White armour, golden trims

warflag

Hi folks, I am warflag. I am new to this board, and I want to share with you my wip diy Space Marine army progress.

This chapter exists for a year and a half now and progress is slow. It is my second attempt at a SM army. I got a bit bored by my first one, which had an orange theme. Quite an eye-burner, I decided I needed a new one.

This army was started under 4th Ed rules with chapter traits. Don

Edited by warflag

Thank you everybody!

oh my freaking god! those are awesome!!!!, how did you make the helmets? the dread is amazing too!

Greens and plasticard :P

I formed the "beak from greenstuff. That is quite easy, take a small ball, attach it to the front and press the sides. The rest is cutting and filing.

The cheak guards (is that a word?) are made from tiny strips of plasticard, 0.5mm. you have to cut back the helmet sides a bit to make them fit.

This should illustrate how:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/gewaltherrscher/esvets.jpg

You can see here that I had to do some parts in full greens. This was due to the very tight head position in the chest armour.

Ah so your Emperor's Shields have finally made it over to the "Power Armoured Fortress". :P

Cheers Heru!

Dude, this is the Space Marine board. Incredible I did not come here before...

When I saw all those great marine armies I could no longer resist.

Cheers

Bart

Edited by warflag

Hmmmm, from "Flaming Pumpkins" company of the Salamanders to the male equivalent of the SoB's :blink: Nice work, really. I'd like a little more info on your converting the "beakies" heads though. Not so much the plasticard along the sides as the squaring off of the beaks. Just GS or is there more to what you did?

His original project thread on Warseer can be found HERE.

It includes a in depth tutorial on making the beaks, tutorial on the painting the models, WIP shots of the Dread etc.

Edited by Heru Talon

My friendly assistant has it right :P :)

Thanks Heru !

I have a long thread on warseer, where all your questions on step by step are answered in depth. You will find out everything you´d need to do the dread yourself.

Anyway, some things I want to answer here: The beak part of the helmet indeed is just GS. And it´s really easy to do. Take a little ball of GS, stick it to the front exhaust. Use index finger and thumb and squeeze the nose. Now you should have the basic form. See to make it flat at the bottom. That will lift up the beak a bit and the bow on top will turn upwards. Now free the eyes, press the beak down where it covers the eyes. Try to make the surface smooth. After the GS dried make a cut from 1/3 up the lower edge of the beak downtowards the neck. That will be the new exhaust.

Sounds complicated, but if you do this step by step, word by word, it should look like what I have done ;)

The double cheesecannon consists of one original cannon and one scratchbuild. Fairly easy though took some time. I used GS from which I rolled the barrels. I attached these barrels as three parts between a hexagon shaped plasticard piece that was filed to the riginal form. The rest was Plasticard pieces. All 1mm card.

As for the zerkers, they are not that spectacular. I did just slight conversions. The big conversions where the termies. I had the classic white metal ones. Excessive sawing was included.

I´ll post some tomorrow.

So, a great thank you to all who have posted. Cool you like them, cooler you demand more.

Next on this channel, a chaplain dreadnought, and terminators. Hope to get some done til next week.

Cheers

Bart