Avenging Angels

Brother Cambrius

Greetings brothers. It's been a bit since I've posted here so I thought I'd re-light the kindling on this chapter that was guiven to me by BlackRaptor93.

Stats:

Name: Avenging Angels

Homeworld: Uilidia, near Eye of Terror

Founding: Unknown (believed to be 22nd)

Gene Seed: Unknown (believed to be Ultramarines)

Organisation: Codex

Chapter Master: Hylon Adarsta

Symbol:

gallery_26154_1706_224.gif

Colour Scheme:

Tactical:

gallery_26154_1503_133738.png

Terminator:

tsm.php?hdt=FFFFFF&hdm=FFFFFF&hdl=FFFFFF&ey=FF0000&er=FFFFFF&pi=454545&nk=007002&cht=007002&ch=007002&abs=007002&bt=007002&btd=EFB736&cod=007002&ull=007002&lk=CC0000&lll=007002&lft=007002&url=007002&rk=CC0000&lrl=007002&rft=007002&sl=D4D496&sli=454545&sr=D4D496&sri=454545&ula=007002&lel=007002&lla=007002&lh=CC0000&ura=007002&rel=007002&rla=CC0000&rh=CC0000&eg=EFB736&sk=EFB736&rta=CC0000&lta=CC0000&lhd=EFB736&rhd=EFB736&ct=EFB736&cts=ADADAD&camh=007002&camb=CC0000&cams=CC0000&caml=2FFF00&brc=EFB736&rb=454545&gr=EFB736&bg=FFFFFF&grid=TRUE

History:

The Avenging Angels are believed to have been founded in the 38th millennium as part of the 22nd founding and to have been forged from Guilliman's gene-seed, but most records for the chapter have disappeared when they were believed to have been destroyed around two millennia after their founding. Their purpose was to be part of the Astartes Praeses that guards the Eye of Terror from the ruinous powers of chaos and they did their purpose well for many centuries.

The chapter master, Gaius Kromus was chosen by the unknown chapter from which the Avenging Angels originate and taught the chapter how to fight against the ruinous powers and other xenos, which terrorized the region. The chapter won many battles against the forces of chaos, mostly against the Black Legion and against other xenos also, including the Eldar and their dark, sadistic cousins. Their crusade on the daemonic planets of the Nomadus system was where a major turn in the chapter's history began. They were being sent to the Nomadus system to cleanse and purge the worlds from Nurgle and the ruinous Death Guard with a squad of Grey Knights alongside to make sure that the Angels were not corrupted by the temptations of chaos. The chapter fought well cleansing many cities and planets in the system leaving one last planet at the centre of the system, Nomadus itself. It was there that they first met the Death Guard.

The chapter drop podded down to the planet and were expecting lethal forces to be waiting for them but none came when they landed in swampish land, cushioning their descent to the ground. When the chapter disembarked, they observed the planet that they were to cleanse. Only for it to be deserted with nothing but rotting swamps and fog. No vegetation was seen apart from some blackened stumps were trees were believed to have once stood before Nurgle infected the planet. Confused, the Chapter Master tried to contact the fleet above him in orbit, only for communications to be lost due to the ionising yellow fog.

It was then that their adversaries were first seen.

Rotting cadavers floated up to the surface of the swamp. The chapter master observed the bodies and decided that they were disturbed by the drop pod landings and should be left alone. It was then that the Death Guard struck. Squads after squad of pestilent ridden astartes rose from the depths of the swamp and attacked the chapter. Surprised by the attack, many Angels Avenged fell being caught off guard before they could regroup. Master Kromus rallied the astartes and charged at the fallen marines of Nurgle. Their counter attack was devastating against the Death Guard as many fell to the chainswords and bolters of the chapter.

The Death Guard lost many due to the ferocity and sheer force of the Angels and retreated from the battle sinking back into the swamps. The Avenging Angels cheered for their first victory but then a scream was heard behind them. It was there that the chapter realised that the battle had only just started. A tactical marine was being held at the throat by one of the rotting corpses that floated to the surface earlier, on only they weren't corpses any more. Green fire erupted from the eyes of the bodies and they attacked the marines. Yet even more fell as the screaming and groaning of the cadavers shuffled towards the Avenging Angels.

