My road to a full Blood Angels 4th Co. + supports

<For some reason I lost all texts before this line :P )

In summary, as with many people, my ultimate goal would be a full battle company including supports (like vets from 1st co., scouts from 10th, vehicles from armoury etc.) Funds/gfcommander permitting of course ;)

Below is my masterlist for Blood Angels 4th Co, patterned on the 3rd Co.TO&E in IA2; colors denote:

link: finished, pics

green: finished, no pics yet unfortunately

yellow: at least 80% finished (base, decals, small details need paint/missing)

orange: at least model assembled/pegged/bluetac'd

red: bit gathered

no format: no money

Headquarters

Dante

Lemartes

Librarius

Mephiston

Epistolary

Codicier

Sanguinary High Priests

Corbulo

1Priest

2Priest

SHPRhino

Death Company [DC1] [DC2] [DC3] [DC4] [DC5] [DC6] [DC7]

1st Company

1Veteran Assault Squad [1PF] [1PW] [1Mg1] [1Mg2] [1V1] [1V2] [1V3] [1V4]

2Veteran Assault Squad [2PF] [2PW] [2Fl1] [2Fl2] [2V1] [2V2] [2V3] [2V4]

4th Company

4th. Co. Capt.

Chaplain

[1Attack Bike Squadron]

1Tactical Squad [1PW] [1Aw] [1T1] [1T2] [1T3] [1T4] [1T5] [1T6] [1T7] [1HWp] [1Rhino]

2Tactical Squad [2PF] [2Aw] [2T1] [2T2] [2T3] [2T4] [2T5] [2T6] [2T7] [2HWp] [2Rhino]

3Tactical Squad [3PF] [3Aw] [3T1] [3T2] [3T3] [3T4] [3T5] [3T6] [3T7] [3HWp] [3Rhino]

4Tactical Squad [4PF] [4Aw] [4T1] [4T2] [4T3] [4T4] [4T5] [4T6] [4T7] [4HWp] [4Rhino]

5Tactical Squad [5PF] [5Aw] [5T1] [5T2] [5T3] [5T4] [5T5] [5T6] [5T7] [5HWp] [5Rhino]

6Tactical Squad [6PW] [6Aw] [6T1] [6T2] [6T3] [6T4] [6T5] [6T6] [6T7] [6HWp] [6Rhino]

Armoury

[1Baal Pred "Fury"]

[2Baal Pred "Steel"]

[Predator Annihilator "Rezyal"]

Ok... off to my version of Lemartes (inspired by Blindhamster's work on his Dante) ...

Here he is at the moment, in all his blue-tac-y goodness (dont mind the stick-fas in the background though :P ):

Lemartes WIP.1

Lemartes WIP.2

- he's supposed to replace my chappy (seen as the bleached bone dude front of my DeathCo. marines in my army pic)

- I have never bought the figure when I first started (wh40k AND BA) but instead opted to buy a generic chappy (opponent's consent blah-blahs back then :) )

- having never bought the pewtery, I have no idea what other details he has on his right shoulderpad, as well as what his behind looks like (well, since the fig looks BS4WS4, then perhaps nothing fancy back there)

- I'm aware I used Mk6 for the legs... my funeral :P

- I realized the 'mullet' looked weird in the second pic (the head's also WIP)

- things to do include (but not limited to):

adding bones on chest skull/jp harness in the form of 'X'

(re)creating his crozius arcanum, however BS4WS4 it looks...

(re)creating his Ray-Ban deathmask dangling somewhere on his body

(re)creating the details found on the orig fig

I Love the Lemartes! hes very very dynamic looking, and it's nice to see that old model inspired at least somone :P

the rest of the army looks great, keep up the good work!

but yeah I agree, closeups would be very nice :P

-Blind

Ayt, thanks guys ;)

Hmmm... closeups... of what? :P Almost all of my figs listed are WIPs (apart from the two VetSgt, all the DC I'll ever need, and the rest of the squads :P )

^Helmeted or non-helmeted... somehow his spikey helmet doesnt appeal to me... maybe in a few days time :wacko:

^as requested: Chaplain Thematt (v2) (got lazy to finish his JP and CA staff jejejejeje)

(shameless plugs: Chaplain Thematt (v1) and a DC marine; 5th Squad VetSgt (with 1st squad VetSgt in background))

Back to Lemartes:

- man, didnt wake up when my alarm went off this afternoon, so I gotta work with 5-hour old putty (but still workable ;) )

- had to stop because 1) the putty is well into setting and doesnt stick as much as I wanted to and 2) I keep pushing onto the skull on the fig's left greave that I had to rework it 3x ^_^

- I decided to have him helmeted (but not the same as the orig), going over the (only 2?) art available for Lemartes, I'm going with the art in our previous codex (last page)... and FTLOG please no spikey things, no Ray-Ban shades, no guitar wires :lol: ...

