Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

May Update 2

I think this is a record for the fastest I've ever updated. He's mostly done, needs basing (it'll be fun) and some minor touchups but I'm not going to be able to do much for at least a week, so pics now.

gallery_39401_2771_39445.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_40116.jpg

EDIT: one moar pic, attempting to show the rust.

gallery_39401_2771_124102.jpg

Mithril hound - that's pretty much what I'm thinking. Really shoulda sculpted some impurity seals on before I primed the thing... oh well. :)

Brother Kaelgrim - The whole lower halves of my marines are converted from chopped-up FB Chaos Warrior bodies. Unfortunately the chainmail tabards aren't separate from the legs, although if you're really careful you might be able to cut them out.

Alexander and Frontline989 - Good. ;) Thanks.

I forgot to paint the maggots crawling around in his guts. Oops. Will do that when I get to basing him, but it's finals week for me. Papers and tests and art projects, oh my! And I keep seeing flies everywhere I go. It's the GUO, I'm sure of it.

• 3 weeks later...

May update 3

One last update this month, quickie picture of the (minimal) progress on the Scorpion just to show that I have, in fact, started in on it. Wanted to have it done at this point. Stupid distracting video games...

gallery_39401_2771_52674.jpg

I really gotta fix that blotch... And then highlight the metallics, then probably more washes. Hopefully less blotchy this time. Anyway, the GUO is more or less the same as he was - waiting on a buddy to hand over some Nurglings so I can make the base less boring.

Raz, you are the horrorshow that defines a generation. ;)

You're still doing great stuff, man. Maybe the best Word Bearers army I've seen in over a decade of following the Lorgar-ites.

Also, tell me you've made Borders shoot Mountain Dew out of his nose by now. :)

Thanks, Lexington - "horrorshow that defines a generation" warms my blackened heart. :HQ: As for the Mountain Dew, sadly no - I don't think I've ever seen him drink the stuff. But when he does, I'll be there.

Speaking of horrorshows, I recently acquired a Corpse Cart because the sprues make me happy (all those little firey bitz. And I just love that cultist overseer - I mean necromancer). I've seen people put the body piles on Vindicator dozer blades and I'm thinking of shamelessly stealing this idea once the Call's over.

• 3 weeks later...
Die die die die die die die die die die chaos marines >:S. Collect a real army, like Ultramarines or make your own custom chapter of teh good guys! FOR TEH EMPERERA! :D By the way, raz, I know your brother from a game called roblox.

What was the point of this? :huh:

This forum is for constructive critism, not telling people to get a new army.

On topic, nice scorpion!! makes my Word Beares look like garbage (god dam painting skills :D )

Die die die die die die die die die die chaos marines >:S. Collect a real army, like Ultramarines or make your own custom chapter of teh good guys! FOR TEH EMPERERA! ^_^ By the way, raz, I know your brother from a game called roblox.

Ok, so your the one telling me to bug off here? Look at your quote at the bottom and gain a sense of humor.
No offense but your first comment could be seen as trolling. Obviously that wasn't the case here. Also please note that chat/leet-speak is against the rules of the B&C.

Thank you, Nihm and Cheesey. June Update 2.

Scorpion is done, pic is absolutely terrible, sorry, I have no space to photograph this thing. Will be clearing off my desk soonish so I should have better pics by the time the Call is over. Strong emphasis on should.

gallery_39401_2771_104535.jpg

I figured since it wasn't a Khorne color scheme I'd find another way to make it Khorne-y. Despite the craptacularity of the photo, I THINK you can see how I went about it. Should have a shot of the finished GUO up tomorrow. Still got lots to paint for the Call, pretty much wasted this whole time, but why do today what you can put off for two months? :jaw:

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask, but when will the next call commence? I missed out on this one (obviously) and would love to get in on the action the next time around. Seeing all this great work has inspired me.
Wow..just...wow..

Quick question, I am unable to find your first update for June anywhere, please help me out. :)

Thank you, Nihm and Cheesey. June Update 2.

Scorpion is done, pic is absolutely terrible, sorry, I have no space to photograph this thing. Will be clearing off my desk soonish so I should have better pics by the time the Call is over. Strong emphasis on should.

gallery_39401_2771_104535.jpg

I figured since it wasn't a Khorne color scheme I'd find another way to make it Khorne-y. Despite the craptacularity of the photo, I THINK you can see how I went about it. Should have a shot of the finished GUO up tomorrow. Still got lots to paint for the Call, pretty much wasted this whole time, but why do today what you can put off for two months? :tu:

This scorpion makes me weep manly tears! May all it's attacks come up 6's :huh:

Nagatamarines, wow, reported. To everyone else, thank you.

July Update 1

Here's the GUO. Like I said, not much different, but based. Decided against putting a Nurgling on there.

gallery_39401_2771_165425.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_107355.jpg

Work's begun on the Chaos Lord and the Raptor squad, and I might actually get some painting done this week. :lol:

Bolter Marine

gallery_39401_2771_46974.jpg

Well done - this is an inspiring piece of art, and imho the way a Word Bearer should look like.

Extremely well done and thanks for sharing this with us. ^^

I've been easing back into the painting side of the hobby (yet to bother rolling any dice) for a little while now. Word Bearers have always been my legion of choice, and this thread was a big source of inspiration for me while I was finding the look I wanted. So thanks, Raz.

Hopefully this will be seen in the spirit it's intended... I'd like to share my current project here, just to show something of what your models have inspired and maybe provoke some ideas and excitement myself. I've posted him elsewhere, and he's a number of phases from complete, but this is my "dark apostle" (except not, in my army fluff, similar idea but much smaller command). Excuse the bright colours, I've got a lot left to do.

gallery_55880_5095_1179.jpg

Because I know it looks strange, I should mention the head of the Crozius will be replaced with the chaos star gubbin from the CSM box.

Glory to Chaos :P

Archived