Relic Blades+Storm Shields?

shrike22

Im just a bit confused because the relic blade is a two handed weapon and the storm shield takes up one hand so the model can't get a bonus for two weapons. So does that mean that you cant use the Relic Blade and storm shield in CC???

IIRC it doesn't specifically state that a relic blade is 2 handed, simply that its a big freaking sword and you cannot claim +1 A for 2 CC weapons. Also does the new SS claim a hand to use it? Either way, you can use both.

Thanks for the help juist something i was wondering because neither of them let you gain the +1 and i thought that maybe you would not be able to use them togeather and i know where i got the two handed thing from, evil :devil: misleading fluff. (but only for the relic blade otherwise fluff is good.)

IIRC it doesn't specifically state that a relic blade is 2 handed, simply that its a big freaking sword and you cannot claim +1 A for 2 CC weapons. Also does the new SS claim a hand to use it? Either way, you can use both.

Page 99 of the lovely new codex says they are two handed as well as big freaking sword and no +1

That's in the fluff part of the description, not in the rules part. As said, yes you can use both at the same time. There are no "1-2 handed" distinctions anymore, replaced by a much better method of "you get an extra attack or you don't."

Why would you even worry about that? If marines can use thunderhammers and storm shields together (a "two handed" and "one handed" in the outdated classification system) or even two thunderhammers together (two "two-handed") then why not a relic blade and shield? It's not going to get faq'd away.

Of course I am. They all are under that old "two-handed" idea; it's in the main rulebook. Thunder hammers, power fists, and lightning claws do not get an extra attack if you have a pistol; you need to have two of the same weapon (hammer-hammer, fist-fist, claw-claw) to get it. Now we as marines can add relic blades to that list.

This is correct. You can indeed use both.

The fluff for the relic blade indicates it is two handed, but when you read the rule it just says you cannot get an extra attack for a second weapon.

And even if it was by rule a two handed weapon the BRB just restates the same rule for two-handed weapons. Neither of which say you can't use any wargear or equipment.

The storm shield never even claims to use a hand. and just simply states that you cannot get a bonus attack from a second CCW. In addition the Storm shield is listed under other equipment, not weapons. So it is just considered wargear.

So all the rules state the same thing. Nowhere does it say you can't use more than one peice of equipment while in CC.

This is correct. You can indeed use both.

The fluff for the relic blade indicates it is two handed, but when you read the rule it just says you cannot get an extra attack for a second weapon.

And even if it was by rule a two handed weapon the BRB just restates the same rule for two-handed weapons. Neither of which say you can't use any wargear or equipment.

The storm shield never even claims to use a hand. and just simply states that you cannot get a bonus attack from a second CCW. In addition the Storm shield is listed under other equipment, not weapons. So it is just considered wargear.

So all the rules state the same thing. Nowhere does it say you can't use more than one peice of equipment while in CC.

I was thinking that the SS uses a hand because in the last codex it did or atleast it was hinted and things like what uses a hand and does not use a hand generally wont change.

They are in the two handed category section of the wargear list (when there was one)

Not in my 4th edition marine codex, or Deamon Hunters codex. Listed in both as one handed.

They are in the two handed category section of the wargear list (when there was one)

Can you provide a reference? Book and page, please. As far as I remember they have been one-handed since 2nd edition (and probably before).

Then again, it doesn;t really matter what they were before. It has no bearing on the question at hand.

Mal Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

There was a book saying what weapons were two handed and what were not? Anyway it doesnt matter anymore and you even said it yurself when there was one and now we go by the rulebook which says they are only one hand (not directly though)

Archived