[LPC] Two Vows is One

Ferrus Manus

So me and Darth Potato have decided to hold a joint thread for our LPC WIPs. Save a little space in the WIP forum. So without further ado:

My vow:

Honour Guard, Captain, Drop Pod for February.

Then

The above (if I fail) plus a Corbulo count-as and 3 Tactical Squads by September.

My Captain, Halyo. I have no idea what pose I want him in. I considered having his blade pointing down in his right arm and his Combi-weapon firing at something. Suggestions?

gallery_21935_2955_165202.jpg

Next is the Drop Pod PIP:

gallery_21935_2955_44300.jpg

gallery_21935_2955_83.jpg

C&C welcome.

Now we just have to wait for Darth to post. :lol:

I like the idea of the (termie?) bits down from his waste.

My Captain, Halyo. I have no idea what pose I want him in. I considered having his blade pointing down in his right arm and his Combi-weapon firing at something. Suggestions?

IMHO captains have gotta look like they're ready to assault something. Its totally up to you though.

Halyo's left arm pointed out in a challenge, with his right arm holding a sword in a ready position! The first thing I thought when I saw Halyo was "Emperor's Champion!". Its a great model and I love those legs.

You could always Blu-Tack some different arms on, then post pictures and get people to vote?

Possibly, I'll consider it. But I think I'm set on the firing pose.

Awesome Captain, Ferrus. It looks like your sculpting skills have improved, and I like the helmet very much. I should have WIP pictures of my vow up sometime over the weekend.

Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

I like the idea of the (termie?) bits down from his waste.

Yeh, they're Terminator groin guards with the detail scraped off. I'm not the first to do it, it's been done a few times I think.

Very god conversion-ing so far on your Captain. When I first saw his Iron Halo however I thought he had the CSM spikey head, but thats just me. Besides that great work!

^_^ I like the Halo, I think it adds to the idea of Artificer Armour, even though he can't take it. But fluff-wise it works. :lol:

Halyo's left arm pointed out in a challenge, with his right arm holding a sword in a ready position! The first thing I thought when I saw Halyo was "Emperor's Champion!". Its a great model and I love those legs.

As I said above I'm still considering other poses but I'm beginning to lean toward the firing pose. I'll post up some ideas soon.

Update!

My Sanguinary High Priest. Very bad pic, I'll get a better one asap. He's supposed to be walking whilst gulping blood from the chalice.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/Ferrus_Manus/DSCF0059-1.jpg

And a written update on the Capt. He has been given the firing pose. He is armed with a Combi-Melta and a power sword. I will post a pic of him up as soon as I have finished sculpting the fingers.

Sorry for the double post but...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/Ferrus_Manus/DSCF0057-2-1-1.jpg

A bad image, but I'd like your opinions on the pose rather than the details, so it should be fine.

And to prove i've started my Honour Guard:

gallery_21935_2955_8792.jpg

Haha. Don't worry guys. I know how bad the images are, to be honest. I was surprised I managed to get as good an image as I got for my OP. But I will endeavour to sort out the situation. :P

Sorry, FM, but those are perhaps the worst quality pictures I've ever seen here at the B and C.

A record is still a record ;)

I'd like to see what the Captain looks like with his right arm holding the combi-melta pointed down looks like. The pose is weak as it stands now and I think if you went for a more calm, serene stance it would fit the Blood Angel better.

Secondly you really (and I mean really) need to consider changing his name. Everytime I read Halyo, my mind sees it as Haylo as in Halo. On top of that, the iron halo is one of the center pieces of the model and draws your attention. I think part of that is what helps make the halo connection but I digress.

PS: Don't think you got the memo but it's actually 'Light Ferrus Up' Day. <_<

Archived