Lord of Change

Growler67

Originally conceived of and started shortly after the 4th Ed Codex was released. Was playing Space Wolves and misunderstood the 13th Company. Thinking they were lost to Chaos, I started a Wolf themed CSM Company and this is the BBMFIC. Due to many things that I will not get into, This project got shelved. Just thought I'd share it as I am once again putting together another Space Wolf Company. Just happened to dig this d00d up while unpacking from a recent move.

Using the staff from the Lord of Change Greater Daemon of Tzeentch grafted onto a LORT Balrog. I sculpted the fur over the "flames" on the forearms and blended fur across the back oto the wing roots. I increased the size of the chest to fill it out more after adding the heads off of a couple of Reaper Dire Wolf models. More fur blending across the shoulders and so on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tyggrr65/Models/Chaos/DSC01698.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tyggrr65/Models/Chaos/DSC01699.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tyggrr65/Models/Chaos/DSC01701.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tyggrr65/Models/Chaos/DSC01700.jpg

Head bent down to "more easily consume" those that dare get too close.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tyggrr65/Models/Chaos/DSC01702.jpg

It's great work. I don't know what it is, but in the last shot, he looks pretty chubby. Unless that's just a big chest on him.

+EDIT+ I didn't realize he had two heads. That thing looks awesome! +EDIT+

It's really nice to see a differently-styled Lord of Change. Given that Tzeentch is arguably the most 'chaotic' of Chaos Gods, it's entirely fitting, and looks really good! Wolf-themed Tzeentchians could end up being very cool indeed!

On that note, has anyone ever seen a model of a wolf in roughly similar scale? I could have a use for that.

That said, I really like this, the only thing that bothers me is the scale of the heads, but you did very well with what you had to work with :yes:

Thanx. I looked long and hard for larger scale heads. There were some toys that had better size but didn't have the muzzles in a particularly aggressive pose. I went with the biggest that I could find. Twin tails to match the two heads. Being a bit out of proportion, I figure is just another "chaotic" element........well, that's what I'm going with. If I find some better scaled heads I'll redo this, although I am still toying with the idea of adding a third head to try and balance it out a bit more. A third head would require removal of the first two for even placement. Not to mention, I have to find a local source for the A-Poxy putty I used for this. I really like and prefer it over green stuff and I moved earlier this year and haven't done much hobby store recon in my new hood.

It's really nice to see a differently-styled Lord of Change. Given that Tzeentch is arguably the most 'chaotic' of Chaos Gods, it's entirely fitting, and looks really good! Wolf-themed Tzeentchians could end up being very cool indeed!

I misunderstood the story behind the Space Wolf 13th Company. I thought they were lost in the "Eye" to Chaos. I'm not as well read as I'd like to be and when I was more active in 40K (4th Ed) there really wasn't much out there about them. I didn't realize until recently that the "Wulfen" within protected them from turning to the dark side. Their exposure merely brought out the feral nature and they still hunt the traitors vigorously and are still loyal to Russ. However, a themed Chaos Company is still possible. I have heard bits and pieces about a few "Wolf Brothers" leading fragments of other companies like the Red Corsairs, and also the mentioning of a possible company called the Dark Wolves. There may be hope and incorporation/use of this model.

I was going to theme it Tzeench because it was on a raid to the Thousand Sons that the 13th was lost. I also have a wonderfully painted Ahriman given to me by coworker and good friend. Combine those elements and thus a Tzeench Greater Daemon. The marines will be painted T-Sons unless I can find out more about the Dark Wolves. There is time, for me. As my primary army will be my Space Wolves. I have a Dread that's been "modified" to fit the theme and has a base coat on it. However, it too is still a WIP. Pics soon of it.

Okay, I had a recollection of why I modelled it with 2 instead of 3 heads. It was to resemble Morkai (the twin-headed guardian of the Gates of Death, who devours the souls of the unworthy) from the lore of the Fenrisian elders. I know that in facing a SM Chapter or Company "...and they shall not know fear." would apply. But what might cause one to have fear on a battlefield than to face a Greater Daemon of Chaos and to have it resemble something like Morkai? The disproportion might also be a facet of Chaos and since it is supposed to be a Lord of Change, so much more fitting, eh? Anyway, that is my recollection about part of the concept for this creation.

Archived