Night Lords Dreadnought

I've finally decided to give this guy a go, he's another one of those evil models that have been staring at me from the shelf for years now.

When deciding on how to magnetize him the first issue I came across was the existing resin "pins", the ones that go into the holes in the shoulder pieces.

There was absolutely no way I could make the magnets fit, unless I cut them off. So off they came.

Here's how I'm going about magnetizing a FW dread:

(As for magnet type, they are of the type: 3x1mm)

gallery_11038_549_111764.jpg

gallery_11038_549_37091.jpg

You may notice the gaps, I blame that solely on poor drill control and they will be attempted filled with GS and/or glue tomorrow.

I will also be putting a magnet into the second shoulder.

More to come

When i magnetized my Thousand Sons dread i just attached the magnets to the end of the resin arm "pins" and then drilled into the weapon arm a bit so it would fit on. That way it had the pin to hold the arm up and the magnet to hold it on, rather than the magnet having to do all the work.

When i magnetized my Thousand Sons dread i just attached the magnets to the end of the resin arm "pins" and then drilled into the weapon arm a bit so it would fit on. That way it had the pin to hold the arm up and the magnet to hold it on, rather than the magnet having to do all the work.
Duly noted, however due to the size of the magnets I went with that isn't something that I can do, this time around. I'm just worried that the glue will hold the actual magnets, they are quite strong. :whistling:

Here is the torso with magnets in both shoulders,

gallery_11038_549_81377.jpg

i have had trouble with those larger magnets not holding as you suggested brother nihm. i ended up using a two-part epoxy (araldite) to hold them in place. just do it away from people because that stuff stinks - kinda like rotten fish :whistling:

i have had trouble with those larger magnets not holding as you suggested brother nihm. i ended up using a two-part epoxy (araldite) to hold them in place. just do it away from people because that stuff stinks - kinda like rotten fish :(
Oh yes, I've used Araldite before, nasty stuff that. :rolleyes:

If they come loose I will probably hazard a go at using Araldite. ;)

I have a small update as well, got some time today to start on the base.

gallery_11038_549_128467.jpg

• 1 month later...

It just occurred to me that I've completely forgotten to update this topic, I've been busy managing Call of Chaos 3 as well as being lazy on a sun bed in Greece. :)

I also need to take new pictures as I've come a bit further than the following shot.

However this is the newest one that I have, at this time:

gallery_11038_549_75075.jpg

I've been busy managing Call of Chaos 3 as well as being lazy on a sun bed in Greece. :wink:

Having a big fat Greek holiday eh? :wallbash:

As always, I can't wait to see all those lightning strikes playing across the dreadnought's armour Nihm-style.

• 1 month later...

Archived