[LPC] Angels of the Lion Combat Squad

Sandalphon

gallery_5435_3086_343830.jpg

Here's the start of my challenge, i've basecoated and washed the bodies of the grunts to a level where i can add the arms and have something photo worthy.

I've also found enough bits to make the sgt. I'm still debating between powerfist and power sword but i think he's looking pretty mean atm :D

I went old-skool for the shoulder mounted lascannon (which i still like) but added some extra 'laserness' with the dish.. (maybe its solar powered?) :D

It's great to see our famous chapter gracing the halls of the B&C once more ;)

Nice work Sandalphon, seems time hasn't phased you in the slightest! :D

Ahh yes, you know what they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" ... (or was that Absynth..? :P)

Feels really good to have started putting time aside again for our much beloved chapter :) in fact ive started pulling them off the shelves, dusting them off and figuring out just who to paint next muahahahaa... then i realised that's probably why it takes me so long to finish a single combat squad!

I'll try to have another WIP update by the weekend ;) this time i've decided to use shining gold instead of the golden yellow shoulder trims - controversial!!

Glad to see their name lives on!

and Barek, ty i thought it looked cooler and more 'lasery'

Molotov i think i'll stick to the PF since you like it ;)

If you guys start singing that Welcome Wing song again, I swear I'll freak out! :P

What a reunion time this appears to be allover the board. Now all we need is a return of Shadowguard and Brother Bish reopening Interrogation Chamber 42 and I actually might revisit the Rock to awaken my slumbering DA once more as well... ;)

If you guys start singing that Welcome Wing song again, I swear I'll freak out! :tu:

Hahaha! that took me back :P

Here's my next update:

gallery_5435_3086_81741.jpg

Basecoats done to the rest of the pieces and the sgt is up to date with the rest of the squad. Shining gold shoulder trims done and bases greenified... they are now bog standard tabletop at least. :)

The fun part is coming up hopefully on the weekend...assuming it rains ;) Highlighting, details and the good old free-hand chapter emblems *shudder* that'll be a test for my rustiness!!

Nice work :P

Despite your attempt at being controversial :D, I think the traditional yellow for the trims looks better than the gold. The gold is still nice, but it misses that happy, vibrant feel (which is weird, after all marines aren't exactly known for being friendly on the battlefield).

Nonetheless, nicely done! ;)

Despite your attempt at being controversial :lol:, I think the traditional yellow for the trims looks better than the gold. The gold is still nice, but it misses that happy, vibrant feel (which is weird, after all marines aren't exactly known for being friendly on the battlefield).

"In the happy, vibrance of the future.. there is only fun" :P

TY for the kind words :) I was kinda going for a darker/ grittier look with these guys, i'm planning to hit them up with some weathering and battle damage hopefully as well. I have so many 'shiny' marines on my shelf i thought i'd try something different :)... wierd that i thought 'shining gold' would be less shiny lol...

• 3 weeks later...

OK it's been a while since i updated (and a while since i painted anything, power armour can be tricky!)

Here's the third update towards my LPC vow. Ive highlighted all the power armour, done the eyes, purity seals and bolter casings.

The main things still missing are the Sgt's banner, inking the armour, adding insignia (like the freehand chapter badge *shudder*) and lenses to the bolters.. oh and the bases could use some love too.

Full view recommended, enjoy!

gallery_5435_3086_283058.jpg

I really like the paintjob you did on these guys. Love the highlighting on the green.

One thing though, the bases. They seem a bit...simple. Other than that, top notch.

TY for the positive feedback, the bases are on the hitlist for sure. I'll try to make sure the next (and hopefully) update isn't so dark.

The green has about 4 levels of highlighting on it that should (since they have previously) look better once i ink them up.

@Angelus I'm glad you like the gold bro! i was almost tempted to repaint the whole army with gold trims lol.. but that could be a LONG way off... and then there's all the yellow bits on vehicles.. i think copious amounts of gold plating might be a tad ostentatious ^_^

Archived