Fury of the Warp: Part 2

Commander Skaav

If you've gone to this page, part one is here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=140762

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Time is the enemy of all things living; we are but pawns in its never ending game of chance. We make our own destinies, such knowledge of this is true, but time shapes us, it makes us who we are. Only the Changer of the Ways has the ability to control time itself, and create a new meaning in its wake."

...Tzeentchian Sorcerer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Warp Creature writhed and lashed out at the three Marine Brothers, its powerful tentacles smashed pillars and statues as if it were a power sword through armour. “It’s too strong!” roared the Force Commander as he lunged towards it himself with his combat weapon. “Have faith my brother, the Emperor protects, never forget that!” roared the Master Chaplain as his Crozius Arcanum smashed into the bony carapace.

The creature began to howl in pain, as the cold metal broke through, it could hear the litanies of hate urging the three warriors to continue their battle. The Librarian took the boldest move of all of them, as if almost inviting the creature to approach him; he unleashed a massive force of energy knocking the creature to the floor. Little damage had been done though as it quickly rose to its feet ready to face the next wave of combat.

“We have to take it down now!” Daedalus roared as he was thrown against one of the supporting pillars, almost knocking him unconscious, he like the creature rose back up, bloodied and angry. “Magellan, I think it’s time we took matters to the next level!” The librarian nodded, “Keep the creature busy for as long as possible, I must have full concentration for this.”

The creature had now become enraged, to the horror of the Chaplain, it had begun to heal its wounds, without any form of aid “We have no time, we must act now!” he called out “Helios, give Magellan some time, he needs to concentrate, just keep it going for as long as we possible can!” The creature let out a bellow as without warning a swarm of Nurglings appeared from nowhere! “The creature is of the Plague-Lord!” the Chaplain roared, of all the powers, it was that of the Plague-Bringer, he hated the most!

As the swarm began to slowly engulf the building, the Librarian moved into position, the creature now distracted by the combat with his two brethren. “In the name of the Emperor, I call upon the powers of the warp; to bring an end to this heathen creature, send it back to the ethereal realm, where it will not be permitted to return for eternity! Send back too these swarms, and entrap them alongside. I call upon the power of time and space; I call upon the blessings of the Emperor! Nex adeo vos turpis creatura, reverto ut umbra quod obscurum!”

The creature lurched back, as if in agonising pain, a portal opened, but the creature did not simply vanish, due to the intensity of the Librarians words, it slowly began to disintegrate, it screamed, a hideous and twisted scream, one which made the made the marines flinch, the Nurglings that had been brought forth were simply sucked back into the void, though they too screamed their hatred for the Emperor. In one final desperate attempt to survive, the creature tried to move away from the portal, but its attempt only forced it to break up even more rapidly. Pieces of its exoskeleton broke away, revealing pale green flesh.

One last effort, the three men drew their bolters, and opened fire, punching a hole into the creature’s body, and as it went through, they witnessed it writhe in a final explosive end, the portal closed, and once more the temple was silent.

The pilot Rogan Vida paced up and down the main flight deck of the cargo craft, as it awaited launch clearance from Necromunda, he hated this world, it’s never ending gang wars, its people, its whole atmosphere, and he wanted off, he wanted something new. It seemed strange to him that he had not found Berdmun and his crew sooner, it happened all so suddenly, there he was minding his own business, when in the middle of a bar room brawl, he spotted the beautiful Halena, a woman with more beauty than any he had ever seen, infact a woman so beautiful, she could have been formed from the stars themselves.

Her employer Berdmun was a different matter; he was a mysterious character, a robed and hooded figure. Rogan had never seen his face, suffice the fact that all he could see was the man’s hooked nose, almost like a bird’s beak. He learnt that his new employer wanted a pilot for a special job, to a secret location, no questions asked; Rogan was that sort of man. The one thing that struck him was that Berdmun spoke as if almost being in his mind literally; it was as almost if his ears could not hear this strange being.

The remainder of the crew also seemed strange, Maltar was a man who constantly appeared to be on the sickly side, with a very pale green skin, and deep set eyes, he too wore robes, as if to hide some hideous disfigurement, and then there was Khralo, a violent and almost blood thirsty man, always looking for trouble, if it didn’t find him first, he was the one Rogan trusted the least, he had heard stories from Halena that Khralo would fly into a beserk rage if some one so much as gave a quick glance towards him, and this made Rogan extremely uncomfortable.

He had learnt though that Berdmun himself was in the employ of someone much higher up in rank, perhaps a family of high status Rogue Traders, perhaps someone within the Imperium, like he had said when he first met the crew, he never asked question, except, there had always been one question hanging in the back of his mind, like a Tyranid Gargoyle hanging in the back of a cave awaiting its prey.

“What’s the cargo?” he asked Halena in an impatient tone “Hush Rogan, you’re getting all excited.” Her softly toned voice seemed to sooth his soul, sometimes she was far too good to be true, “It’s already on board ship, and you will see the cargo at the other end.” Rogan though had become far more frustrated “I checked the Cargo hold, there’s nothing on board!” at this moment Berdmun entered the conversation “You need not worry; it’s locked away in my personal quarters, it’s far too important to be left in the cargo hold.” Rogan nodded in agreement with this statement, “A wise statement, do I need to change anything on the manifest before we go.” He almost sensed the hooded figure smile, “Rogan, if anything is to be changed, I shall be the one to arrange it.”

The two men parted their separate ways, Berdmun to his quarters, Rogan to the ships cockpit, along the way he met Khralo, ever wary he attempted to pass, but without warning the monster of a man grabbed him by the throat and pinned him to the wall “I will see you dead by the time this mission is through, weakling!” he roared, “I will see your blood spill!” he dropped the pilot violently to the floor, and moved off to his own area, after a while a coughing sound could be heard coming from the co-pilots seat, it was Maltar, he spoke in a very broken and sickly tone “Have we clearance Rogan?” he asked.

