Easy Blending

For blending use the base color you want and then paint it on try to get it as dark as possible on and when it is dry put the second layer on top of it EX: Blood Red paint it on let it dry completely and then layer on Merchite Red

Important note: when doing this you want to make sure each layer is covering less and less of the mini

• 4 weeks later...
Merchite and blood red are very nearly the same colour. But I find that blood red it ever so slightly brighter. I'd base coat with merchite, it goes on much easier and only needs 2 layers. Also, you forgot to add in mixing. If you just have flat colours going on without much transition, it is just layering.

• 2 weeks later...
I use mechrite red only for basecoating, it's too 'plastic' imo. I usually wash it with badab black and then apply a layer of scab red. As for blending, the easiest way to blend is to buy a special acrylic medium to make glazes.

For blending use the base color you want and then paint it on try to get it as dark as possible on and when it is dry put the second layer on top of it EX: Blood Red paint it on let it dry completely and then layer on Merchite Red

Important note: when doing this you want to make sure each layer is covering less and less of the mini

That is layering, not blending.

Example: link

Archived