A DECENT FENRISIAN WOLF !

bareserker

One thing that seems to be often overlooked about the wolves new incarnation is the DESPERATE need for some believable wolves. Nothing in G.W.s arsenal at the moment represents these beasts as described in the Ragnar novels. All curent models are too disneyish or placid looking. Come on G.W, bring on the wolves !

GOD bless .....................V

The rules dont quite fit them either... remember Frekki and Gerri were the size of rhino APCs for instance ^_^. We certainly dont have any S/T 6 wolves running around though do we? *sighs*

completely agree. i will be ordering models from reaper that are supposed to be a good size and look a little more fearsome then the goblin wolf rider model. a pack of two awesome wolves would probably be right up there for what i would like to see released as far as new models goes.

Compared to a Marine, a D&D Dire Wolf is massive. Bigger than a Marine by a fair bit. If you wanted to represent Freki or Geri, sure, he'd be fine to use. But for a normal wolf, I'd go with a D&D Timber Wolf or one of the Medium sized monsters. On that note, the Winter Wolf mini would do fine for Freki or Geri- same size as the Dire Wolf but white furred instead.

This is a Moor Hound from Reaper Miniatures. The one arm/paw is movable to vary the pose.

I have two of these that accompany my Wolf Lord. They are as big a a power armoured marine and suit being paired with terminator armoured characters.

http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/02817_G.jpg

With some Green stuff skills and the right amount of modding, this beast is the perfect fenrisian wolf :)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1120067

Look at that JAW :lol:

Sorry, I don't feel like spending $750 on the 30 fenrisian wolves I have in my 13th Co. I have 30 dire wolves as my wolves, and they fit my army just fine.

Well, ok, if you're planning on getting 30 of them, the thing from thw woods might be a bit pricey, sure :woot:

But it's awesome as a packleader or something like that. I got one of them.. an it sure as hell stands out in the ranks :drool:

Alright... now I know what I need to get.

And Im broke... damn it.

Hey, Warhorse... I know it might be alot to ask, but do you know wich of those DnD mini packs those come in?

The Avatar of War wolves would be nice, but at $17 each, that is way to much money to field the numbers I use in my 13th Co. Right now I have 20 vampire counts dire wolves and still need 10 more to finish up my 2250 list.

Archived