[LPC] Wolf Lord and Retinue

Grimfoe

Here are the first pics of my Wolf Guard Retinue. I haven't started the Wolf Lord yet, but I am including a Wolf Guard Battle Leader in addition to the regular retinue. I'll add more pics once I have the Assault Cannons that I ebayed.

Comments are welcome.

gallery_33642_2040_1126581.jpg

WGBL:

gallery_33642_2040_742158.jpg

My assault cannons came in:

gallery_33642_3057_287376.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_233695.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_22163.jpg

Here are more detailed shots of the rest of the Retinue. These minis will comprise the challenge once I add a Wolf Lord.

gallery_33642_3057_252645.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_456509.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_477103.jpg

gallery_33642_3057_465249.jpg

I'll provide more updates once I have the Wolf Lord and I have completed some of the conversion clean up. Let me know what you think of the lead conversion I started on the assault cannon. I'm using a 20 year old mini that I was going to make into Kryl Grimblood back in the day. I think he'll make a good assault cannon termie once I've done a little more GS work.

thanks for the kind words.

@aekold: yeah I haven't gotten to removing mould lines or adding all the bits and putty yet. :) still lots to do.....

Once I get my bits from overseas, I'll post new pics.

Can't wait to start painting. I haven't painted anything in 10 years.

Ok. I saw a mini on the SW site that was built by "GRYTZ" and decided to enlist his help on the GS work for these minis. Here's what he came up with:

gallery_33642_3057_218163.jpg

I think he went a little overboard, but they will be the centerpiece in my army. Now if I can just get them back from Poland in time to paint them......

Oh well, I knew the risks when I sent them out. Hope it doesn't bite me in the tail.

Here is the Wolf Lord: Lord Jugger Grimfoe. He's based on an old dwarf character I played about 20 years ago in D & D.

gallery_33642_3057_103028.jpg

Again, maybe a little over the top, but I think he looks pretty good. I just need them back in time to complete the vow ^_^

Uhm... wow. I think this is the first time GS work has made my jaw hit the ground (no offense to anyone who has done similar work and maybe I just didn't see it). Over the top? Hell no. That is amazing artistic ability there.

WHEW. Tried my hand at painting again this week. Man! It appears you can forget how to paint. Working building a Crimson Fist army for my oldest son, Orks for my youngest and Chaos for my daughter. After 10 years of not picking up a brush, it's HARD. ;)

I'll have to keep at it while I wait for these terminators to come in. Really don't want to screw them up.

WOW. What you people started....... :P

While waiting for the minis to come in, I began painting other minis for my kids. As I said above, I haven't painted anything in over 10 years and I don't want to screw them up. My kids have been sitting to paint with me (not much help for the most part ^_^ )

My wife, seeing us painting together, has decided we should convert the Den to a "Hobby Room." As a result, I've spent the last few days, resurfacing walls and painting the room. Tomorrow I'm building a painting/gaming table that will include drawers, cabinets, etc. Very cool. A lot of work, but very cool.

So, thanks. Thanks for starting this challenge that has me painting and enjoying the hobby once again. MUCH more fun this time, because I get to share it with my kids.

Now if I can just get those minis back in time to paint them....

Archived