[LPC] Partly my LPC entry, partly some random stuff I have.

Well, originally I was going to paint Azrael for the LPC, however, no matter what I did I could not work up the motivation to paint him (I will, in time, but not now), so I changed my vow to my shiny new bloodthirster.

I'm a "paint then glue" kinda guy, which unfortunately doesn't lend itself well to blogs, but here's a pic of what the bloodthirster looks like so far.med_gallery_32798_2813_186501.jpg

I'll try and get a better one up later. As you can see, very WIP, in fact I haven't even started on one of the wings yet. By the Emperor those wings take forever though, let me tell you, I've done the basecoat of one side of one wing so far...... Anyway, tell me what you think from what you can see :)

Also, on a side note, I have this little guy, he's my new inquisitor.

med_gallery_32798_2813_25703.jpg

In actual fact the blue is a lot darker, and the camera seems to have highlighted the model for me :HQ: Not that I'm complaining. Again, the model is very much WIP. I also find it rather amusing that the camera seems to have painted the sword for me as well, that's still just black in real life.........I think I need a better camera.

I'll keep updating with any random models I feel like showing you, but for now the bloodthirster is the focus.

Personaly iv always been more of a glue then paint, unles something is ridiculous 2 glue togther thn paint due to the fact that brush handles r made of wood and not rubber ;)

Altho iv been out of the fray for about 3 and a bit years, getting back in2 it all now tho >;)

I supose that after leading a 40k section at a club it wont b so hard 2 pick it all up again ^__^ ;)

I think my camera is broke so im stuck with my phone camera : / grainy as hell so im not even gna bother posting any pix myself just yet, as the ones of my comp on fagbook dont do it justice!

ur thirster looks sweet, keep it up, just out of curiosity u use any clip'sorta equipment 2 hold the pieces as u paint them?

iv gt my thirster in my hands at the moment (har har)...no the model u fools.....

hes been packed away 4 2 long, he looks sad :(

on a sidenote, when i make my way back in2 the fray, my ideal army would b a 2k infantry based khôrne/nurgle mix!

also some demon hunters, just 4 u mark :P

Update! Well, on the bloodthirster front I've actually started gluing, but boy is he hard to keep together, his arm's fallen off already.... Anyway, pics of that later.

As for the inquisitor, well he's almost done, pics below.

med_gallery_32798_2813_3065.jpg

Unfortunately, my camera is still a bit rubbish, and he doesn't look a lot different than he did.

Oh, and Riv4l, packing away your 'thirster is mean :lol: he should be free to shed blood for the Blood God! On a side note, how did ya store the wings?

Yeah i had troubles glueing together my thirster, extra greenstuff didnt really help, his whip is detatching at its own will. Goddamnit!

i packaged him in a small toolbox with my rhino, along with foamy stuff and a tiny amount of scenery.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice.

I remember the troubles of assembling my thirster and then getting around to painting the damn thing :) was hard enough as it is to keep his wings and arms on the body! Green-stuff and industrial glue to the rescue!

You gotta love that marine in the rear left of the picture though, looks like the thirster took out some rage on his poor soul ^_^

What design were you thinkin of goin with to do with basing him?

@Lord_Bunny: This guy took me two months as it is (yeah I know it doesn't look like it ^_^), so I'll probably just leave him as he is for a good long while.

@Riv4l: See above. I'll just leave him like that on his base, he stands up so it's good enough for me. For now at least.

I may have more models soon, I'm working on a bloodcrusher and some bloodletters right now. Pics will come if I can be bothered :)

Archived