My Leman Russ - Primarch of the Space Wolf Legion

Hi all,

I, like many other pre heresy players want to have my Primarch leading my legion (Space Wolves). Problem is I don't like the Ronin model for Russ. In my opinion he looks far too calm so, I decided to make my own and make him a whole lot more angry. I want him to look like he is holwing with rage in the middle of a battle - so here is my work.

Please let me know what you think - oh, I know he has a bolter and not a bolt pistol - I reckon why would a Primarch even bother with a pistol when I am sure due his bulk and dexterity with weapons he could use a Bolter just as easily as a bolt pistol in close combat??!?!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6040159.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6040160.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6040162.jpg

Here is a close up of Mjolnar - Russ' frost blade

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6040161.jpg

All very much WIP but wanted to know if people think I am on the right track (armour plates will be covered by milliput superfine and then filed to make smooth when finished!)

Mjol

nice model. my critisicims (mind you i do have a large imagination)

1. should have a huge A** wolf cape.

2. some sort of wolf icon on torso armor

3. different head or bulked.

4. helmet on base with bullet scars/other

5. self sculpted, big A** shoulderpads with wolf heads rearing out towards the "sky"

@ Altus - don't worry dude he will have a huge A** cape and a huge pair of pads. I have yet to add any iconography and battle damage but rest assured he will be very wolfy.

I am trying to keep to teh images by John Blanche but make it more action.

I will also be increasing the size of his belt!

Mjol

Oh that looks sweet. A whole lot more accurate and well posed than the other Russ conversions I've seen. I'm deffinitely looking forward to seeing this model finished :tu:.

5. self sculpted, big A** shoulderpads with wolf heads rearing out towards the "sky"

the belt comment made me think something wierd up. how much "motzy" as it were, would a primarch have. i was guessing at a quad pack. if they even have that anymore after the psyhco surgery which we know squat about. for all we know, all marines have thier junk cut off and are hiding thier shame before a 5 inch thick cod piece of ceramite.

very nice dude - I'm always sceptical when I read the post title as someone's modelling of a Primarch but so far you're doing a really fantastic job on a Primarch which, has in the past, been over done or underdone. Also I'm glad you have managed to get the frost blade looking closer to the Blanch impression, because I'm sick of people using Abaddon's chaos blade for it >_<

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see him finished

In the first picture, Russ actually looks like he's laughing. Which I actually really, really like. It really makes him seem like he cares not for his enemies, because nothing on the battlefield could harm him anyway...

And that is a cool sword. :tu:

very nice. but you really need to shave down the flash on the bolter. and the head looks just a teensy bit to small but it is not that noticable.

like comissar molotov said he looks like he is laughing which if you ask me, i like a lot better. because, what could hurt a primarch

keep up the good work,

you do know that this indeed is a WIP and this is just the preliminary stages. you'll see alot more later when it starts to get more towards its completion.

newayz.......absolutely love how its coming along so far. the pose is very dynamic and has alot of attitude and suits Russ. and must agree with your comment about the ronin ones. quite static.

also, love how you made that sword. looks itchen

looking forward to seeing more.

I like how he's starting to shape up, very nice sculpting. One thing I do not like however, is his fangs! Where are they? :sweat: I'm sure they'll be coming soon, along with further details. Let's see some more, I'm interested.

Beautiful. Fangs, cape, shoulder pads.....skip the battle damage. I'm not really a big fan of damage. These guys spend a lot of time away from battle. Nearly all of it is training and maintaining their equip. Why should there be battle damage. (well, ok. They do spend a lot of time drinking) Maybe a little damage would be ok.

Erk, just thought i would add my post in here as i added it in the wrong section.

*copy from other post*

I wonder though if he should be aiming his bolter, unless your just going for the all out scream at the enemy approach? :)

I like the model, but I never understand why people wait to assemble the model before removing flash. I find it SO much easier and more thorough to clean the flash as soon as I take the bit off the sprue (sp?). That way I get everything and can get every crevice. Dunno just my $0.02

I like the model, but I never understand why people wait to assemble the model before removing flash. I find it SO much easier and more thorough to clean the flash as soon as I take the bit off the sprue (sp?). That way I get everything and can get every crevice. Dunno just my $0.02

Probably from excitement; people want to waste no time at all.

Hi everyone,

Mant thanks for all the comments. Just to address the removal of flash comments - as I said this is WIP and the arms and heads have not actually been stuck on yet (I used blu-tak to show an idea of the final piece).

I WILL BE REMOVING ALL FLASH!!!! lol

Regards and praises,

Mjol

Hmm london eh. I wouldnt mind getting him next to my Jonson model for a photo opportunity when its done. Southampton is not too far for a jaunt.

Thats is a really sweet sword and the pose is really (IMHO) Russ through and through. Laugh with your friends and at your enemies while you hack their heads off.

Will keep an eye on this.

Archived