[LPC] 5 Assault Terminators and 10 Chaos Marines

aNex88

Guess I'll be updating my progress on the LPC here. Those that frequent my Battle Company thread will be linked every once in a while to new stuff here. Verbal post for this first one, as I've left my models at work again and won't be getting my hands back on them until tomorrow...again...

++Assault Terminators++

Sprayed my white undercoat on them today/yesterday and slopped on a couple thin coats of Golden Yellow. However, to my dismay, I've gunked up one of them pretty badly by accident. Good thing is though that I have a spare box of Terminators so a replacement will be provided shortly.

++Tactical Marines++

I've decided to not count any of the marines that I've been working on towards this competition that I've started work on since before the New Year. Going to head to my local GW in the next day or so and purchase a new box of tactical marines.

++Edit++

Just remembered I still have a picture of my Terminators BEFORE they were sprayed.

gallery_24625_2787_262694.jpg

The chests Templar crosses have been filed off and the gaps have been greenstuffed. I'll be painting the arms separate. Also waiting on a set of Imperial Fist shoulder pads from Forge World which should come in a month or so.

Remembered to bring home my models from work today. Here's what I've got done so far for the LPC

++Assault Terminators++

gallery_24625_2787_651704.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_22700.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_520239.jpg

Started painting them at work today. Painting arms separate. I'll start on them once I get my forgeworld terminator pads in the mail.

Not too keen on how the left terminator and middle terminator seem to be in the same pose...I didn't notice that until now...good thing the arms aren't glued on. Problem will be rectified soon enough :(

++Tactical Squad++

Nothing on the tactical squad yet. Won't have a chance to head to my local GW until this coming Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll obtain them and finish prepping them before the end of the coming week.

the robed torso's just from the black templar upgrade sprue? how well do the power armour front torso's fit onto terminator armour, never thought of that, just assumed it wouldn't match up.

@ Shiodome

- Yes, the robed torso are just from the black templar sprues. They fit alright but you'll need greenstuff to fill in the gaps. I find that the robes work better because if u center it in the middle, the sides you can just greenstuff in the shape of more robes, rather than armour plates which I have trouble doing.

@ blood_raven_240

-hahaha I work in a videostore. I'm always working by myself so I can do whatever I want. :(

Small update on my assault terminators.

gallery_24625_2787_466917.jpg

I like how the robes turned out. Going to highlight it further by adding a bit of blood red into red gore, same as my Captain.

At this rate, I'll finish 1 terminator every 3-4 days.

Bought myself a battleforce yesterday. Got some brand new lovely tactical marines to work with. Here's the 10 I'm going to paint for the LPC and where they stand right now.

gallery_24625_2787_226281.jpg

gallery_24625_2787_714665.jpg

Missile launcher wasn't sprayed because I greenstuffed his armpit today at work and couldn't spray it right away. Another reason was that I ran out of spray...got to run to the store tomorrow and get some.

Also got to get some new brushes. I'll probably get the first rough coats of yellow slopped on tomorrow and throw on the inking.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, I've finally gotten around to updating my LPC. I've hit quite a snag recently. The 10 marines I've been painting up for the LPC have been "misplaced". With them no where to be found, I've changed my vow from 10 Loyalist marines to 10 Chaos marines from the Alpha Legion. Here's what I got so far.

gallery_24625_3123_119996.jpg

I'm at a loss right now for what/how the Icon of Chaos Glory should be modeled as. I don't think it's a good idea for them to be totting around a giant banner when they're supposed to be a sneaky bunch.

Here's a shot of where my Terminators are right now

gallery_24625_2787_477991.jpg

somewhat blurry shot but you get the gist of it. The arms are primed. I'm just going to leave them until I'm done the terminator bodies. Also still waiting on my Forge world pads...if they don't come before the LPC's due date, I'll have to substitute them for regular plastic ones for the mean time.

@blood_raven_240

-sadly, I have no close-up pictures of my missile launcher dude but it was a simple conversion. The left arm is a regular bolt pistol arm that I've pinned to the torso and gs'd the armpit to give him a wider shot-range. The metal bolt pistol bit was a random one I found in my bitz box. I believe it was from one of the older SM Veteran's, the MK1 set.

Some progress on my Alpha Legion marines.

AC still WIP. Rest of the marines are only undercoated.

gallery_24625_3123_584777.jpg

gallery_24625_3123_20441.jpg

gallery_24625_3123_494468.jpg

2 done, 8 to go. Still figuring out how to base right now. Thinking of a swampy base, which is why there are voids in the basing right now.

• 1 month later...
I started with a 50/50 basecoat of Regal blue and Chaos black. I followed that with a layer of regal blue on it's own. Now I start mixing in some snot green and paint on a gradual transition from blue to green. Finish with Snot and Scorpion mix. Wash it all with Asurmen blue.

Archived