New GK Army Lists

Aidoneus

This thread is a place to post lists you have made with the new rules for Daemonhunters developed in the thread Fixing Daemonhunters. I want to see your absolute best lists, be they exploitive or well-rounded. I also want to encourage discussion of these lists, or general strategies one might use successfully with our new rules.

Please only post one list per post, but feel free to post as often as you like (within reason, I suppose). I'll use this first post as a table of contents of all the lists mentioned, so people can easily find their way around.

Edit: If you don't mind, it might be nice to keep everything in a consistent format, just to make it easier to read everything. I suppose it doesn't have to be exactly like this, but try to keep it close. To make it easy, here's a template you can use. You can also take a look at my first post (below) as an example.

[b][u]Points - Title[/b][/u]

:HQ:
[b]Unit Name (points):[/b] Wargear

:Elite:

:Troops:

:FA:

:HS:

[b][i]Total:[/b] Points, Models, Points/Model, Scoring Units, Kill Points[/i]

Brief Description of list and strategy.

Here's my first entry. If you can, try to use this general format as a template (feel free to copy this exactly and just replace my units with your own, if that makes it easier). This should give us a bit of consistency. Also, give a brief description of your list and how it works at the bottom.

1500pt - Shrouding Abuse

Brother Captain (240): Psycannon

3 GKTs: Psycannon, 1x TH/SS

Vindicare (115):

:huh:

6 PAGKs (205): 2 Psycannons

6 PAGKs (205): 2 Psycannons

8 PAGKs (225):

Dreadnought (170): Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Shrouding

Total: 1500pts, 28 models, 53.571pts/model, 3 Scoring, 9 KPs

The list basically is trying to exploit our new and improved Shrouding. The GKTs, Vindicare, the two psycannon PAGK units, and the dreads will all stay at maximum range, trying to simply minimize how much incoming fire they are subjected to. The 8-man squad is the oddball, but I felt I needed one unit capable of advancing and/or dealing with combat. They'll stick to a flank as much as possible, and might deep-strike late in the game if I think that will be helpful (I can teleport the GKTs first turn to let that PAGK stay in regular reserves). Offensively, I'm hoping the psycannons and storm bolters can take out infantry, and the dreads can deal with vehicles, with the vindicare as my wild card.

Here is an updated version of Silent Requiem's list, with Redeemers in place of the God Hammers:

HQ (90pts)

Brother Captain w/ Nemesis, Psycannon

Troop (180pts x2)

Justicar w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter

1x Knight w/ Incinerator

4x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter

Heavy (275pts x2)

LR Redeemer w/ Firestorm sponsons (inv upgrade), TL-AC, Multi-Melta, Extra Armour, Smoke, Light

1000pts, 5 Kill points, 2 Scoring units, etc.

SJ

2000pts - Deep Strike Abuse

Brother Captain (250): Psycannon, Teleport Homer

3 GKTs: Psycannon, 1x TH/SS

:P

8 PAGKs (265): 2 Psycannons, Justicar (tele homer)

8 PAGKs (285): 2 Psycannons, Justicar (tele homer, scourging)

8 PAGKs (245): 2 Incinerators, Justicar (digi weapons)

8 PAGKs (245): 2 Incinerators, Justicar (digi weapons)

7 Purgators (245): Heroic Intervention, Justicar (digi weapons, holocaust)

Dread (155): Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

Total: 2000pts, 49 models, 40.816 pts/model, 4 Scoring Units, 13 KPs

The title really says it all; this list is designed to abused our new Deep Striking rules as much as possible. First wave is everything with psycannons and teleport homers, followed by incinerators, purgators, and dreadnoughts. Basically, I pick a flank, rip open anything that looks scary. He has to come towards me, to assault and/or deal with shrouding. Then, I bring incinerators and purgators in accurately with my homers and let rip! Meanwhile, dreadnoughts can either support my flank or, more likely, surround the enemy, trapping vehicles and hopefully getting some nice shots in with those multi-meltas.

Here is an updated version of Silent Requiem's list, with Redeemers in place of the God Hammers:

I feel like the Redeemers make this considerably more aggressive that Silent's list. That could be good or bad, but I feel like he would probably stick to his godhammers. Points saved could add another PAGK to each of his two squads, which could come in very handy.

