Perturabo... Daemon Prince...

This is my version of how I see Perturabo in Daemon Prince form, the model is not painted yet, and there are still some areas I need to tidy up due to what could perhaps be described as the overuse of Green-Stuff.

I used a Soulgrinder for the basis of the model, and expanded from there with G-S, plus other bits and peices I could find in my bitz box

Any way... Enjoy! :HQ:

gallery_31111_2010_100598.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_170243.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_89913.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_147143.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_105095.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_111861.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_218567.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_70085.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_271613.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_211395.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_88501.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_110434.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_77045.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_94744.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_303760.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_7310.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_195333.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_173462.jpg

The last image shows my version of Daemon Perturabo to scale with an Imperial Pilot (from the Battle of Macragge box), a Space Marine (from my chapter, the Sons of Drachus) and a Big Mutant ( from the Lost and the Damned army list in Codex Eye of Terror)...

This is for use in Apocalypse games (or as a damn great Daemon Prince in general!)

Would love to hear what people think! :D ;) :HS:

Very very nive conversion you got there! I would reposition the legs if it is still possible, because right now he looks like he's floating, soaring over the base, not jumping or walking or whatever you modelled him to be doing

Good use of bits and greenstuff!

One Q, what parts did you use for the head?

Very very nive conversion you got there! I would reposition the legs if it is still possible, because right now he looks like he's floating, soaring over the base, not jumping or walking or whatever you modelled him to be doing

Good use of bits and greenstuff!

One Q, what parts did you use for the head?

Actually the feet are touching the base, he isn't actually floating, it can be seen best in the 2nd to last photo also I'm going to build a barricade like structure on the base (with some terrified looking gaurdsmen underneath him, so it looks like he's leaping over it.

Also the front foot is going to have a few more layers put underneath it, so it looks like he is actually standing on something, the base is infact very much work in progress, and more images of it will be posted at a later date.

The head is the basic Soulgrinder head, with an Ork targetter, and green stuff, the vox-caster like thing in the mouth is actually the back of a Chaos Dirge-Caster mount, green stuffed into position.

Any other questions let me know, I'm glad to answer them, and to any one else reading this, I'd love to hear other views and thoughts too :)

looks pretty good my only beef is with his lower body and legs.. they seem.... frail not fitting for a chaos demon.

It is still extremely "Work in Progress"... I plan to do some more to the model ASAP.

The base needs alot of work done to it, and yes, I do need to work on the legs, but that will resolved forthwith! :)

QUICK UPDATE...

The legs have been heavily green-stuffed to give them more humane appearence, but have retained the Soulgrinder peices and added a few extra mechanical peices to keep them in-line with the Iron Warriors.

Should be able to post some more pics soon ;).

A horrible looking model (in the best way possible) maybe its just me but theres something VERY unnerving about it. you've done great to get such an evil feel out of the model

Very menacing looking and deamonesque

very nice job

Im still not sure why I feel so uneasy looking at it :P

It may be the actual size, its one of the biggest models I've ever built (not counting the Baneblade), infact this is the biggest model on foot I've ever built, but I always felt the Daemon Primarchs should be big, VERY BIG!

I've also beefed up the legs, so they are practically the width of the Soulgrinder leg guards, and are looking much more muscular! have added extra sizing to the feet, so they should look better too. :D

Definitely beef up the legs as mentioned! The thing is definitely scary looking, and sufficiently "Daemon-ish". Only one side issue might be that I always seen Iron Warriors with a "clean look" as in non-rusted silver armor and those black/yellow hazard markings all over. While I'm sure he's probably not going to be packing those yellow-black markings, the model does seem just a little too "dirty" with lots superfluous bits hanging here and there. Then again, your paint-job may fix this entirely so I suppose take my advice with a grain o' salt :D

Definitely beef up the legs as mentioned! The thing is definitely scary looking, and sufficiently "Daemon-ish". Only one side issue might be that I always seen Iron Warriors with a "clean look" as in non-rusted silver armor and those black/yellow hazard markings all over. While I'm sure he's probably not going to be packing those yellow-black markings, the model does seem just a little too "dirty" with lots superfluous bits hanging here and there. Then again, your paint-job may fix this entirely so I suppose take my advice with a grain o' salt ^_^

Ah worry not, I will be cleaning the model up, it's still in its early stages, the base is taking less time as I already know what I want to make from it, so that's coming along quicker, I've already got one dead guardsmen and another fleeing from Perturabo (I used a vampire counts zombie head for that, it makes the warrior look terrified!).

