Damascus 40k blog :D

BrotherDamascus

Hey all, just wishing to announce my return - after months of a boring, 40k-less life...i realised...i needed 40k!

and where better to return than to my favourite community, the Bolter and Chainsword!

it seemed i couldnt have joined at a better time, the Librarium painitng challenge is back! now, while i have sworn that i shall not start till 1st January, i still have yet to make a scheme for my new loyalist chapter: here is a scheme with some variations i whipped up in excitement:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/newscheme.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/newscheme1.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/newscheme2.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/newscheme4.jpg

In hindsight, i would have preffered the bolter to be black.

so the paints i plan to use are:

light grey areas - Astronomican grey / shades

darker grey - Adeptus Battlegrey / shades

Browns: Charadon Granite / Calthan Brown / Khemri Brown

Light Blue bits : still out in the open B)

Arm: mixes of Mechrite red and Solar orange?

Note: symbol and chapter name are still in the open for suggestions :rolleyes:

for those who havnt read the vow, im painting and presenting a Command Squad with a Commander by February the 28th

so please, C&C on the scheme and keep an eye on this thread for my entries for the challenge!

Cheers,

<<Damascus>>

Hey dude

Good to see your back :rolleyes: Hmm,an interesting chapter scheme,any info on them that might help to create a name or badge?

I like the red arm,would be cool to have that explained.

Keep us posted

The Red Dragon

The scheme is interesting, the solid grey should make for fairly quick and easy painting, with careful use of inks to make them stand out.

The red... now heres the thing... you can go for solid red, but that would be a hugh contrast, and probaly to be avoided, too much contrast off center will make the model look lopsided. Too light and it'll be more pink than red, too dark... well I don't like mixing dark red with light colours... but mabey thats just me...

I'd probally go with a dark orange mixed with blood red, give it a little vibrancy without making it too dark.

*EDIT*

As for badge, somethink liek the silver scorpion badge would look great, i'll do a searchy for good scorpion badges in a bit. For the name, i'd probally go with something like Scorpions Justice, or Scorpions Vengence.

*EDIT*

A few badge ideas:

gallery_36925_2720_7898.gifgallery_36925_2720_37270.jpggallery_36925_2720_11971.jpggallery_36925_2720_10778.jpg

The last 2 are very similar, but done slightly differently, the first will be easier to paint, the second looks better.

The scheme is interesting, the solid grey should make for fairly quick and easy painting, with careful use of inks to make them stand out.

The red... now heres the thing... you can go for solid red, but that would be a hugh contrast, and probaly to be avoided, too much contrast off center will make the model look lopsided. Too light and it'll be more pink than red, too dark... well I don't like mixing dark red with light colours... but mabey thats just me...

I'd probally go with a dark orange mixed with blood red, give it a little vibrancy without making it too dark.

thanks :rolleyes: i do indeed have a few inks and washes (as well as weathering powders ;) ) to use B)

thanks for the tips on the reds, i was stumped and thats provided great clarity ;) ill have to whip up a few test ideas on my AoBR marines :) thanks very much Mal!

Terminatorinhell - im taking parts of those ;) cheers

<<Damascus>>

WB to the addiction :rolleyes: Guess you ran out of bubblegum?

Not sure why, but it makes me think Mechanicus for some reason (likely the red arm, but the starkness of the Astronomicon Grey too). So, maybe an Iron Hands succesor of some flavor (or, alternatively, Salamanders).

If you go that route, I'd say lots of attention to the wargear - extra details to show the artisian/mech influence.

But I do like the scheme B)

Edit : LOL-even in quick reply there managed to be 4 posts before I could shoot mine out. Going on your Scorpions idea, maybe Iron Scorpions (lesser know cousin of the Brass Scorpion).

WB to the addiction :) Guess you ran out of bubblegum?

Not sure why, but it makes me think Mechanicus for some reason (likely the red arm, but the starkness of the Astronomicon Grey too). So, maybe an Iron Hands succesor of some flavor (or, alternatively, Salamanders).