2500pt ‘Ard Boyz ‘Raider Spam:

HQ (60pts)

Brother Captain w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter

HQ (346pts)

Inquisitor Lord w/ Bolter, Psychic Hood + Retinue: 2x Mystics, 1x Acolyte

Land Raider w/ TL-Lascannon sponsons, TL-Heavy Bolters, Smoke, Light, Multi-Melta

Elite (293pts, x3)

Inquisitor w/ Bolter + Retinue: 2x Mystics

Land Raider w/ TL-Lascannon sponsons, TL-Heavy Bolters, Smoke, Light, Multi-Melta

Troop (155pts, x3)

1x Knight w/ Incinerator

3x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter

Heavy (250pts, x3)

LR Redeemer w/ Firestorm sponsons, TL-AC, Smoke, Light, Multi-Melta

2500pts, 14 Kill points, 7 Land Raiders, 2 Scoring units, etc.

SJ

Nevermind. ;)

Aw, c'mon! I was so excited to see someone besides me and Jeffersonian posting here!

By the way, speaking of Jeffersonian, in that last list you posted, your Land Raiders should not be able to take multi-meltas. We could give them that upgrade option, but we haven't yet. It's something that you could certainly bring up in Fixing Daemonhunters though. ;)

I was under the impression that the we were using the C:SM entry as our own, including all of their upgrade in addition to the few of our own. I missed reading that MM's weren't on the board yet.

Here's a 500pt entry, to take advantage of those niffty DS'ing rules we have:

HQ (95pts)

Brother-Captain w/ Nemesis, Psycannon, Hammer Hand

Troop (200pts)

6x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolters

Troop (205pts)

2x Knights w/ Psycannons

3x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolters

1 DS'ing sniper, 1 DS'ing fire base, and 1 DS'ing "Stand-and-Hold!"

SJ

1000 pts -- Water Intro

HQ:

Brother Captain w/ Psycannon - 91

Troops:

Justicar

5 PAGK w/ 1 Incinerator

Justicar

5 PAGK w/ 1 Incinerator

Heavy Support:

Land Raider w/ Armor + Smoke + Psycannon Bolts - 268

Land Raider w/ Armor + Smoke + Psycannon Bolts - 268

=

I like having psycannon rounds on the heavy bolters, because if I've got a stationary LR, waiting outside of enemy range -- for whatever reason -- That's 2 sets of twin-linked lascannons, and a volley of heavy bolter shots which negate invincible saves, or w/e.

Pretty much, point both LR's at a squad of WHATEVER, and you've got a great shot at wiping them out. Plus, 4 twin-linked lascannons will make short work of any enemy armor.

I'm on the fence about the HQ. I might ditch the psycannon, and toss a storm bolter on him, instead. But I'm not sure how I would spend the points. Also -- Him DS'ing near enemy anti-tank troops and getting a free shot would be pretty cool. Thoughts?

heres mine, slightly more of a combined sisters & grey knights force though

off the top of my head currently so ill edit in the points values when i find the book with my army lists in (hence the, To Be Checkeds in there for now)

3000+ - sanctus mons strike force

Grand master zeks (tbc):

Wargear, psyacnnon, icon of the just and a thunder hammer

retinue, 7 grey knight terminators + psycannon and a thunder hammer and storm shield

transport, heavy support land raider crusader

toquemada coteaz (tbc):

retinue (tbc)

transport valkrie

priest cornellium (tbc):

(allied from sisters of battle usually rides with coteaz, toting a plasma gun)

8 Grey knight terminators (tbc):

Wargear, incinerator and another th-ss

6 arco flagellants (tbc):

eversor (tbc):

:Troops:

10 grey knights (tbc):

wargear, 2 psycannons and the justicar has a refractor field

10 grey knights (tbc):

wargear, 2 psycannons and the justicar has a refractor field

10 =I= storm troopers (tbc):

wargear, 2 melta guns and a p' sword

transport, chimera with multi laser and heavy flamer

10 =I= storm troopers (tbc):

wargear, 2 melta guns and a p' sword

transport, chimera with multi laser and heavy flamer

20 sisters of battle (tbc):

wargear, melta gun, heavy flamer, imagifier and a p' sword

20 sisters of battle (tbc):

wargear, melta gun, heavy flamer, imagifier and a p' sword

:FA:

