International Inquisition Day - October 31st!

storm bringer

Brothers, Sisters, Fellow Inquisitors,

I fear that our time has come to raise our voices and be heard in the great towers of Games Workshop. Too long has the forces of the Inquisition stood in the shadows, waiting patiently for our time to be able to stand and face the combined forces of the threats to humanity, the Daemon, the Witch, the Alien, but still we are not given the tools and powers to exercise our right to cleanse tables across the world of these enemies.

October 31st 2008 will be known as International Inquisition Day from this day forth and it will be knownb as the time when the combined forces of the Inquisition stood undivided and petitioned the powers that be for recognition and for justice!

"How shall we do this?" I hear you cry. It's this easy;

Below is a templated letter with the address that is printed in White Dwarf for Jervis Johnson's 'Standard Bearer' article. Copy and paste the text into a word document or similar, sign it, and then post it to;

Jervis Johnson, c/o White Dwarf, Design Studio, Games Workshop, Willow Road, Nottingham, NG7 2WS.

Post the letter either in the week approaching the 31st or on the 31st itself but the idea is that we get plenty of mail to GW.

This post will be appearing on a number of forums and hopefully we can gain enough support worldwide to influence GW into considering the current situation regarding the lack of attention and support for the Inquisition.

We want to keep this event good natured so PLEASE, PLEASE NO ABUSIVE OR IMPOLITE LETTERS and PLEASE send the letter as is below with just your signature or user name.

Here's the letter, show your support, lets be heard;

Dear Jervis

I’ve tried to be patient, I really have, but I’ve finally had to write to you in an attempt to gain recognition for my chosen army and myself.

I am a dedicated collector/player of the Inquisition for the Warhammer 40K system and I find myself forced to complain about Games Workshop’s continued lack of support and coverage for the armies contained within ‘Codex: Daemon Hunters’ and ‘Codex: Witch Hunters’. This lack of support has slowly continued to undermine the effectiveness of the Inquisition armies with each subsequent codex release prior to the launch of 5th edition. However since the launch of 40K 5th edition and, perhaps more importantly, the launch of ‘Codex: Chaos Daemons’ and ‘Codex: Space Marines (5th Ed)’ I have seen my chosen army have specific rules and wargear reduced in effectiveness or, even worse, have the effectiveness removed all together.

I’ve also seen the miniatures and vehicles that make up my army take a substantial increase in price. The fact that the Inquisitorial forces of the Grey Knights and the Sisters of Battle are primarily made up of metal miniatures again serves to put me and my fellow inquisitors at a significant disadvantage from a collector’s point of view.

As a loyal and long standing customer of Games Workshop products it greatly concerns me that I am witnessing the slow and gradual demise of my army. I chose the Inquisition because of all of the choices available I feel it has the most interesting and in-keeping background of the 40K universe. However with the lack of attention and coverage in the 5th edition rulebook as well as the Apocalypse expansion I think it is time that Games Workshop made a statement in regards to the future of my army as currently that future looks bleak and I fear for the demise of the Inquisition.

I very much hope that you will consider the issues highlighted in my letter and I hope that you will consider either making a statement in your ‘Standard Bearer’ column regarding these as well as recommending that it is time for the Inquisition to receive some additional support to ensure that we can continue to field effective and competitive lists.

With hope and best wishes;

[insert; user name + forum/name here ]

(A loyal and devoted servant of the Emperor of mankind)

storm bringer Posted Today, 07:15 PM

I think it is time that Games Workshop made a statement in regards to the future of my army

Now that is what makes this a reasonable letter. A statement on what will be happening, rather than a demand for an immediate FAQ/Codex, is entirely reasonable and will take no more than a day tops (If it requires a meeting) to sort out.

Possibly edit the letter so it is "Dear Mr Johnson".

Good Work!

