{SCULPT OFF} Primarch Madness

Too late for a vote but I umm... seventeenth Corax. I'd suggest/advise/prefer if you didn't sculpt him with a helmet since that would make him little more than an Inquisitor-scale Shrike. The only weapons specified as being Corax's are a pair of lightning claws: the Raven's Talons. However, they were crafted by the Primarch after the Isstvan V massacre and you guys are trying to completely pre-heresy, yeah? I'd emphasize the ninja theme that I'm sure most people love about the Raven Guard and give him either twin ninjato or a bo. A bo could look immensely cool with a few feathers and trinkets attached to it and some spiffy raven stuff carved into it.

Jump pack's a definate- there's no other way for a Raven Guard primarch to get around and if you insist on giving him helmet (perhaps sculpting faces isn't your forte), then it has to be a MkIII Corvus pattern helm. Cloak of feathers would be awesome and I'd sculpt talon/feather fetishes, smoke bombs, grenades, knives and the like onto his belt and jump pack harness to make him look that bit more badass. For the pose, I'd put him in a martial arts fighting stance. I'm not sure what the correct stance is when stick-fighting but I'm sure a quick bout of google-fu will see that through.

My two cents. Use what you wish, discard the rest or ignore me completely. :lol:

Jump pack's a definate- there's no other way for a Raven Guard primarch to get around and if you insist on giving him helmet (perhaps sculpting faces isn't your forte), then it has to be a MkIII Corvus pattern helm. Cloak of feathers would be awesome and I'd sculpt talon/feather fetishes, smoke bombs, grenades, knives and the like onto his belt and jump pack harness to make him look that bit more badass. For the pose, I'd put him in a martial arts fighting stance. I'm not sure what the correct stance is when stick-fighting but I'm sure a quick bout of google-fu will see that through.

My two cents. Use what you wish, discard the rest or ignore me completely. :)

I think you mean MKVI Corvus, which is exactly what Mr. Nipples used on his amazing sketch. ;)

I'm still not sure if he'd be using wings or not, I mean he was swift, agile, quiet, and nothing says quiet like a blaring jump pack behind you... :D

The jump pack would still work though for sure, but there's got to be some feathers involved, possibly along the back or shoulders or something, maybe a talbard of them?

Claws work for sure.

i dont know about u guys but iv always seen corax as being a little shorter and slighter than the other primarchs and also i remeber reading something about his jet pack looking like wings i think but he hasnt actualy got wings also i want to se the lightning claws guys

looking forward to wat u come up with now :)

I think you mean MKVI Corvus, which is exactly what Mr. Nipples used on his amazing sketch. ;)

I'm still not sure if he'd be using wings or not, I mean he was swift, agile, quiet, and nothing says quiet like a blaring jump pack behind you... :)

Oops, sorry about the helmet thing. Not only did I get the type of helm wrong, I only glanced over the sketch so the shading on the helmet looked like a face grill to me. :)

As for the wing/jump pack conundrum, how about a kind of mechanical wing device along the lines of these. SMurf it up a bit and add some RG insignia and you could have one nifty looking item.

I'd think that a raven sitting either on Corax's shoulder or nearby would be a nice touch too...

Seconded.

On second thought, I eighteenth Corax. Although I kinda abhor those little emos... BUT THIS ONE IS A BIG ONE AND THEREFORE OKAY! :tu:

But are Nipples and Villain gonna paint these bad boys? If so, I think that would look totally ace. I also THIRD the idea for a raven sculpted like on his shoulder or in a falconer's rest position.

On second thought, I eighteenth Corax. Although I kinda abhor those little emos... BUT THIS ONE IS A BIG ONE AND THEREFORE OKAY! :)

Jump into a pile of broken glass, syringes, and a running lawn mower please. :cuss

I always pictured Corax to -not- have that cloak. I swore the Night Haunter was the only one who did have that raven feather cloak. Rather than having those lightning claws, I would attach ornate blades to his fingers, if that makes sense.

There is a picture of a raptor with them floating around. Beakie and a jump pack are a must.

I am at work and away from books atm, but I believe there is a description of Corax in Fulgrim. As I recall, his armor is a light aborbing black, he has a jump pack in the shape of raven wings and uses lightning claws.

There are two relevant parts, a description of a meeting between Corax, Ferrus Manus, and Vulkan on the way to Istvaan (all three top contenders in this vote!); and the description of the drop site massacre where you get a literary glimpse at Corax in the battle.

And even though the voting is over I want to throw my support behind Ferrus and Vulkan.

Ah well, Corax it is then. We Wolves are gracious in defeat and so I offer this titbit from Fulgrim:

Corax darted like a dark bird of prey, leaping through the air with his winged jump pack, killing with every sweep of his mighty curved talons.

Corax of the Raven Guard was tall and slender. His armour was black, but also seemed to be utterly non reflective as if it absorbed light that dare fall on it. The pale ivory shoulderpads swept upwards into feathered wings... his eyes were murdously dark coals ... long, gleaming talons of silver were unsheathed over his gauntlets.

So, Lightning Claws, Jump Pack, not hugely elabourate armour and subtle looking then. Good luck!

Not sure why you guys are all voting still, they've decided on Corax and have already started their artwork and sculpts, save your breaths about what primarchs you want them to do for another time. :)

Now all they need is us to be posting about how they should be doing the scults, as in what should they look like, wargear, terrain, all that good stuff.

I think one of Corax lurking in the shadows would be sweet, but nigh impossible to do in a sculpt, still cool for artwork though.

Archived