10 grey knights (tbc):

wargear, 2 incinerators

10 grey knights (tbc):

wargear, 2 incinerators

10 seraphim (tbc):

wargear, 2 inferno pistols

Land raider crusader (tbc):

upgrades, (tbc)

dreadnaught (tbc)

upgrades, psycannon

dreadnaught (tbc)

upgrades, twin linked las-cannon, incinerator and i think an h' k' missile

brief history

started with a box of serpahim (just to paint :lol: ) and just liked the models for the grey knights and the style of play so much it kind of grew

in game terms its been fielded twice in its entirety with a win (tau) and an honourable draw (due to lack of time dang it) against a warp corrupted IG army

tactics

1, refused flank if workable

2, point them at the enemy and shout "daemon" or "heretic" where applicable and stand back

3, try to have a good game on both sides of the table

4, reads the post above, dang it never mind will dig out the list, read the other thread and convert as much as i can then repost it

for now what do you think of the lists composition itself

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to work out a good assault list with the new rules. Maybe I'm having problems because my own playstyle is so different from that. But see if this list is any good, and maybe let me know how you would improve it.

2000pts - Assault

:D

Grand Master (190): Digital Weapons, Teleport Homer, Null zone

-5 GK Terminators (240): Incinerator, 2x TH/SS

;)

10 Grey Knights (305): 2 Incinerators, Justicar (Digital Weapons, Teleport Homer)

8 Grey Knights (265): 2 Psycannons, Justicar (Teleport Homer)

;)

6 Purgators (200): Heroic Intervention, Justicar (Digital Weapons)

6 Purgators (200): Heroic Intervention, Justicar (Digital Weapons)

:tu:

Land Raider Crusader (250):

Land Raider Crusader (250):

Total: 2000pts, 46 models, 43.478 pts/model, 2 Scoring Units, 9 Kill Points

GM and co. go in one Crusader, large PAGK squad in the other, everything else in reserves. The second PAGK squad comes down first turn, on an objective where they can shoot from hopefully. Purgators then come in from reserves probably turn 2-3, when the main battle squads are right up close to, or already engaged with, the enemy. Between those four squads, they should be able to tackle most threats. IST walk on from reserves, and try to hold a backfield objective without dying. Meltaguns are there to fend off vehicles coming to contest.

Of course, being a GK list, it won't have the all-out assault potential to deal with lists like World Eaters or Orks. For those times, I deploy the psycannon squad and do the normal shooting/kiting thing that GKs do so very well. Depending on the enemy, purgators might actually deploy normally and use their storm bolters, or they might deep-strike behind enemy lines to attack long-range dakka support (like Lootas, for example).

Here’s a composition score based list for the 1750pt tournament using the fixed rules (let me know what you think):

HQ (85pts)

Brother-Captain w/ Nemesis, Psycannon

Elite (285pts)

Brother-Captain w/ Nemesis, Psycannon

1x Terminator w/ Nemesis, Psycannon

3x Terminators w/ Thunderhammer, Storm Shield

Troop (245pts)

Justicar w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter, Teleport Homer

2x Knights w/ Incinerators

4x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolters

Troop (245pts)

Justicar w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter, Teleport Homer

2x Knights w/ Incinerators

4x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolters

Troop (180pts)

2x Knights w/ Psycannons

3x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolters

Fast (180pts)

Justicar w/ Nemesis, Stormbolter, Gate of Infinity, melta bombs

5x Knights w/ Nemesis, Stormbolters

Heavy (265pts)

GK Land Raider w/ Extra Armour

Heavy (265pts)

GK Land Raider w/ Extra Armour

Total: 1750pts, 34 models, 8 kill points, $392.00 US (retail), the look on everyone’s face when I show up with only 2 Land Raiders (priceless).

This list follows the build requirements for a maximum score: 1 unit taken per FoC slot, 1 more Troop taken than in any other FoC slot, no minimum sized units, no named/special characters, no more heavy selections than troop selections, etc.

The thought on using this list was to attach the HQ BC to the Terminator squad, having the Incinerator squads ride in the LR’s and provide mid to late game ‘port points for the fast squad, while the remaining troop baby-sits an object/acts as snipers from the backfield.

SJ

Archived