[LPC] CF LRC and Veteran Sergeant

medusa_ritchie

This will be my update thread for my LPC models. I have pledged to paint up a Land Raider Crusader and Veteran Sergeant for my Crimson Fists or suffer the consequences. As this is the first post there isn't that much progress.

First the little guy.

gallery_29419_1900_2900.jpg

gallery_29419_1900_30022.jpg

And with some basecoat on.

gallery_29419_1900_35249.jpg

He was rescued from someone's bits box. He is one of the old captain models and had had his power fist sawed off and an old plastic arm glued in its place. The replacement arm was just a lump of goo though because of all the glue/ paint that was on it so i removed that and replaced it with one of the plastic arms that would have been around at the time the model was released and i think it fits quite well. The end of the bolter had also been sawed off for some reason. I have replaced that with the end of one of the older plastic bolters as well. Hopefully it won't be too noticable once its painted up. The only visible damage is on the models back and should hopefully be covered by the backpack once its in place.

Now for the big guy.

gallery_29419_1900_8749.jpg

gallery_29419_1900_4898.jpg

I'm glad GW have brought out an all plastic version because the metal bits on this were a pig to fit together! Again most of the bits that don't fit together so well should be covered up once everything is complete so no-one will know! :D Pretty standard LRC really. The second pic shows a shield from the dark angels sprue that i have added and there is a parchment added on the other side to note battle honours etc. Just need to add the smokes/ searchlight and its ready for priming.

Until next time.

Medusa

Thanks Ezeckial. I like the captain model too but i think it looks a bit too plain now to be used as a captain so he's demoted to veteran sergeant status. And it looks like you've found your way to the LPC :teehee: So no explanation needed there.

Medusa

Thanks Ezeckial. I like the captain model too but i think it looks a bit too plain now to be used as a captain so he's demoted to veteran sergeant status. And it looks like you've found your way to the LPC <_< So no explanation needed there.

Medusa

Yea, took me a while to work out what everyone was doing, once i found out i jumped straight onto the bandwagon,

1500 army.... no probs lol,

I loookin forward to seein the raider painted,

Shorts - My main gripe with the metal bits was assembling the hurricane bolters. The ammo feeds didn't line up with the bolters or the ammo hoppers so they were a bit of a pain to glue on. I had to use plasticard spacers to get them to connect with the hoppers. I managed to get the ammo feeds to line up with the outside bolter but they were still nowhere near lined up with the inside bolter, but that should be pretty much invisible once its complete. Apart from that it was a piece of cake! -_- Oh and i had to use some bits of green stuff to get the hoppers to attach to the frame mounting thing. And there are plenty of plates with gaps on them, its just that they are round the back. Lots of glue and elastic bands helped though, and a chaos dreadnought lying on top of it too <_<

Ezeckial - Yeah i saw your post just after mine. Good luck getting them all painted! And the raider is just about ready for priming now. Been doing some more painting on the sergeant so updates soon.

Medusa

Right bit more painting done on the veteran sergeant. Just the reds and highlighting on the armour to do now. Oh and find him a back pack too!.

gallery_29419_1900_23949.jpg

gallery_29419_1900_2700.jpg

And the land raider is primed now. Using grey primer so it looks pretty much like it did before <_<

Medusa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:P that is beautiful armour colouring, whats your process and pallet? i have that sergeant in my rogue trader collection, and i never thought to chop his arm off. With a regular arm he still looks really cool. well done!

:) Thanks for the comment cypher. As for the painting the base was some Prussian Blue acrylic paint from a hobby shop over a grey primer. I really like it as a base for CF after trying various other colours (Necron Abyss, Midnight Blue). Then GW Regal Blue painted around the edges. I wiped some of the paint off the brush so that the Regal Blue is almost a drybrush and makes the transition less harsh. Then edge highlight with Regal Blue and a final edge highlight of Enchanted Blue. Looking forward to getting it finished now so i can get my LPC sig :)

Medusa

Archived