New to CSM...

eyescrossed

Today I got the CSM battleforce, the khorne lord w/ bloodfeeder, a box of chaos termies nad the termy chaos lord.

But I don't have the codex.

So my question is, how many points would this be (with and without upgrades - your choice!)?

Also, would it be easy to proxy a soul grinder as a defiler?

Thanks in advance

eyescrossed

army is illegal because it has no troops . buy 40 csm first[or 32/36 zerkers] then start thinking about HQs . elite etc . also khorn HQ are really the weakest out of the chaos dex and bloodfeeder has an almost 1/3 chance of making your lord do nothing . If you want a khorn HQ then either a DP [again weakest of all DPs] or a LC lord with wings .

ah and terminator armor for HQs is a bad choice . too slow and gives them no real bonus .

I think there's a few TROOPers in the battleforce. Still, having loads of TROOPs is important, so I second the need for more.

A rough estimate would be 800-900 pts. (If I remember the contents of the battleforce correctly). One thing to remember in 40k is that to many upgrades are simply bad.

I think a Terminator Lord and a retinue of Terminators is swell and "fluffy". On his own it's a huge waste, I'll agree there.

I think the Soul Grinder should be rather easy to use as a proxy for a Defiler.

A solution: I have tons of daemons, which I could use as lesser daemons, which count as scoring.

As I'm sure you know, the Lesser Daemons don't count against your 2 Mandatory Troops so you'll still have to field some Marines. Lesser Daemons are a good way to bulk up your army but you have to remember that unlike God Daemons, they're fairly basic.

8 Beserkers and 10 CSMs isn't a bad start really.

10 CSMs with a Champion and 2 Specials will run you around 200 points

8 Beserkers with a Champion and a Rhino will run you around 230 points

5 Possessed and 5 Terminators will end up around 280 points not counting upgrades

Chaos HQs run around 150 points depending on upgrades

And I think a Soul Grinder would make a fine Defiler, I know I'd have no problem with it.

Them: "Oh hey this giant spidery thing is my Defiler"

Me: "Well yeah, I kinda assumed since its a giant spidery thing"

My thoughts would be to go buy another Rhino so both of your squads could be mounted. After that try out a few 1000 point games and see what works for you. We could tell you all day about what is/isn't a good buy but sometimes practice is the best thing.

Of course if you want us to tell you, we can do that too. ;)

since it was impossible to make a working army out of it .

he either needs 20 csm and 2 rhinos for a 1k pts csm army . or 24 zerkers for a zerker one.

well not really, all he needs is a modeling knife and a bit of imagination!

plenty spare parts in his battle force, get rid of the khorne symbols, pull off the bunny ears and mix and match the parts etc. use possessed parts mixed in with normal csm parts for champs and a new lord as possessed are the nintendo wii of the chaos dex( fun to take out once in while but you don't want to drag it out every night) not really worth building, add the rest of the possessed bit to the old bitz box for further army expansion.

gives him atleast 25 possible models and plenty of parts for a plastic built lord.........

to the OP, i'll make a small start for you as you could easily build something like this to get you started ^_^

Chaos Lord = 170 pts

wings( from your possessed sprue),plasma pistol, daemon weapon(possessed sprue has a few choices that will pass), meltabombs

CSM Squad 1 = 250 pts

9x csm, icon of chaos glory, 1x meltagun, 1x flamer, rhino

1x champ, powerfist

CSM squad 2 = 220 pts

9x csm, icon of chaos glory, 2x plasmagun

1x champ, power weapon

Chaos Terminator squad = 210 pts

4x termies, 4x combi-meltas, icon of chaos glory

1x champ, combi-melta, chainfist

Defiler = 150 pts

total = 1000 pts

you've enough parts to build that easily and still have parts left over for expanding at a later date, i'm not saying it's the greatest list but it's not bad and will get you playing without having to spend any more cash.

hope that helps and give you an some idea but you really should get the codex as soon as possible.......

and welcome to the chaotic side of the fence! :P

i'm sure you get 2 plasmaguns in the battleforce as you get 2x command sprues if i'm not mistaken, termies are expensive but until he can get some more stuff together they will fill a hole. could even strip some of the upgrade down to give him 2x 3 man squads with combi weapons.

i threw i together in 5 mins just to give him some ideas etc :D

i'm sure you get 2 plasmaguns in the battleforce as you get 2x command sprues if i'm not mistaken, termies are expensive but until he can get some more stuff together they will fill a hole. could even strip some of the upgrade down to give him 2x 3 man squads with combi weapons.

i threw i together in 5 mins just to give him some ideas etc :D

Unfortunately, just the 1 command sprue. But you can convert a bolter and zerker plas pistol into a plasma gun!!

Archived