Chainfists on Terminators

Freakiq

I'm currently assembling a Terminator squad that'll be my squad to use wherever they needed and will need to be able to take down both infantry and vehicles.

This is how I plan to equip them:

Sergeant

Termie with Cyclone Missile launcher and Chainfist

Termie with Chainfist

Termie

Termie

Is there any point to taking more than two Chainfists or should I take even less?

One is probably good. I'd add more if the squad was larger, say 7 or 8, but for 5 one chainfist is probably good enough.

I'd take two - they are only five points after all - just for insurance sake. Those unlucky ones always seem to target important squad members.

Been doing some math and realised if they ever were charged by a walker a single powerfist with 2 attacks hitting on 4+ would be a bit weak so 2 Chainfists it is.

EDIT: I also realized that putting a chainfist on the Cyclone guy was stupid since 5th ed wound allocation would give me no control who lives or dies, gave it to a regular termie instead.

Well giving yourself a CF TDA, a CML+CF, a Seargent, and two guys without CFs means you can always allocate two wounds before risking anything other than a powerfist.

Doing it as CFx2, CMLx1, Seargent, and PF means your more likely to lose CFs as you cant stack ablative wounds on PF guys quite as easily.

I have to admit I'm a bit of a chainfist whore in my 5 man terminator unit that only sees battle in apocalypse. 4 of them are armed with mighty chainfists for carving up their foe/dinner.

Then again I've always wanted to try storm bolter/lightning claw. Yay for Space Wolf Customisability!

I'd take two - they are only five points after all - just for insurance sake. Those unlucky ones always seem to target important squad members.

This is the way -I used to think a single CF but unfortunately that model always seems to cop it. At 5 points, it saves you any worries.

I would say always give the terminator carrying the heavy weapon a chainfist so you're not wasting points on the "ablative" terminators.

If you're not going to take any heavy weapons then I still say 1 chainfist for every five terminators.

It depends on wether the target moved in its previous turn. 1 is enough is you are going after artillery and tanks that are at there most effective when they are stationary (leman russ executioner with plasma cannon sponsons for example). 2 for insurance.

Archived