Kapturowskis Death Guard & World Eaters [Update 1 Mar]

I'm trying to settle on a paint scheme for my Death Guard and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding which way to go with it. What initially inspired me to start Death Guard was Cadavers lovely Death Guard. His paint scheme looks absolutely gorgeous and also quick, with most of the work being done with drybrushing and washes. However, I also like the stripey white Death Guard, and this is where my problem lies, I've started to try and mix these styles...

I also wanted to be able to use the test models in my army, so I converted them to look at least somewhat similar to Forge Worlds Death Guard.

This was my first go at it. It ended up looking a bit boring and not so Nurgly methinks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/kapturowski/Death%20Guard/Death_guard_test_1.jpg

The next one I got a bit carried away with and ended up painting over all the green.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/kapturowski/Death%20Guard/Death_guard_test_2.jpg

This one I like, but it lacks the stripey white look I'm after so I push it further with the next model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/kapturowski/Death%20Guard/Death_guard_test_3.jpg

This is the latest version and I think I'm quite happy with it, but I would like some input.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/kapturowski/Death%20Guard/Death_guard_test_4_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/kapturowski/Death%20Guard/Death_guard_test_4_2.jpg

Here's the next one up for a paint job. Any ideas on what to do with him?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/kapturowski/Death%20Guard/Death_guard_test_5.jpg

I like the second one personally. Looks less painted on and more like their white armour has degraded. But saying that I am prejudiced to that style, as it's how I like mine :o

Very nice :D i myself like the darker ones like the first and the later ones.. a bitt diferent from all the white ones... the dark ones a bitt have more menesing and evil look and feel to them and a special look to them too that is more unik.. and well im tired of all the filty white ones ;) hehe

cheers mate

I like the rust and corrosion of the second ones, it really screams "The Plaguefather has gifted us with acidy goo barf." But I do like the darker schemes of the last ones. So put some rust on those bad boys!

• 1 year later...

Time to resurrect this thread. Done some work on my Daemon Prince (earlier pics in this thread) and his minions.

Added som cables.

gallery_28439_5581_46470.jpg

Plague Marines. I've tried hard to avoid building them with weapons across the chest as to not obscure all the lovely details.

gallery_28439_5581_55439.jpg

gallery_28439_5581_57392.jpg

gallery_28439_5581_108029.jpg

I've ordered the Death Guard Terminator conversion set from Forge World and I'm planning to use it with the regular Space Marine Terminators but converting them to make them more Nurgly. This is my prototype.

I plan to add some stomach armour like the Power Armoured ones have.

gallery_28439_5581_33527.jpg

Power weapon and Combi Melta.

gallery_28439_5581_60871.jpg

Shaky hands make good pics ;).

gallery_28439_5581_41573.jpg

Grossly Fantastic work there mate! I particularly like the Demon Prince busting through the armour, very well executed. I can't beleive that's an old Nid head! :rolleyes: Can't wait to see it painted up.

The termie (along with everything else!) also looks good, love those machetes.

Also, how's the painting coming along?

with the painted models, I like the second's 'dirtiness, filth and stripyness' and the forth's goulishness(the green) a combination of the two would be great.

Yours in Honour and Faith

Chaplain Hiltraud

@ malika666

Yeah, I still haven't decided on a scheme, I'm gonna try a few more out, next one will be something white I think.

@ Chaplain Hiltraud

Thank you very much!

@ Captain Mick

Thanks!

@ teku

Thank you. A tutorial on what?

[quote name='kapturowski' date='Jan 3 2011, 06:13 PM' post='2605481'

@ teku

Thank you. A tutorial on what?

Yeah kinda forget that all the things you posted look amazing!

On how you painted them? The first guy and the latest painted versions you posted really stand out :lol:

Excellent work so far and the DP is quite awesome looking.

On the various schemes, do keep in mind that Nurgle = Entropy, at least for me, so I think that gives you the freedom to paint them in variations so that they don't all look quite the same. That gives you a bit of a horde look and holds off on the "We're Death Guard, we all rot the same".

Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to seeing paint on the DP.

Cheers,

Decided to slap some paint on my Champion. I started out painting him in a white/grey scheme but it didn't really work out the way I wanted it to so I gave the whole mini a Thraka Green wash and I quite like the result.

gallery_28439_5581_4149.jpg

@ teku & Terminatorinhell

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't take any notes as I painted those guys and it's been quite a while since I did. But I think I remember most of it.

They're basecoated with Orkhide Shade, then drybrushed first with Catachan Green and then Rotting Flesh. Then I wash them with Thraka Green, Devlan Mud and Badab Black. Last I add the stripes with thinned layers of Rotting flesh and Skull White.

@ Lord_Halrian

Thank you!

@ Honda

I think you got a good point there about the entropy, but I still want some cohesion so they appear like an army on the battlefield. But adding in some different colours can add some interest to an otherwise quite messy looking army.

I think you got a good point there about the entropy, but I still want some cohesion so they appear like an army on the battlefield. But adding in some different colours can add some interest to an otherwise quite messy looking army.

Actually you make a very good point. One way of providing a cohesive look to disparate looking figures is to use the basing as the tie in. Anyway, you're doing fine so don't let me distract you.

Cheers,

Yet another scheme! This one is close to the official colours and it was really great fun to paint. I only painted a buste to speed up the process and I've put it next to the Champion I painted earlier.

gallery_28439_5581_62438.jpg

And a close up

gallery_28439_5581_40931.jpg

@ Honda

I haven't even thought of basing yet, but you're definetly right. I need to start thinking about that, it definetly adds a lot of character to one's models. Thanks!

Archived