Hallow Wing : Project Ressurection

Hallow Wing : Terminator Squad of the All Hallows Guard

++Required Identification... Processing data++

++Identification confirmed... Welcome Brother Gallows.++
++May Hallows and the Emperor protect. Accessing Hallow Wing data.++

The Hallow Wing, the finest soldiers of the All Hallows Guard, lead by Master of Sanctity Gallows, the Hallow Wing teleports into the most deadly areas of combat. Originally lead by Chapter Master Hallows during the Phoebe Rebellion, the Hallow Wing are the only loyal members of the original 1st Company after the rebellion. Hallows fell during the latter part of the Phoebe Rebellion to a squad of terminators who claimed to be loyal at the start of the rebellion, but they betrayed the Chapter Master and killed him during combat on the north section of Leviathan VII. The Hallow Wing honors the death of Hallows by keeping the original colors of the chapter, and they wear them with pride on the battle field.

Project: Resurrection

Project : Resurrection is going to be my continuous blog till the squad of six models, and Gallows are finished. I am hoping to finish all of them by the end of the summer. I don't want to rush these models. I want them to be my pride and joys. Anyways, here are the pictures thus far.

Gallows pre-painting.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/GallowsFinished1.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/GallowsFinished2.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/GallowsFinished3.jpg

Assault Cannon Terminator WIP painting.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/TestOrange1.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/TestOrange2.jpg

Enjoy, please follow along!

Alpha Edited by Alpha PTP

Damn that commander is nice.

So your going with a split scheme of orange and what else?

Orange and Black. Green Robes. This is a Halloween based marine army, mate. :devil:

Alpha

Wonderfully converson and a nice orange. Which brand and how many layers did it take to achive that effect.

I use Vallejo. I went from an equivalent to Vermin Brown in Vallejo to Fiery Orange. It is about nine layers, give or take. I also used a lot of wetblending too, so the colors look like they flow together, as you can see.

Alpha

****ing cool~! XD

All Hallows Guard really has a nice ring to it, how far is the Halloween element going to influence the force?

That Orange is making me hungry, damn it's nice O.o;

Keep it up!

Usi :P

PS - That Chaplain rocks :lol:

****ing cool~! XD

All Hallows Guard really has a nice ring to it, how far is the Halloween element going to influence the force?

That Orange is making me hungry, damn it's nice O.o;

Keep it up!

Usi :)

PS - That Chaplain rocks :blush:

First of all, thanks. :D There is a pretty funny story behind how the chapter came up. A long, long time ago when I was but a wee lad, I worked at my local hobby shop. It was getting close to Halloween, so I decided to paint up some models for the window. I had some extra marines and I painted them up and threw them in the window. I still have one of the original All Hallows Guard models on my desk to remember it. They were originally called the Halloween Marines, but my friend helped me come up with the name All Hallows Guard from All Hallows Eve. All Hallows Eve was what Halloween was called a long, long time ago.

The only Halloween influence there is in the army is one of the two chapter symbols. One of them is a half black, half orange shield and the other one is a jack o' lantern surrounded in vines. Other than that, they are a homage to my favorite time of the year, Halloween.

Thanks about the Chaplain, guys. He took six months to convert from start to finish.

Alpha

I will never get tired of seeing your chaplain. There are many excellent chappies done in the past (Bushido's is still freaking awesome), but yours stands head and shoulders above any I've ever seen, including anything that GW has even thought of doing (and I love their BT chappies).

I'm not trying to blow smoke up your kilt, I just think that you have taken your chappie into the "legendary" level as far as modeling goes. The challenge doesn't stop there however. He needs to be painted like you've never painted before. You are right not to rush this project. It is one of those "marquee" type units that defines an army. The chaplain and accompanying troopers should just blow people away. You are well on your way to accomplishing this.

No pressure though. :)

It's great to see some more progress from you Alpha. Of course Gallows looks incredible, probably the best Terminator Chaplain on the boards. The coolest part about that model, would have to be his 'death mask'. It really does ooze with character, it's fantastic. The orange is particularly nice too, on the second termie. I look forward to your progress, this should be awesome! ;)

Love how the orange is coming out here Alpha. How long before we see Gallows get the treatment?

I think it is Cult of Orange time for you.

