Gate of Infinity + Locator Beacon/Teleport Homer?

S0L0 Again

Gate of Infinity says use deep strike rules, meaning it scatters (if the librarian is with a unit) and no assaulting or regular movement, but is it also affected by homers/beacons? It says they "arrive by deep strike rules," and beacons and homers say "Units arriving by deep strike..."

But they aren't REALLY deep striking, they're traveling through the warp and are completely removed from the field for a split second. I couldn't find an answer anywhere, but it's kind of important because I want to have a list with an Epistolary, Lysander and sterngard/terminators, and just bounce them around the field every turn, no scatter, and re rolling the shots with Lysander's Bolter Drill. Obviously, this plan fails if Gate is unable to benefit from homers/beacons.

Any help appreciated.

For the Teleport Homer, no. It only works for teleporting units, specifically Terminators if they "choose to teleport on to the battlefield via deep strike" (C: SM P 101)

The locator beacon (P67) is a little more vague, but by very strict RAW it would also not work for GOI (P57). From a less strict RAW standpoint, I think it's going to have to be one of those 'dice off' rules, as there seems to be no logical argument to fully support either position due to the wording. For friendlies, I'd go with Locator Beacons working with GOI, even if it does take away the chance of loosing a squad member (which could be remedied by rolling the scatter dice even inside locator beacon range and loosing a unit member if you don't roll a 'hit').

For the Teleport Homer, no. It only works for teleporting units, specifically Terminators if they "choose to teleport on to the battlefield via deep strike" (C: SM P 101)

The locator beacon (P67) is a little more vague, but by very strict RAW it would also not work for GOI (P57). From a less strict RAW standpoint, I think it's going to have to be one of those 'dice off' rules, as there seems to be no logical argument to fully support either position due to the wording. For friendlies, I'd go with Locator Beacons working with GOI, even if it does take away the chance of loosing a squad member (which could be remedied by rolling the scatter dice even inside locator beacon range and loosing a unit member if you don't roll a 'hit').

Cool, thanks.

I had a 1250 list drawn up for a doubles tourney in which I planned to use that trick to keep them busy while my partner took care of objectives and covered the spots my termies didn't cover, but if it's a grey area thing like that then I doubt it would fly at a tournament.

Thanks again!

The Homer is a definate no, as it is restricted to teleport via deepstrike, and GoI is not teleportation (at least not in game terms)

The beacon is arguable as it states "arrive on the battlefeild" and GoI units are already on the battlefeild. There hasnt been an anser either way that satisfies me for the Beacon.

They can use the teleport homer if the librarian and everyone with him is in terminator armor. In both cases they meet all rule requirements.

Ahh ...No.

SM Codex pg. 101 "Teleport homers emit a powerful signal enabling SM Strike Cruisers to lock on to them with their teleportation equipment."

"Note that the Teleport Homer only works for units that are teleporting, not for units entering play using jump packs, drop pods or other means......"

GoI is a Psychic Power. It is Not teleportation.

Nowhere in GoI is teleporting mentioned.

They can use the teleport homer if the librarian and everyone with him is in terminator armor. In both cases they meet all rule requirements.

Ahh ...No.

SM Codex pg. 101 "Teleport homers emit a powerful signal enabling SM Strike Cruisers to lock on to them with their teleportation equipment."

"Note that the Teleport Homer only works for units that are teleporting, not for units entering play using jump packs, drop pods or other means......"

GoI is a Psychic Power. It is Not teleportation.

Nowhere in GoI is teleporting mentioned.

Being removed from one place and reappearing in another is the very definition of teleporting though. ^_^

Though I agree with you that ruleswise they can't use the homer.

Archived