Call of Chaos/Imperium Mk III

With the LPC now at its end, I'm sure some of you are now wondering about the Calls (since there were several clues given that they would start after the LPC).

I am still hoping to get these started soon (well I would like to see the Imperial one started soon, the Chaos one i will be in discussions with Brother Nihm about) so hang in tight guys as we do want to get this started for you soon.

For those that didn't see some of the notes about them previously, we are hoping for a slight change to the layout for Mk III (after having seen the past two, there are things both Nihm and I felt needed some tweaking).

So to those wanting something to motivate them much like the LPC did, fear not as it is around the corner (and i'm sure those who didn't complete their vows have some painting penitence to make up for).

News will roll out as it becomes available :D

Seems I'll be joining the Call of the Imperium, to make up for my poor show of the LPC. I may even join the Chaos one too if it comes to pass, you know for further penance :P

Seems I'll be joining the Call of the Imperium, to make up for my poor show of the LPC. I may even join the Chaos one too if it comes to pass, you know for further penance ;)

That gives me an idea. I might have to discuss a few things with Sigismund before he hands out the Sigs of shame etc :)

• 5 weeks later...

+++ The drums of war sound once more +++

+++ The Immaterium stirs violently, the forces of Chaos erupting from the Eye, returning to the space that banished them some millenia ago +++

+++ Fleets of the Imperium's finest assemble between Holy Terra and the Eye, eager to march into war against those that turned their heads +++

+++ The Four fell powers cry out in defiance, their roars and screeches rippling throughout the warp, each wave flowing through time and space +++

+++ On the Golden Throne itself, the God of Mankind sends out bursts of psychic energy, the beacon of the Emperor's light burning bright +++

+++ Will you answer the Call? +++

What minis qualify to be included in the pledge? Do they have to be non-existant (not yet assembled) or can they be assembled but not painted?

Either/or are fine, although if something is a mere literal two strokes away from being finished, you may want to give it a miss.

Plus we'll assume folks will gauge what they have accordingly, so if they have some undercoated minis, they may wish to add some more stuff to paint.

sorry if this is stupid, but could you guys remind me how it works, do we run our own WIP thread, and then post the finished work in the Call of (BLANK)?

There will be a main project thread for each side (Chaos/Imperium) that you'll post directly into.

Sometimes I think I hear scratching sounds coming from my boxes of unfinished Chaos Daemon models. I dismissed such whimsy due to a seasonal imbalance of my viscous humors. A rare aphasia surely brought about by my over obsessive tendencies. But knowing what Call of Chaos may be blowing on fell winds I know other forces are at busy at their trade.

In the darkest corner of the shelving stacked in the corner of my barren basement, a pity less eye slips open as if beckoned from deep slumber. Its seething voice slips through dry and ancient lips.

You will heed

CoC - OMG

Good time for me to put in the order to round out my loyalist army. And buy the paints I'll need (I only have two blues and they don't work together). And get those extra bits....

Edit: Oooo... and I need some greys and maybe I'll get a proper set of reds. And decide on a chapter.

I'm placing orders tonight (I hope). My GW order is just over $100, I trimmed it down a bit but I still might swap a few things before I finalize it. I have no idea what my Warstore bill for paints and bits is going to look like... I can get a little crazy.

Before I can finalize my orders I need to decide on a chapter. I'm definately doing a Badab War participant and the leading candidates are:

Lamenters Pros: Great back story, Cursed Founding, checker patterns, YELLOW! Cons: YELLOW!

Executioners Pros: Only survivor of the great camo marine purge, blues and greys are very cool colours, rare army. Cons: No background information, I don't like chapter symbol.

Mantis Warriors Pros: Great chapter symbol, throwback Tranquility squad camo pattern is fantastic. Cons: Not as rare as Executioners, not as yellow as Lamenters.

Fire Hawks Pros: Great back story, yellow, flames, and the greatest chapter symbol ever. Cons: Pressure of doing one of the greatest chapters ever might crush me.

Raptors (in blue and yellow, of course), Minotaurs (yellow and red stripes? sign me up!), Space Sharks (pure awesomeness) are all a possibility as well, but I think my leading candidates have too much of an edge.

Anyone have an opinion and want to help me decide?

Archived