I’ll dark line the shadows with a matte black, the flatter the better. I think apply one or two layers of blood red, followed by a mix of red & brown for the shadows and red & orange for highlights. Still, I think it’s the white base that keeps the red where I want it.

I’ve got the base done on the bike now and major portions of the bike itself – body, seats, etc. I should have more pics up today. I want to have the driver on his feet and pumping bolt rounds over the top of the bike. I’m going to use the guy from the MKII Vet models, the center one on the bottom row. I need the other vet models for my upgraded Vet Assault squads.

Thanks again everyone, -OMG

To answer your question in short, too long. I think one tac marine is about a five hour investment.

Thank god. I thought i was the only one who was spending ages.

I'll look forward to seeing more of your progress on the bike. Keep up the good work! :tu:

Alright brothers, here’s some more progress. The next three DC marines are nigh complete. I especially like the middle one showing ½ his helmet blasted off. I really want to show more battle damage than what’s exhibited on these models. I may just have to go over them and add some additional scratches in their armor and whatnot.

gallery_15218_535_361114.jpg

I also need to decide on an image for that banner bearer guy. I have some standard stuff I could use but it’s not particularly inspired. I’ve got more of these guys modeled up so I’ll keep working to finish off the squad.

And here’s where I stand with the attack bike:

gallery_15218_910_288215.jpg

I’ll keep plugging away at it with hopes of finishing most of it this week. I’m still waiting for the release of those MKII vets so that’s still a week off yet. I’ll have everything else done far ahead of that.

I’m going to work on the whirlies and las/raz tanks next – two of each. Given that, I could fudge the WYSIWYG and get some games in with this army.

More progress soon. -OMG

The bike itself is now done but I could still add some battle damage and maybe some more accessories. Just need to finish (acquire for that matter) the bikers and call this one finished.

gallery_15218_910_262060.jpg

I also starting priming my two Whirlwinds. I have a little conversion in mind using Sentinel walker legs and some add-ons from the Sisters of Battle vehicle upgrade sprue. I want to continue to use all their angelic imagery as I have with other tanks in this army. They’ll make it to the Razorbacks as well.

More soon, -OMG

Looking pretty good OMG, keep up the good work! :confused:

That is quite the to do list you've got there. I've got a lot to do as well since the new dex to make my army out the way I want it. Actually I'm still finding combat squads frustrating and I am still tweaking my list now and again.

I also want to do all the Masters of the Chapter models for my AS army. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to give them all jump packs. We’ll see.

The way I see it we BAs have no choice but to give these guys jump packs as Dante himself has one. I think you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you didn't. I have these guys too and love the models, also have the new vets too.

Looking forward to more pics ;)

Corb

I do agree with you sir. With the new direction for BA’s it seems like unless you’ve developed a name for yourself like Corb’s & Tycho or spend too much time reading books, you’re hanging out with the assault guys, flying around in your T-16 jump packs, bull’s eyeing whomp rats in Beggar’s Canyon back on old Baal.

Which means… I’ll need to buy 4 more of them Dante jump packs for these guys. They’ll all need new heads too. Other than the one for the Master of Recruits they are all way too static. Not that the poses suggest otherwise.

Thanks again gents. It does feel good to be working on the AS again.

-OMG

I do agree with you sir. With the new direction for BA’s it seems like unless you’ve developed a name for yourself like Corb’s & Tycho or spend too much time reading books, you’re hanging out with the assault guys, flying around in your T-16 jump packs, bull’s eyeing whomp rats in Beggar’s Canyon back on old Baal.

Or your Like Mephy or any Librarian and can use the force ;)

If The masters of the chapter Are the 1st through 4th Company Captain Doesnt that mean that Tycho Should Techniquely Be one of them???

You are correct, The Master of the Arsenal is the 3rd Company Captain and would be Tycho unless you happen to believe he’s dead in which case some other guy is represented by that model.

But, for the record the Masters of the Chapter are:

Master of the Watch, (fortress monastery guardian), 2nd Company

Master of the Arsenal, 3rd Company

Master of the Fleet, 4th Company

Master of Recruits, 10th Company

I would assume then that by taking Tycho in Apoc games you could claim the Datasheet bonus as well – figuring that you paid the point cost for it like everyone else.

-OMG

Wow. Finally a reason to play Tycho =D

no... there is never a good reason to play Tycho... think of what you're teaching the children when you say things like that.

anyway he's dead and i'd love to see a set of those 'masters of the chapter' guys modeled up and painted red... so... someone want to get to work on that?

I can only promise to paint ½ of them red.

I love em OMG! Very prettyful. Think we could get a close up of Helmet blasted part off DC marine? He looks very cool from that pic but theres not a whole lot of detail (at least on my Screen)

Here you go:

gallery_15218_535_35393.jpg

-OMG

I did stop for some time for a few reasons; 1.) I started up a Death Guard army (now completely invalidated by the new Chaos dex and in need of a complete overhaul of its own –details in my blog), 2.) I started a Fantasy army (shush) and 3.) I’m not a big fan of the new BA rules.

I started up again because the modeling & fluff for BA’s are still the best in the game. That and I have a vision for a loyal Apoc force that I’d like to see come together (again, details in my B&C blog).

And to that end, here’s the start of a Suppression Force. I got some work done on the first of two Whirlwinds.

gallery_15218_910_287614.jpg

gallery_15218_910_399333.jpg

I should have the rest of the models I need to finish my attack bike and complete the two Razorbacks. If I can at least finish modeling up my outstanding Land speeder I could conceivable field the army, albeit in a less than fully painted capacity.

I’m hoping to get my second whirlie done and the paint jobs started this week. More soon.

-OMG

That’s battle damage. I expect that I’ll take even more nicks & dents out of the next one and more yet out of the Razorbacks.

I took the same approach when I did my last Furioso:

gallery_15218_535_46037.jpg

And yeah, I always thought that Whirlies look like they would flip nose over tail when the rockets went off. The idea to add the feet is very stolen but it was an idea worth stealing.

-OMG

hmmm white undercoat :teehee: *rants about blesphemy and such* ;)

the whirly looks good omg. can the recoil "feet" be moved or are they attached? would be a funny face to see a whirly drive by with 2 gaint feet sticking out of his *** :woot:

as for the battle damage: i thought as much, looked more like you accidentily chiped of a corner of the side panel though :P

love the battle damage though, both on the deathcompany marine and whirlie (given the nature of the DC, its only appropiate :()

Archived