The Lion's betrayel

Spacefrisian

Just as the titel says but this time with Lion L Johnson as the great man. (its more of a summary though)

Horus is appointed war master however he than takes a different route. Instead of him Lion L Johnson takes the route towards Istvaan.

Lorgar is critized by the Emperor and withdraws to his Chambers, he is the first to fall to Chaos. Similar path unfolds but the Lion is corupted instead of Horus.

Pertubo is called back to earth he and his Iron Warriors are to improve the defences on Terra. Dorn, Corrax and Angron join the Lions fleet.

Roboute does battle with the Lear afterwards he takes the Sword which Fulgrim original would take.

The Lion has now made his plans for the takeover the Legions with them make the plan to erradicate all who are loyal to the Emperor. They almost succeed but Cypher and Sigismund are able to escape certain death. They wander the universe and eventually encounter Pertubo. Pertubo sends the 2 to Terra and assemble some legions to confront the traitors.

Magnus takes the long route to tell the Emperor of this

The first wave include:

Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, Spacewolves

They are to be reinforced later on by the Nightlords, Salamanders and the White Scars who will double cross them.

In this Slaughter Leman Russ and Omegon Barely escape death Its not sure if Alpharius escaped, the remains of these legions are later taken in by Fulgrim and will make their way to Terra. (along the road they liberate a planet a 2 tanks are named in their honour Leman Alpharius and Leman Omegon)

Pertubo is Killed by Roboute who later reveals himself as a Slaanesh Deamon Prince.

The Lion Decides to strike at the heart of the empire and travels to terra. the combined forces:

Dark Angels, Raven Guard, Imperial Fists (nurgle), Ultramarines (Slaanesh), World Eaters (Khorn), Salamanders (Tzeentch) Land on Terra. The Night Lords, White Scars and Word Bearers Travel to Horus his fleet in order to hold him up.

Mars and several Forge world are defended by small units of Iron Hands.

Terra is defended by the Blood Angels, Deathguard and the Thousand sons and the Custodes. Even though heavily outnumbered they manage to hold them at bay. frustrated and knowing that 2 large forces could come in and spoil his plans Lion puts down his shield. the Emperor teleports on board.

They are scattered around the ship. And similar events happen the Primarch of the Blood Angels is slain. The Emperor does battle with the Lion and in defeating him he is mortally wounded. The attacking forces leaderless flee from Terra towards the eye of terror.

In the aftermath Horus writes the codes Astartes. Sigismund and Cypher form the first of the Black Knigts (similar to the Grey Knights).

Having seen the Horrors of the warp and what might happen if he was to continue this path of Sorcery Magnus writes/ develops the Codex Librarus. It contains strict teaching in what and how a Psyker should be trained. (not sure if this should be here though its a concept)

World Eaters > Khorn (same as original)

Salamanders > Tzeentch > I though Tzeentch Changes and flames do that as well, seemed a match to me.

Ultramarines > Slaanesh > Roboute picks up Sword with Slaanesh entity and i thought they had this ego thing which might make them fall to Slaanesh.

Imperial Fists > Nurgle > They fitted there perfectly so i just put that up (doesn't make much sense when i read it now that needs some work)

Archived