If you go that route, I'd say lots of attention to the wargear - extra details to show the artisian/mech influence.

But I do like the scheme :)

thanks very much Justin Kase i was thinking of going an IH sucessor route, cause then i get to experiment with Bionic pieces :D

***WIP UPDATE***

i've dug out the new sicarius model and i think i'll chop him up a bit (not because hes a smurf, but because i want cooler weapons :P) to make the Commander i vowed to enter. i've got an old WHFB Chaos skull helmet for him, and im thinking of making some sort of 'Chain-Lance' - more to come on that

as for the Command Squad: all 5 are assembled; including the old, retro metal apothecry, just 'cause i can :)

but a vow is a vow, and i cannot begin painint until the 1st of January :)

EDIT: more thanks to Mal for the inspiring pictures - thanks mate, i may use one of those on the banner bearer :)

<<Damascus>>

i might have to edge away from colour, as it'll leave me dangerously close to the Red Scorpions :)

i definatly want 'Scorpion' in there, but something else...

possible names:

-Iron Scorpions (cheers Justin, i love that one :D )

-Onyx Scorpions

-Scorpions Blood

-Scorpions Sting

- " Vengeance?

etc?

keep the inspiration flowing guys :) its the only thing stopping me pick up a paintbrush :)

<<Damascus>>

done it with a previous chapter :D i fancied a newer look :P

i also took a wee bit of inspiration from the Dusk Raiders (Death Guard before they found Mortarion) and thought "see, thats cool"

i changed the colour a bit...viola :P

all the jokes are still welcome XD

Hey

Happy new year everyone -_-

"Our wrath shall be felt.We cannot allow the Heretics to destroy everything mankind stands for.Its time they felt the Sting,of The Blood Scorpions"

Yeah...i was bored <_<

Cool name,look forward to seeing your first few models of this new paint scheme.

From

The Red Dragon

I am glad you liked one of my name suggestions well enough to name them BLOOD SCORPIONS unless ofcourse others pm that suggestion to you too. May the Emperors foes feel the sting of the Blood Scorpions.

edit: Happy New Year

Hey

Did a bit of googeling this morning as i couldent sleep very well.Found a few scorpion based symbols you might like to look at.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/thumb/d/dc/CNCTW_Nod_Emblem.jpg/300px-CNCTW_Nod_Emblem.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/kettronix/scorpion.jpg

Also,i thought i recognized one of the pictures Mal posted so i did a bit of searching on google(i was already looking anyways) Its the symbol from a Fiat tuning company called Abarth,who use it on a shield.

04_02_A5A002_0_01.jpeg

From

The Red Dragon

happy new year indeed, having just recovered from the 'effects' of last night ;)

just a few more moldlines to sort out and ill have the first pictures up, then they're off to be undercoated ^_^

Red-Dragon thanks for the additional symbols bro - liking the Brotherhood of Nod symbol :D

<<Damascus>>

***WIP UPDATE***

or "this ones got pictures!"

thats right, i got off my lazy butt and bothered to make some pictures of my LPC entries - 1 Command squad and 1 Commander...lets get started!!

First off, i gotta apologise for the sheer size of these files, as i am extremely stupid ;)

Second, there may be a few piecies of blue-tac visible (i kept the parts seperate for painting ease)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/DSC_0270.jpg

Champion Mal alongsideVeteran Hiastos...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/DSC_0278.jpg

Banner-Bearer Krises with the Squads Marksmen Lazerus

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/Kais_montyr/DSC_0280.jpg

Lastly, Commander Vypus and Apothecary Julius

C&C very welcome indeed!

<<Damascus>>

Well well well, Brother D returns from the murky grave of anti-40kness :P Welcome back Brother D. Chapter looks like its shaping up nicely, scheme is very good indeed :lol: The models look good too, I do like your Champion a lot :)

Archived