I will then be building it so it looks like he's climbing over a Barricade and I've lowered him down a little, so his feet are actually touching the base, so he no longer looks like he's floating, and have repositioned the front leg ever so slightly for better imagery.

some of the bits hanging off will be filed down, so they resemble bits of armour, so they won't all be there like that for much longer, and there's more green-stuffing to be done, I have the tools to do it thankfully, so expect to see a better image of him. :D :D ^_^

And yes, I do tend to find the model is vastly improved once it is painted, all the poor looking parts I don't get opportunity to clean up suddenly look 10x better! :D :P ^_^

looks really good so far. in my opinion he looks very iron warrior, like a giant and a JCB put in a blender an glued together.

(in a good way) i dunno that there is any one thing that screams out "Primarch", they're all difernt plus you have too account for the blooody warp screwing stuff up

WANT PICTURES please

..erik

Here are the latest photos of "Project Perturabo", as you can see I've green-stuffed parts of the body, added extra toes, and added two guardsmen (one dead, one fleeing) to the base, which will be flocked and static-grassed (does that even maked sense grammatically) once all the barricade like peices are built, of which photos will be posted also.

Any way, here are the latest photos for your viewing pleasure. :D :lol: ^_^

gallery_31111_2010_91631.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_267054.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_35017.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_157742.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_248728.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_248203.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_153619.jpg

gallery_31111_2010_84409.jpg

and before any one says anything, yes I know I need to clean up the Green-stuff... I'll get some sand paper and smooth it down. :D :lol: ^_^

I liked the old legs far better. Maybe you could do obliterator style green stuff instead of smoothing it? the lower legs seem too long, but you could bulk out the waist to counter it maybe. also he would look more planted if the claws were flat the ground, and maybe even digging in.

I liked the old legs far better. Maybe you could do obliterator style green stuff instead of smoothing it? the lower legs seem too long, but you could bulk out the waist to counter it maybe. also he would look more planted if the claws were flat the ground, and maybe even digging in.

For the feet, I'm going to build up the barricade around it, so it looks like the front foot is clawing its way through the metal and the like, also the model is removable from the stand, so this can easily be achieved.

I might have a way of bulking out the waste, again, it will be more Obliterator style.

In all honesty, I never thought this project would be so difficult, ah well I've gotten this far, I must endeavour to see the undercoat upon it :P :tu: B)...

definitely. I'm loving it though.

Thanks.

I managed to pick up some new "sculpting tools" (and I use the term extremely loosely, cos really they weren't meant for that purpose) that will allow me to make the G-S look alot more like muscle. B) <_< :to:

I plan to get an Imperial structure to make up the base and cover up the wire that holds Perturabo in place, I will make out look as if it has been used to build up a barricade.

Oh, and Black Templar players may want to look away on the next load of photos I hope to post. :D ;) ^_^

I'll be using left over Black Templar Landraider doors I have for part of the barricade, so I will be "altering" them to appear scavenged as if from a destroyed Landraider. :D :lol: ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

NEW UPDATE:

The model is now complete and undercoated.

I have succesfully managed to widen the waste area with the use of a Havoc Launcher and a couple of Missile Launcher (looking more chaos than their original Space Marine form).

The other thing is also that the base is completed, I have removed the fleeing warrior, as I felt it didn't really fit with the model, and made some alternate changes.

I will post photos of the model in Stage 2 (its undercoat stage) before I start on stage 3 where I start to paint the model with the Iron Warriors/Daemon Prince colour scheme I have planned.

Archived