Thanks, Kurgan. It takes quite some time to paint the orange, but the end result is fantastic. I am going to try and strip the paint off of him in the next two days. I primed him and started painting him, but I didn't like how it was turning out, so I want to start fresh. I shall join the cult, brother. ;)

@Honda : Thank you for the praise, Honda. I have no intention of rushing Gallows. He is like my child at this point.

@Marovingean : Glad to see a fan. Thanks, brother. :D

@Darth Potato : Thank you for such high praise, Darth. I put my soul into building him. I plan to paint him just as well. It took over six months to build him, I want to spend my time painting him to live up to his conversion.

Alpha

Edited by Alpha PTP

Which oranges are you using exactly Alpha?

This is what I am using on mine right now:

981 Orange Brown

956 Light Orange

910 Orange Red

851 Deep Orange

911 Light Orange

Basecoat of Vermin Brown.

1:1 Mixture of Vermin Brown (GW) and Blazing Orange (Vallejo Game Color)

1:2 Mixture of Vermin Brown (GW) and Blazing Orange (Vallejo Game Color)

1:3 Mixture of Vermin Brown (GW) and Blazing Orange (Vallejo Game Color)

Coat of Blazing Orange.

1:1 Mixture of Orange Fire (Vallejo Game Color) and Blazing Orange. (Vallejo Game Color)

1:2 Mixture of Orange Fire (Vallejo Game Color) and Blazing Orange. (Vallejo Game Color)

Highlight of Orange Fire.

Building up from Vermin Brown to Blazing Orange is where most of the work comes in. It is very tedious, but the result is worth it. Glaze the colors together. Use a mixture between the two highlights of almost pure water. It will be about the consistency of paint water. Load your brush up, then wipe the excess onto a paper towel. It dries up quick, by the way. :lol:

I know, there is a method to my madness, though. I would be painting right now, but I have been up since 2:30 am and I am so tired. I am going to go take a nap, then go paint.

Alpha

Hey Alpha, there not much I can say besides that chaplain is awesome, nice colour scheme too, are doing a whole army or just the 1 termie squad? can't wait to see him painted.

Alpha's AHG has been what you might term a long project! If he hasn't got an army by now then he can't be far off - my introduction was when I first saw a Dreadnought that he's done and that was, what Alpha, coupla years ago now?

Hey Alpha, there not much I can say besides that chaplain is awesome, nice colour scheme too, are doing a whole army or just the 1 termie squad? can't wait to see him painted.

Alpha's AHG has been what you might term a long project! If he hasn't got an army by now then he can't be far off - my introduction was when I first saw a Dreadnought that he's done and that was, what Alpha, coupla years ago now?

The AHG have been going on since 2004. I won Best Army with them at the Baltimore Grand Tournament in 2006. I am close to a full company now. All I am doing is one Terminator Squad. The Hallow Wing is the only loyal remaining Terminator Squad. Read the small bit of fluff on the Hallow Wing I posted. :)

All that is left for an official company is :

• Epistolary Librarian Fearus
  • Three Tactical Squads
  • One Assault Squad
  • One Devastator Squad

All the additional support I have planning to paint are :

• The Hallow Wing
  • Two Dreadnoughts (Romulus, Remus, and Illbis. Illbis is painted.)
  • One Predator
  • One Land Raider (I intend on doing magnetized turrets. IE : Normal, Crusader, and the "Inferno" Patterns)

And be assured brothers and sisters, I will be posting every single model on here when they are done!

Alpha

Edited by Alpha PTP

Updates. I finished the orange, got the black done on the face, and did the eye.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/HallowWing2.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/HallowWing1.jpg

I hope to finish up the black on his body tomorrow. That eye took a good hour and a half alone. That is the first time I have ever done glowing on a model. :D

Alpha

Updated pictures. These pictures make the black look very dark. I don't know if I should add more grey to it to add more contrast to it. I feel as if the orange is too radiant for the black. Here are the pictures. Criticism is always appreciated.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/HallowWing3.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/HallowWing4.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/HollowJester/HallowWing5.jpg

Alpha

++Edit: I also got some white primer and Simple Green to strip Gallows and start painting him. I can't wait. ;) ++

Edited by Alpha PTP