Twin .44's permanent WIP

Twin .44

Well, After my battle company was completed, I had a whole lot of stuff left over. namely an extra about 7 marines and a massive host of weaponry (ended up with an extra two Devestator Weapon Sprues!) So here and now are going to be the leftovers of those bodies in the form of Sternguard Veterans for my Crimson Fists. This time I'm not speed painting it out, I'm doing them properly and over a long period of time. Now I have an almost completed full model and the legs of the next up (Sorry, not too much right now!) So I'll just get to it now.

First is a more basic Soldier at the moment until the banners and purity seals get put on him (along with finishing everything else up).

gallery_42800_3329_5022.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_40210.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_11850.jpg

My real camera doesn't seem to like the idea of close up shots right now, so we're going to have to deal with the Camera Phone!

The next one here is going to end up as a personal Favorite, the beginning of Brother "Captain" Morgan.

gallery_42800_3329_26106.jpg

C&C greatly appreciated!

I like this one ! How did you do the base?

It's really simple actually. Just a few rocks/stones with grass glued on the edges and crevaces. if you're talking about the basecoat, let me know and I'll write it out (unless you prefer a full tutorial)

Nice shades and highlights. I like the blues especially.

And the gold on the bolter, its a nice touch.

I can't wait to see more.

-Proteus

it took me a while to come up with the paint sceme. It may not look it but the main armor and highlights are 5 Colors in total. I did always like the gold on the bolter, I just wish I was able to do it better since it look rather tacky to me. Before my next bolter I'll trudge around the B&C here and figure something out. the eagle was especially irritating.

I've got a busy rest of the week unfortunately, but if I get done early enough tomorrow I'll have more up on the leg up model done. I can't wait for these to be done either.

I like this one ! How did you do the base?

It's really simple actually. Just a few rocks/stones with grass glued on the edges and crevaces. if you're talking about the basecoat, let me know and I'll write it out (unless you prefer a full tutorial)

Thanks a lot mate ! I will try on my Red Corsairs and on my Space Wolves :) .

• 3 weeks later...

I was in such a rush to get to bed last night that i forgot to put up my latest in my own WIP thread!!!! unfortunately it's not much but it's something! And I'm feeling the painting muse upon me right now!

gallery_42800_3329_9784.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_27074.jpg

This Sternguard's left arm is going to have an Auspex in it, but I primed up a crappy arm so I gotta figure out which on to put on it.

I have also started up some banners and such for the other guy and I still need to do his skull backpack. Next week I might also do my Deathwatch Librarian (it's for an RP I'm doing on weekends).

Thanks nova :P

well, here's another update. I know I'm working slow on it but i'm getting a lot of crazy crap going on at work and now I'm going on the Inspections and Procedures team. so I may be taking a lot longer than anticipated! but I got the legs and bases of 5 more sternguard done and here you go!

gallery_42800_3329_8578.jpg

Love it but the bases look like they are fighting in a barn yard with lots of hay. Love the look of the modles.

thanks boss, I've noticed the grass/moss doesn't come out all that well from my Camera phone even though it's 3.2 MP. My actual Camera seems to have a problem with closeups so I can't get a better one up right now. In the near future I'll try to fix it up and get some photos for you baryard haters out there :P

I like the creative use of half of the kneeling legs on Brother Morgan. In fact, I like it so much that I yoinked the idea for one of my marines. ;)
Im with you there Brother!!!

;)

They say replication is the greatest form of flattery. It's definitely true! Thanks alot and let me know how yours turns out! Mine was kind of an accident :teehee:

Well, the chests are finished and glued on now. I had to redo a window's siding yesterday so i didn't get to the arms quite yet but the next step is primed and ready to roll. And I may very well start up my deathwatch Librarian this evening if I'm in the mood to do so. Don't worry, he won't be stuck beating up cows on a farm :P Stay tuned!

alright, here's whats going down with my boys here!!!!!! I got a bit of work to do still, but luckily it can be done in a week, just a lot of small crap. One auspex, few guns, shoulder pads, backpacks and helmets. then I'll get started on the Ironclad or the Land Raider, haven't decided which just yet. and now, on to get ready to see Kittie!!!!!!!

gallery_42800_3329_48012.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_6404.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_37949.jpg

Well, here's another update, not much but it's something. I got most of the extra crap on (ammo pouches, Pistol Holsters, extra puches) I painted up all the grenades, and did the main basecoat for the packs and heads, so these guys chould be done tomorrow. They would be done ttoday if i didn't work on their Land Raider! pics of that too, here ya go!

gallery_42800_3329_24577.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_12394.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_10201.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_36256.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_1024.jpg

Tomorrow I'll have quite a bit more done, so stay tuned up!

