[WIP] Trueish scale Thunderhawk

Pulse

Since i have been on the B&C i have never actually posted up any projects i have been doing, mainly as i am far to busy to actually finish any, but this time i am actually going to finish one, and what monster! :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Pulsey/DSCF0728.jpg

There isn't much progress so far, but as you can see from the picture its massive compared to the Rhino next to it! I have intentionally printed the plans out bigger than normal as im trying to get the effect of the size of the beast as it is about twice the size of the normal FW Thunderhawk. It will also have extra troop carrying abilties or a few dreadnaughts, i may also add a medi deck for an Apothecary.

I will be making this out of: 10, 20, 40, 60 & 80 Plasticard

6mm MDF - for base of rear fuselage

GW Land speeder kit (when i can get hold of one :) )

As a secondary project i will be making a strike force decked out in the colours and livery of my DIY chapter the Star Lords. They will be trueish scale marines all in mk8 armour as seen here, i hope to do about 40 marines and 10 terminators. I will also be true scaling three Rhinos, two Land Raiders and a Predator!

More progress soon, wish me luck lads! <_<

I will be modeling a "dreadnaught holder" inside the actual troop compartment, infact it will probably have two "holders" and because of the extra troop carrying ability, the Thunderhawk will probably be able to carry about 40 marines, and about 10 Terminators, plus the two dreadnaughts. Enough for a large force to be deployed.

Also i will be making 3 heavy bolter turrets (that i am sketching as i type this). They will be fully enclosed and armoued. The two front heavy bolter turrets will be in the same place just to either side of the main ramp, and i will probably be adding the third on the roof of the fuselage, just behind the cockpit.

Oh good Lord, the man's gone completely stark raving cuckoo.... :confused:

This is going to be spectacular if you can pull it off. Not dissing you, you understand - but where on Earth are you going to get parts like the engines from?

This is going to be spectacular if you can pull it off. Not dissing you, you understand - but where on Earth are you going to get parts like the engines from?

Yeh if i pull it off, i shall be a model maker extraordinaire!!

I will make the engines from scratch, already got a few bits that will be able to make the main form of the engine, i will just use plasticard and wire and metal bits and bobs to finish it off. :confused:

Hehe i will be keeping this as updated as i can mate, off to get a few more materials tomorrow from Kingston (Upon Thames) so hopefully i should have the next update tomorrow or sunday!

What're you building it with? Remember you'll have to keep it light. I'm reminded of a guy who made a Tau Orca on Warseer - he made the main body of it from Balsa wood. Turned out looking really good. You might want to consider that as an option. I'll see if I can dig up the thread for you.

EDIT: Here you go. ;)

Righty-ho.

I have just got back from buying the extra materials i need start this beast, but just now my camera is playing up so i will be posting some pics up as soon as i can!

• 1 month later...

Archived