HH - Nemesis

Brother Subtle

Theres a lot of speculation on the BL forums concerning what this title is about - Mr Swallow himself posted on their and confirmed its not:

- Blood Angels at Signus Prime (which he hopes to write about later)

- the iron cage incident between IW and IF (which was my personal favourite for it, or at least a book about the animosity between dorn and peturabo)

- Not the nemesis chapter (RT era stuff)

- Not the sisters of silence

- Not to do with Garro and events after FoTE

So what does that leave? He said that none of this even comes close to who or what its about, which could open up the whole ball park. It might not be a novel about the legions, which would be unusual given Mr. Swallows novels so far, and perhaps might be about some legendary confrontation between other, non-human actors in the build up to the heresy?

Maybe about the birth and existance of the Emperor, and his relation with the chaos gods? I thought Swallow made a pretty good impression of chaos in FoTE, just a thought :P

Hmm yes perhaps, the story of the Emperor coming to Nostromo and meeting with Night Haunter, who knew that ultimately the Emperor would be his Nemesis? Yes that does fit!

I quite liked the SoS story in Tales of Heresy - it was a classic example of grimdark and why I love the background so much. Another science fiction like star trek or star wars would have resulted in them taking heed of the warning and doing something about it, but not so in 40k :huh:

I loved Lord of the Night, and I loved how Zso Sahaal spoke of the times of Heresy and of Curze. I would really like to see the Legion in general touched upon, as I think they deserve much more background then they have presently. Night Haunter / Konrad Curze was a very complex Primarch, so I think a book on his inner thoughts would be brilliant.

It could also be Iron Warriors for all we know, or even Iron Hands. Who knows? Well... except for James Swallow. :D

yes It would be really nice to have some Night Lords fluff since all we have now for a novel is Lord of the Night. I'd personally love to learn more about Curze

Lord of the Night, what is this that you speak of, when did this HH book come out ?

Theres a lot of speculation on the BL forums concerning what this title is about - Mr Swallow himself posted on their and confirmed its not:

- Blood Angels at Signus Prime (which he hopes to write about later)

- the iron cage incident between IW and IF (which was my personal favourite for it, or at least a book about the animosity between dorn and peturabo)

- Not the nemesis chapter (RT era stuff)

- Not the sisters of silence

- Not to do with Garro and events after FoTE

So what does that leave? He said that none of this even comes close to who or what its about, which could open up the whole ball park. It might not be a novel about the legions, which would be unusual given Mr. Swallows novels so far, and perhaps might be about some legendary confrontation between other, non-human actors in the build up to the heresy?

Maybe about the birth and existance of the Emperor, and his relation with the chaos gods? I thought Swallow made a pretty good impression of chaos in FoTE, just a thought ;)

I tried looking but couldnt find it, could you post a link so i can read it first hand? :P

Also another option I thought of was a follow-up to 'Legion'? Nemesis maybe refering to Alpharius' dispute with Guilliman, or maybe between Alpharius and Omegon themselves? (Its a long shot!)

I don't know about a follow-up to Legion (although that would be great). Awhile back on Dan Abnett's blog, he said there were no plans for another Horus Heresy Alpha Legion book, although he expressed interest in writing an Alpha Legion novel set in the 41st millennium (can't wait for that).

Nemesis could mean a lot of things, and I'm not so sure it sounds like a Night Lords book. It could be another book about Horus, the Emperor's true nemesis. It could also be about Lorgar, who orchestrated Horus's turn to chaos. I'd like to think that there are plenty of legions that haven't even been touched upon whatsoever that need some Horus Heresy love. It could be about the White Scars or Salamanders, or maybe even shed some light on one of the lost legions although that seems highly unlikely.

Honestly, Nemesis sounds so vague that there's really no way to tell what it's about. I just hope it's as good as Flight of the Eisenstein because those Blood Angels books were weak.

Nemesis just means someones eternal enemy.

An example of some Nemeses:

Lion and Luther

Space Marines and Chaos space marines

Emperor and chaos gods

so we need 2 people who rly dont like each other B) needless to say it prolly wont have to do with Ultras, BA, DA, space wolfs, sons of Horus.

I've been doing some digging, on various forums, and websites, to try and figure who this really describes, and I'm coming up with a couple of theories, each as unlikely as the next.

1. Continuation of the Space Wolf/Thousand Sons line, possibly the direct conflict between Russ and Magnus. I know that would drag the series out, which is unlikely, but its a reasonable guess. We don't quite have so many grudge matches at the present time, seeing as Iron Cage occurs after the SoT, Ferrus Manus/Fulgrim has concluded, and Jonson/Luther is also resolved after the SoT.

2. This is REALLY out of left field, but I keep hearing something about a legion called Nemesis. Lexicanium lists it as a 2nd founding chapter of the Ultramarines, but I keep hearing they were one of the early legions, possibly from the very start of the great crusade, and I haven't found any better fluff. It would kind of make sense that the two lost legions could make a showing, because right after the primarchs themselves were lost, the Emperor used their gene-data to make the space marine legions to go find them.

3. I'm not sure how, or by what medium, but this could be a book not so much devoted to a legion or faction, but possibly getting into Chaos itself at the time of the heresy.

4. The Iron Hands' surviving marines trying to get back in the fight?

-Proteus

Archived