- onto the pics: "blanked" a helmet (left some eye lens for guide), skulls on the greaves and bones on his JP harness

View1

View2

@LoneWolven: Thanks, and yah, was procrastinating about the eye lenses, good thing teh putty hasnt set yet :P

@ac4155: from my WIP pics in post #8, then topped off with putty works, leaving parts of the lens as guide (plus a picture of a skull and the reference art :P )

@Grumps: Thanks also, but nope, not green stuff, wish I could get my hands on some, great to work with but always out of stock here (or maybe I'm always short on cash whenever there's stock) :(

@mikhail: Nope, no Fimo either, just your regular 2-part epo putty (I just desat the pic so everything looked your regular GW codex gray plastic)

Quicky small update: blue-tack'd the head to the body when the puttyworx amply set, and was dissapointed: too "wide" for my liking, so I had to remove the "earmuff" skulls, thinned it up to less than half the thickness and slapped them back on; now it looks much better... but still felt wide because of the absence of that thingamajig that runs at the top of the helm back-down to it's rear...

• 1 month later...

One and a half months with NO updates, waaay to go Dropout :nuke:

Anyways, got my camera now and here's how my (WIP) big papa lunatic looks like:

WIP Shot

- as posted, had to ditch the previous helmet design coz' of the reasons stated and instead made the current one...

- had to ditch the base seen in the first few updates of Lemartes as it'll be hard to balance the figure in an actual game...

- somebody over at GW has to make a better and manlier crozius for him

- crozius-holding arm isn't permanently put on yet to be on the safe side of handling things

- WIP jumppack, base as well as highlights

again, tune in next month for an update... just kidding... well, maybe half meant... oh well... when I get over the bridge :huh:

Well, finally got the will to FINISH something :D

Here he is, my Big Papa Lunatic... Chaplain Lemartes

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img48935afdccaf3.jpg

Nothing special: plastic SM parts mixed and matched, putty-work and taking more time than usual sitting on the Ceramic Throne :( ...

- helm is "carved" with putty work; took a normal SM helmet, carved off most of the face to make it "blank" (left the area where the"eyes" are as guide) and the rest is putty

- his BS4WS4 crozius: the topmost part is from the BA (?) banner top (from command squad box), "wings" cut to length, also using the skull; smaller skulls from sgt banner pole (tac squad command sprue)...

Now off to the next month... I mean, miniatures... Attack Bike MM sidecars x3...

Here's a belated thanks to all ^_^

Short update: basecoated the attack bike parts with black, had to pause 'coz water's starting to form in my airbrush hose (had to research how to effectively reduce the condensation short of routing hoses to/from compressor and my air regulator :/ )

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Let's beat a dead horse back to the living! :lol: (yay, 3 months since I last posted something here -_- )

------------------------------

Anyways, did I say I was doing my Attack Bikes? well here they are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/matt_atknsn/WH40k%20BA%204th/BA4thCoAttackBike1stSqdr.jpg

• bikes painted by a friend, the rest are done by me (sidecar, driver, passenger, sidecar heavy weapon)
  • sidecar are attached via pegs/screws under the bike
  • still has to paint multi-melta
  • have to put some stowage or whatnot on the fender with the hole

So what have I been doing during my free time for the past months?

Some tactical marines:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/matt_atknsn/WH40k%20BA%204th/IMG_1718.jpg

To save me some headaches, I decided that my tactical marines follow something like:

1. VetSgt (any pose, side loincloth red BA icon over black, full monty battlegear)
  2. demisquad leader (any pose, side loincloth black BA icon over red, full battlegear)
  3. kneeling marine (full battlegear)
  4. running pose (full battlegear)
  5. "doing something else" pose (full battlegear)
  6. assault weapon marine (regular pose)
  7. regular posed marine (full battlegear, campaign/army badge)
  8. snap-fit marine (BfM or AoBR)
  9. regular posed marine (no battlegear, secondary casualty choice)
  10. heavy weapon proxy (regular pose, no squad markings/kneepad, no battlegear, primary casualty choice)

• 2 barehead
  • 1 has/carries an auspex
  • 1 with Corvus helm

First three Veteran Assault Marines (inspired back when teaser pics of the Vanguard marines first came out)

weapon loadout (L-R): power fist, flamer/meltagun, power weapon (current WIP: puttywork)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/matt_atknsn/WH40k%20BA%204th/VAS0_WIP0.jpg

And since it's 5th ed. (and I'm broke), I decided to do a Corbs conversion:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/matt_atknsn/WH40k%20BA%204th/Corbulo_WIP0.jpg

• needs blood drop at chest (puttywork)
  • needs ornamentation at greaves (probably just puttywork the winged blood drop and paint the pattern)
  • the head will be repainted to traditional scheme (blond caucasian)
  • needs his personal badge at right shoulderpad (puttywork)
  • the Grail will be stowed in a pouch of sort (strapped to the left side), the "straw" thingy is only to hold the sprue while I work on its contour, not as a drinking apparatus :P
  • the Exanguinator still needs the part that wraps around the arm (puttywork)
  • blood drop on his chainsword (puttywork)
  • change apothecarion icon on backpack with something appropriate for the cult (puttywork)
  • needs a holstered bolt pistol somewhere (not the small bit, like the holstered bolter on the new attack bike sprue)

Hmmm... guess that's all I have to post for this time, dont know when'll next time be though :P (now off to bed *yawn* :P )

First comment: WOW!

Second comment: please please please tell me which arms you used for the lefty marine.. coz i tryed and failed to get that right when i tryed. i can sorta see which one the left is from, but if you oculd tell me which arm the right is it would be wonderfull!

anyway.. very nice models. keep up the good work... even if it dose turn up very slowly =P

Archived