[LPC] Chaos Lord

Epic Thoughts

My finished minature for the Librarium Painting Challenge.

gallery_23026_2999_10107.jpg

gallery_23026_2999_33890.jpg

gallery_23026_2999_2327.jpg

Personal Thoughts;

Overall, I'm very happy with the level of work I managed to complete. I've been collecting and painting for about three years now, and I finally feel like I'm producing at a solid quality. I'm very fond of the subtle highlights I've done with the regal blue/enchanted blue combination, and also very happy with the gold trim. On the contrast, the method I used for the metallic parts is rather interesting. Like with the base piece, the twinlinked bolter, and the power axe, the metallic parts where treated with a basecoat of tin bitz, then dried brush with boltgun metal. Then I applied a watered down black ink, and finally highlighted with mithril silver.

Things I could have improved on was the basic pose; the minature is clumsy looking and feels too crowded. Next time I'll be more careful about who I assemble the model, and take more time in planning it out. Also, my lightning bolts need work, and I'll be researching other methods to see if I can improve on what I have here.

Thank you all for your kind words, your critiques, and your opinions. They were all appreciated.

Guest Gordofski

Hey don't take it to heart, the model looks great.

I myself am guilty of having a giant cat hair sticking out from a model that was REALLY obvious when I took a picture of it against a white background. That strand on yours really only stood out due to the black background.

Good work though, I like the subtle highlights the most.

Archived