The astartes opened fire against the rotting zombies of Nurgle and were shocked by the amount of punishment the rotting bodies could take before falling to the ground. The chapter was also shocked by the sheer strength of the zombies as they got too close and clenched onto the marines and tried to bite through the armour, which they did so with repulsive ease. Many victims howled with pain as they fell into the swamps and sunk beneath the surface of the swamp being swarmed over by the cadavers with their limbs being bitten off as the death-ridden bodies feasted on them. The forces that were used against his beloved chapter and brothers disgusted Kromus.

He roared the battlecry of the chapter and they counter attacked the cadavers of Nurgle. This worked well against them as chainswords roared and hacked down the enemy. It was then that the Death Guard returned to finish off the job. The army of Nurgle rose again from the swamp and attacked the chapter from behind alongside the zombies. The Angels were close to losing and were down from around two hundred marines to only around one hundred. Knowing that if help did not come soon, Kromus and his force would be destroyed. he threw a distress beacon as far as he could and hoped that the fleet above him would find the signal. Thankfully, it did.

Green drop pods fell to the ground alongside a drop pod of silver. Out of them came an entire company of Avenging Angels and out of the other came the five Grey Knights that accompanied them. The new reinforcements tore through the enemy like a hot knife through butter and destroyed almost the entire rotting enemy with some surviving Death Guard disappearing back into the swamp. Kromus walked over to the Grey Knights and his company and thanked them for coming to rescue them after his signal was sent. The chapter then found their dead to recover the gene-seed, only for the gene-seeds to be corrupted and unusable due to the curse of Nurgle that was placed on them from their wounds by the fallen marines received.

When the chapter returned to the ships. They instantly ordered an Exterminatus onto the planets to ensure that all trace of the Death Guard had been eradicated from the system. Then the chapter left to return to their home-planet of Uilidia.

The Eternal Storm:

The chapter returned to Uilidia a month after their battle on Nomadus and had dealt with a small fleet of Dark Eldar that attempted to attack the fleet and raid it. They failed miserably as they were bombarded out of the quadrant by an entire chapter of angry and avenging Space Marines. When the chapter returned to their fortress on the moon of Uilidia, they celebrated their victory against Nurlge's chosen but were soon remorseful for their losses against what the Chapter Master called "A dishonourable trick" only for his Epistolary to say "That's chaos for you sir. The scum are always cowardly tricksters."

About two months after the chapter were refitted and rested, they prepared to leave the system to crusade around the eye and deal with any foes that intended to cross their path. But then Nurgle sought revenge for destroying so many of his chosen. A war band of Death Guard entered the system and poisoned the entire southern hemisphere of the farthest planet from the system, Keeven. Instantly after hearing this, Chapter Master Kromus ordered for an entire fleet of ships along with the Third and Fifth companies and a handful of veterans to attack the planet and destroy the poisonous menace for the blood of their fallen brothers on Nomadus.

The chapter masterfully exterminated all of the Death Guard in cold, gene-enhanced blood on Keeven with few losses. Kromus rejoiced at having his chapter

Edited by Brother Cambrius

• 3 weeks later...

Writing structure needs some work, as does some of the grammar. You use a lot of informality and a lot of narrative, neither of which really belong in an IA. Too many specific incidents, not enough beliefs, organization, etc.

At the moment, it's not an IA, it's a collection of really short stories.

I would have to agree with Octavulg.

I can see where you are trying to get at. But its hard to visualise as you go. (I do the exact same thing too. Makes it very hard to write). As for the colours. I would personally go with the whole Green red thing. It's nice and simple. Look pretty nice and could do some nice highlighting. I think the Terminator would look better if his head was the same colour of the shoulder pads. But that could just be me. I personally am not sure about the Chapter symbol. I don't think it really suites the colour. Or the name. The skull thing with wings I can understand, But the colours I think wouldn't work well with what you're going for. But again that might just be me. Do up a quick test model I think and see how it looks and you can go from there.

-Shadow

Wow threadromancy! You should be ashamed of yourself Octy. A mod of all people. :P Well this is a big WIP at the moment and it was left to rest when nobody said anything when I posted it. The doctrine and beliefs should be on the post but they're not so I'll fix that up when possible.

Cambrius