Are you guys really doing that bad with your =][=nquisitional armies? I would like to know what's going on with the future books, but I'm not up in arms over it. The Inquisition is a small, secretive organization. By our very nature, we stay out of the spotlight. I dont want every 12 year old kid, or power gamer playing WH because it's the new cool army. Let them play WH/DH for modeling, painting, and gaming challenges! And any one that thinks WH can't compete, PM me for a game over at the LA Bunker.

I think it is time that Games Workshop made a statement in regards to the future of my army

you willl never ever get anything about this from GW . ever . Even with teh squats they didnt say we are canceling the model/army range etc They just stoped anwsering questions about them . There are some signs that could mean they want to slowlly phase out the INQ as a playable army . they arent mentioned in the rule book . they limited in settings GW doesnt want to support for a longer time [just ask about apo in one/two year and about its future].

The Sisters are mentioned in the rulebook, several times in fact. As are Grey Knights. Also, they mentioned their plans for the Dark Eldar even though they'll only be released next year (in that the DE will get new minis).

don't make a damn bit of difference unless you want to play offical tournements (which baffles me but that's another rant).

I get away fine with playing a slightly jiggered Lost And Damned army at GW Vets Night and should the Ordos forces be phased out (I feel this is unlikely) I for one will continue to plough my little furrow in the name of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind under a Decree of Special Condition.

I'm not so bothered about when stuff happens, I think that Necrons, Dark Eldar and Space Wolves all deserve some love first, I just want to know what's happening, even if its just reassurance and a possible date of, say, 2011 for the new DH/WH codexes.

I will sign mine, but I will add something.

I think we should get a WD codex (like Blood Angel) much sooner than 2011.

Great!!! That's the spirit!!! No such concerted movement has been done before AFAIK. Maybe we get an updated DH FAQ. Maybe WD article... The important thinhg here is to have a loud and strong voice shouting at GW: We are here!

Phil

For me personally the whole Idea of Inquisition is to have an Inquisitor and give him the best of the best weapons and people, I feel that the 2 dexes should be one, to really get the Inquisition feel. You cant have Inquisition with just Grey Knights or Just sisters of battle, that an't right! I feel like they should put the 2 dexs in one and give some cool stuff. thats my opoinin

I dont think there will be another WD dex, that idea sunk like a stoned fish....

There are rumours however that there will be an =][= codex to cover ALL 3 of the =][= forces at some point, but no time line as to when...

It looks good, count me in guys.

What I would have to say in support to anyone out there who says "It'll do no good" is what the heck have you got to lose? As far as I can see all it would be is the cost of an envelope and a stamp. Maybe it'll work, why not give it a try.

Good work Storm Bringer!

It looks good, count me in guys.

What I would have to say in support to anyone out there who says "It'll do no good" is what the heck have you got to lose? As far as I can see all it would be is the cost of an envelope and a stamp. Maybe it'll work, why not give it a try.

Good work Storm Bringer!

Ditto for me. I would strongly encourage people to write their own letter, too. There's nothing at all wrong with the form letter provided here, but individual letters will warrant closer inspection by GW.

Good luck, everyone!

What's wrong with the Witch Hunter Codex?

It's certainly competitive enough (in my last 3 tournies I've finished 4th, 1st & 1st), it's even better now thanks to 5th.

At fun level it has plenty of variety and while some of the units available aren't the greatest (which all Codexes suffer from) there are plenty of units to play around with.

Be careful what you wish for......look what happened to the Chaos Codex :rolleyes:

It's a bad idea to combine complaints about Rule Maintenance with complaints about Pricing.

They are completely separate.

I am sure that these two different company functions are controlled by completely separate business units within the company, whom we have no evidence to believe that they communicate with each other.

This kind of "general" feedback may never get channeled properly.

Specific feedback directed to a specific department or individual has the greatest chance.

I shall send this letter with the part about pricing omitted.

I suggest everyone else consider doing the same.

And I do think it has a fair chance of success.

If pricing is a concern, I suggest a separate effort.

But I think that effort has no chance at all.

Product pricing is usually controlled by formulas, not popular demand.

The most effective thing you can do about cost control is start a thread to attract all ideas that modelers have used to reduce budget.

Archived