Well, it seems as though many people lost interest, but I'm going to keep harrassing you all! Well, the Sternguard is complete (enough) and I've been doing a lot of work on the Land raider as well. It's battle ready enough so that will be set aside for now. next is my drop pod and a Khorne berserker for a friend of mine. enough babbling, here's everything!

gallery_42800_3329_30006.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_20687.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_27619.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_23991.jpg

The Raider picture sucks I know and apparently the other one doesn't want to load up soooooo that's all, see you all Thursday!

nice colour on that land raider! looks ancient enough! how did you do it? layers of thinned down light blue over a dark blue undercoat? or not-so-even brush strokes with more paint? keep it up mate

Actually in order to get it like that I had to do a heavy drybrush of ultramarines blue, then a light medium drybrush of Enchanted Blue. Then I do a coat or two of a Ultramarine Blue (notice the lack of the "S" in Ultramarine") by Liquitex (thinned way down). the highlights are a mix of Enchanted and ice blue (1:1) and drybrushed around the corners. Then another blue wash over that, then (FINALLY!) a full black wash to darken it out. you can leave out some blue washes to get a less darkened effect that it's worn out instead of worn to almost no paint.

Kinda like this Drop Pod here. It's under extreme light so it's darker than it actually looks. I've noticed a lot of people obsessed with making their dreads actually fit inside the thing and be able to move out. Let me ask you this, Can you fit ten marine models in a Rhino without piling on top of one another? :P

gallery_42800_3329_19032.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_912.jpg

The only thing left is a batch of detail work, other than that I consider it battle ready. That stuff will be taken care of tomorrow night. Tonight I need to take care of a Berserker for a friend. Later all.

Twin .44

Nice work brother. You have a lovely consistant look to them, good steady brush work and thinned paints have really help this along!!

I am intrigued with the drop pod. Is it a standard GW one or an FW one. Either way it looks good as a Dreadnought pod with all the insides missing

Keep it up

DGC

• 3 weeks later...

Well, It's been a while. been extremely busy and little time to work on anything. BUT I got some work done on some terminators for my Black Templars! This is my first shot at Green Stuff, so be gentle on the judgements :P

gallery_42800_3329_20962.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_17443.jpg

And here are the Heads, and Forgeworld Shoulder pads!

gallery_42800_3329_16577.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been quite a while since an update, so I've got quite a large one for you all.

These Terminators yesterday obliterated basically half an enemy field while barely taking any casualties. They also cause me to win the Appearance competition of the tournament.

gallery_42800_3329_23272.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_14104.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_2884.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_26230.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_4478.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_41958.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_14578.jpg

This guy also Doubles in as a Marshal on larger missions.

gallery_42800_3329_31836.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_27480.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_19050.jpg

And here is there Transport. Still needs some weathering and damage painted on though.

gallery_42800_3329_33362.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_60976.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_16227.jpg

gallery_42800_3329_28862.jpg

And the squad shot.

gallery_42800_3329_17928.jpg

Here is a test minature for some templar Neophytes. I have since painted it up a bit though.

gallery_42800_3329_5600.jpg

And now one I'm actually quite proud of. One finished up Blood Angel Sarge aside from the chapter symbol.

gallery_42800_3329_3030.jpg

C&C is greatly appreciated. I know there is still quite a bit of work to do, so please tell me what you think!

Very good work. I was wondering though, what is that red thing on some of your pictures?

I especially like the bases on the Black Templar Terminators.

wow, someone posted, I was beginning to think my work sucked :P

What you are seeing is the on button for my desk light I use for painting. It's leftover from the 70's and it still works like a charm! :( I sprayed a regular sheet of paper black and use one of the holes to hold the paper in place.

I llike the bases too. A friend of mine gave me the shale to use them when he had to dig up his back yard. He forced me to use them on some awesome models. hope these are good enough.

++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION ++

++ ASTROPATHIC LINK: PSY-MAGOS KLAHN ++

++ LOCATION: TERRA, DETROIT SECTOR ++

Not an expert of GS myself, I have to say you need to be a bit easier on the knife.

Some of the "folds" look like scarring or indentations...a little to deep for fabric. Maybe the red colour and detailing just makes them look deeper? For BT, I think white tabards/robes would have fit better. Red would have worked for your CF's. Also, the heads look a bit 'too' white, but that is probably the lighting. Kudos for the custom photo-backdrop & lamp. And I definitely have to steal the shale/base idea for one of the armies I haven't built yet. :(

Yeah, I know. Who am I to criticize while I've left my own projects sitting unattended?

I appreciate the kick in my own complacency. I really do.

Keep the reports coming...

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

I only recently joined this site. Ive been looking at what you've done and its fantastic. Im an avid follower of the KISS method of anything so I will be keeping my painting schemes mostly simple till I get some more experience and try to implement camo schemes. I have some ideas to implement for my own army. Again great work on the models!

Archived