“We have the clearance, take her out of here, nice and easy, let’s see what she can do!” and slowly but surely the craft rose from the landing pad, and made its way towards the stars.

Inquisitor Jovek had lost all his patients, the governor now lie broken and maddened by the devices used upon him to gain the information they had come for, and what’s more, the Dark Angels had arrived, just what he needed, the Unforgiven on his doorstep. Worst of all, he had to meet with them. “Captain, who are we meeting exactly?” he asked his Grey Knight officer. “I believe they are some of the highest ranking members of the chapter, I can’t say I’m to please to meet them myself!”

The Dark Angels Thunderhawk descended calmly; slowly inching its way towards the final stages of landing, Jovek felt the tremor of resentment emanating from his own men. “Patience Treygard, let them speak, let them do what they came here to do, and then we will ensure they leave this place in the hands of the Inquisition.” Treygard gave him a sceptical glance “Do you really think the Dark Angels will leave quietly?” he asked “If they don’t then we will force them to leave Captain, we will force them!”

The Thunderhawk’s main gantry opened and out stepped a group of 10 men, three of which wore the most ornate armour, definitely officers of high rank. “Commander Azrael, I can’t say it’s a pleasure.” Exclaimed the Inquisitor “I am not here to purposes of pleasure, Inquisitor; I am here for purposes of duty! Allow me to present my Chief Librarian Azekiel and my Chief Interrogator Chaplain...” Jovek cut him off mid sentence “Asmodai, I felt we would cross paths again, still bitter after the last time I bet!” The Interrogator Chaplain snarled he had indeed met Jovek during an earlier mission; both sides wanted a particular Fallen Angel of some importance, the Dark Angels to silence him, the Inquisition to learn.

“As I recall Jovek, the battle that took place cost my Chapter numerous Brethren, it took a while to restore numbers!” Jovek smiled to himself “Ah but you achieved it, a wiser and more humble person, the Inquisition always prevails.” He was beginning to enjoy himself, to him, it was almost a joke, though he knew full well it was something he should not have been doing, it could make such allegiances between the two forces weak.

Regaining his composure, he turned back to the Commander, now looking rather agitated “When you are quite ready Inquisitor I shall explain our presence!” “You have my apologies Commander Azrael; I do indeed wish to know why you are here.” The Commander cleared his through and began to explain “We have reason to believe you are harbouring a man who knows the whereabouts of an extremely important artefact belonging to the Dark Angels; we demand you hand them over, and we will say no more about it!

Jovek was taken aback “We have no such man; the figure of which you speak is currently held by Commander Daedalus of the Mentors Chapter, take up your problem with them, I’m certain they will welcome you with open arms.” Azrael scowled at the man, if this was true, then it was obvious that the Mentors Chapter were after the exact same artefact, and there would be no way it could be allowed to fall into the hands of another faction. The matter had been decided there and then, the Dark Angels would take the prisoner back from their own brothers, by negotiation or force, and they knew which they preferred!

A squadron of Predator Infernos laid waist to the last vestiges of chaotic corruption; the Mentors had fought long and hard and were now prepared to go back to their learning. Daedalus sat in his personal quarters within the citadel, cleaning the creature’s blood from his armour, a small pot of polish glinting in the sunlight glinting through the small arched window. A shadow loomed within the doorway; he looked up to see another Space Marine, this time not of the Mentors.

“And who do I have the pleasure of addressing?” he asked almost expecting the answer “I am Captain Maximus Treygard of the Grey Knights I have been sent by...” “Inquisitor Jovek, yes Captain, I’m aware of what I did, it was a mistake to go in with out the proper Inquisition support.” The Grey Knight stood silent for a moment as if in thought, though in the mind of the Commander, he could have simply been received orders from the Inquisition itself.

“Indeed, what you did is deemed incorrect protocol, but that is not my purpose for being here, I have been sent to inform you that the Dark Angels want your prisoner, my master will soon be heading to this world, alongside their chapter, in order to retrieve the artefact.”

Daedalus stood from his seat, his full height causing him to block the sun’s rays from beaming down “Inform your master, that we welcome him to this world, but inform him that if a Dark Angel sets so much as a foot on this surface, I will personally see them off the planet the same way they came, with the involvement of my own boot if need be!”

Treygard smiled to himself, he respected Daedalus, and he was a fair man, with a strong value of justice and honesty, with little time for interlopers such as the Dark Angels. He did of course expect there to be a form of resentment from the other party, an idea that the Mentors may have something to hide from them, perhaps that fact they may already have the artefact.

“My master has sent me to help you see sense, if you hand over the artefact, I am certain as is he, that they will withdraw quietly and without trouble.” Daedalus gave him an unconvinced and somewhat world weary glance “Go and inform your master that Commander Azrael can take his power sword and use it in a somewhat unthinkable manner! I have no time for his interloping, besides, I have my own problems to contend with” Treygard was somewhat taken aback by this turn of events, he had never seen such resentment come from one Space Marine in regards to another, yet he felt no taint, no taint whatsoever, infact what he felt was more describable as being an abject fear, as if something darker and more sinister were at work, Treygard and his master would get to the bottom of this whether the two factions liked it or not.

TO BE CONTINUED...

(Will post further parts on request)

• 3 weeks later...
well i think you need to post the rest here. :D

Well, I want to know what other people think of it so far, before I start posting more chapters, I don't want to swamp the forum with chapters nobody is going to read.

• 1 month later...

Archived