Thunderwolf Cavalry (Harald Thymodson) complete with picts.

Haakon Ironheart

Converted from High Elf Lions, I think it captures the spirit well enough...Lots of Greenstuff to cover the body as fur and actually it was my first try at sculpting sth as a wolf head...I am especially proud of the Rider and his frostblade. I hope you like them both as much as I do!!! Comments and advice are welcome!!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics14/img4ad199969d8a5.jpg

Converted from High Elf Lions, I think it captures the spirit well enough...Lots of Greenstuff to cover the body as fur and actually it was my first try at sculpting sth as a wolf head...I am especially proud of the Rider and his frostblade. I hope you like them both as much as I do!!! Comments and advice are welcome!!

Not bad, although I would definitely put him on a much larger base. I think Canis comes on a 60mm doesn't he?

V

Canis is a special Character so I dont think there is a need to put them in larger bases as there is not a GW model for thunderwolf cavalry yet . Canis' wolf is the largest thunderwolf so it deserves a large base and you should take into account Canis' special rule about the attacks he gets. This rule does not apply to thunderwolf cavalry so I think the base is ok. My two cents...Thanks for your fast reply!

Thats a really good bit of work there well done.

As for the base size I reckon the 60mm would be better but as you say we dont have a Thunderwolf model to go by except Canis. However on the same note you say Canis get a bigger base size because he is a special character and largest wolf etc but we wouldnt put a normal power armoured marine on a larger base because of his fluff. At the end of the day its your mini so go with what you feel like going with :D

As for the base size I reckon the 60mm would be better but as you say we dont have a Thunderwolf model to go by except Canis. However on the same note you say Canis get a bigger base size because he is a special character and largest wolf etc but we wouldnt put a normal power armoured marine on a larger base because of his fluff. At the end of the day its your mini so go with what you feel like going with :D

I actually think that Canis's wolf base is mainly due to his special rule. He gets as many attacks as opponents in base combat. This rule does not apply to other TC.

As for the base size I reckon the 60mm would be better but as you say we dont have a Thunderwolf model to go by except Canis. However on the same note you say Canis get a bigger base size because he is a special character and largest wolf etc but we wouldnt put a normal power armoured marine on a larger base because of his fluff. At the end of the day its your mini so go with what you feel like going with :)

I actually think that Canis's wolf base is mainly due to his special rule. He gets as many attacks as opponents in base combat. This rule does not apply to other TC.

I would still put the TWC on at least a 40mm "Terminator" sized base. The 25mm just looks funny when the model sticks over the edges so far. And, for the record, I actually have put some of my powered armor IC's on larger bases (Ragnar and my Wolf Priest), because they stand out as ICs on 40mm bases.

Regards,

Valerian

http://www.coolminiornot.com/phpThumb.php?src=/home/coolmini/www/pics/pics14/img4ad19b82376cd.jpg&w=650&hash=ccae50b7756eb96e52b84176352aa7b9

Thanks to everybody for the kind comments, I am posting some new pictures in order for you to see the face of the wolf

wow, i hate you.

no, sorry, just jealous as my attempt came out nowhere near as awesome as yours.

I'll second that.

Awesome greenstuff-fu. Are you going to do more? You know I'd be happy to playtest those for you. Just send 'em on over.

SWLars

One of the best TWC conversions to date IMO. Congrats

wow, i hate you.

no, sorry, just jealous as my attempt came out nowhere near as awesome as yours.

I'll second that.

Awesome greenstuff-fu. Are you going to do more? You know I'd be happy to playtest those for you. Just send 'em on over.

SWLars

:P ^_^ ;) Thanks a lot. Yes I am going to do at least 3 of them plus Canis. I am actually adding wolfy stuff to my 13th Company in order to have them ready for GT 2010. I have some 10000pt. of "shadow grey" wolves too but I realised I like codex grey a lot more. In time you will see the rest of my army... ;)

I would say not only one of the best, but THE best conversion.

I like how you sculpted fur. It doesn,t cover muscle structure too much, how did you do it?.

I wish to look at the wolf maw (hmm it's sound silly, but still...)

Archived