Alas, the Siege of Terra.

Skirax

I was thinking the other day, surely the BL wont let the HH series rest after the siege of Terra, There is the Iron Cage, the klilling of Alpharius/Omegon, the disapearance of 4 Primarchs, the founding of the Grey Knights etc. that all happened before the 33rd mellenium ended, plus it is a HUUUUUGE selling point for GHW and BL, so I don't think they will let it lie there. Any thought on what might happen, and if there are any books suggested, Names for them? :)

I reckon the series will end with the introduction of the Codex Astartes and the founding of the Imperium as we know it. There might be a few books beyond that, one for each of the Primarchs, to explain what happens to them (assuming we don't know already, so Ferrus Manus, Sanguinius, Horus etc. are out).

son of nocturne Posted Today, 01:02 PM

I have to wait 15 years to get all the books!?! LAME!!! :P Where did you find that out if you dont mind me asking Chapter Master Kanithon? Good bit of info there!

hang on... 42 @ £6.99 each... ooh dear... :D

Do you think you could afford all 42 at once? What are the chances of your local GW/bookshop stocking all the ones you need at the same time? :P

Im not sure that my local GW has the shelf space!!! Hopefully will get each one as they come out, once ive started a series, im in, so if i have to get all 42 then i have to get all 42... :P :cry:

S.O.N.

++not going to do the maths for the cost of the books, i may cry...++

Where did you find that out if you dont mind me asking Chapter Master Kanithon? Good bit of info there!

Well.... My mum works with people who also work with GW in HeadOffice in Nottingham.

That's how I got my tour of Warhammer world, I've seen all the forges and behind the scenes too. Although I'm sworn to silence on that one but you can find out from other B+C members =]

Does that solve it? <_<

Did you also know that they give White Dwarfs away at Warhammer world every month? I think that's amazing :)

Kanithon

Castus Xanthis Posted Today, 04:43 PM

They will end the Horus Heresy series at the siege of terra

:( You know this as fact? Where did you find out?

I don't know it for a fact, it just makes sense. The Horus Heresy era did end by the fluff at the Siege, why not end the books there too? The next age is called the scouring, which is what I believe the next series will be.

I want to see the battle of the Iron Cage. Go Imperial Fists! Whoo! Though I would like to see a story on the World Eaters Legion on something like, when they retreat to the Eye!

All the Legions will get at least one book - EC, Luna Wolves, Alpha Legion, DA and Death Guard have had theirs.

We've also had one on the Mechanicus. Coming next, a Short story compliation, a second DA book to follow the first and then a pair of books on Prospero.

My odds on after that would be maybe a shortish story trilogy in one book on the Sallies, Raven Guard and Iron Hands. As they played no part in the heresy following the Drop Site Massacre, they could be condensed down.

An Iron Warriors book could focus on the Crusade up until Tallarn (massed Tank warfare between Guard and IW on a planet they nuke.)

Blood Angels seem likely as do Fists and NL's, as all have had some significant references. (Well, NL's got a short story, Fists the same, plus quite a bit of cameo and Blood Angels are a must given the role they play and the aftermath.)

That leaves me with Word Bearers and Ultramarines - Calth? Properly this time, maybe?

I would expect the Siege itself to be a single book, with maybe a prior book focusing on some of the more minor battles from Istvaan to Earth, ending with Traitor Drop Pods falling to the surface of Terra, blotting out the light of the sun under a rain a blacked and corrupted pods.

The battle of the Solar System is over... the war for Terra is begun.

I'm sure there's going to be a book about the blood angels.

There's that whole deal with them at Sangus or whatever that khorne ridden planet was called. That bit is quite important for the Blood Angels, it explains a lot about them.

The other reason is because they were one of the Legions at the Siege of Terra.

All things after the siege of terra...I have no idea. I hope they make some kind of books about them, dunno -shrugs-

Kanithon

The Signis Cluster, I believe.

Correct.

That's why you're a Grand Master and I'm just a servant. =]

Do ONE story about the Raven Guard? Even a short one in another mini-story book.

Mention Corax once?

Like what's been said Corax will be get mentioned about his part in Istvaan V

But I'm sure the Raven Guard will get some book about their expedition.

Also, there's that whole thing about Corax using Cloning to make his Legion back and them all being mutates and how these mutants were pushed into battle and then how Corax didn't like that so gave them all The Emperors peace. And thennnnnnnn did that whole Nevermore thing.

I love the Raven Guard =]

Kanithon

After the Istvaan V Massacre Corax attempted to rebuild his chapter using ancient cloning engines, or something like that.

Either way it was inherently unstable and turned them inot monsters, nearly destroying the Legion (again.) Afterwards Corax ordered them destroyed and then left, saying "Nevermore" - a line from Edgar Allen Poes Poem, The Raven.

Archived