Current Space Wolf Codex FAQ

WolfLordLars

Last Update: 22 Oct 2009

In an effort to compile questions and answers that the new codex has come up with in a format that is easy to use, as well as being as complete in its answer as possible, I figured we should start up one like we have always had. This follows in the grand tradition that Depthcharge started years ago, that I repeated in the previous edition update, and would like to see maintained again.

Thanks to Oldenhaller for putting the questions together to begin with.

--==[]==--

With regards to ommissions in the codex... until GW releases something to correct it, we use whats PRINTED IN THE CODEX. You have to assume thats how they intended it, and even if not.. what are the odds they are going to fix it? Slim to none I imagine.

Q - Is it an omission that Frost Blades cannot be used in TDA?

A - Unsure if it was an omission, but if they are not listed, until GW FAQ's or Erratas it, no FB for TDA.

Q - Do Thunderwolf mounts add to the base Strength as well as Toughness for the purpose of Thunderhammers/Power Fists

A - No. A thunderwolf mount is wargear. Reference p26 in the rulebook for how Instant Death works, and since any piece of wargear that ups toughness dont count for instant death. I know this makes no sense when you look at Canis/TWolf Cavalry, but those units do not have Thunderwolf Mounts as wargear. GW will need to errata it one way or the other.

Q - Do Fenrisian Wolves taken as wargear make the character count as part of a unit for the purposes of joining other units/assigning shooting damage

A - No. Unless it says that, its wargear. They are still IC's. The only reason IPs with servitors count as a unit, is because an IP is not an IC.

Q - Is your army allowed more than one Wolf Standard

A - With the RAW, yes. In previous editions, we were limited to a single Banner/Standard of each type, so this might be an oversight on their part. Model your units accordingly.

Q - Are you allowed to use the wolf banner to re-roll a 1 for the D3 charge bonus ragnar bestows on a unit?

A - Yes. If the dice rolls a "1" it can be rerolled. What counts as a "1" is up to your local group (some feel that 1/2 should be rerolled, as they 'count as' "1", others feel that only an actual roll of "1").

Q - Does the Wolf Standard affect any 1's rolled by independent characters who have joinded the Grey Hunters unit

A - "All models in that unit" - Yes, if an IC has joined that unit.

Q - Do Sagas count as wargear

A - They are in the wargear section (look down by the page number), so yes.

Q - Does the +1 from a Frostblade stack if you take more than one

A - Nothing would indiciate that this is the case.

Units

Q - Is the Iron Priest an independent character

A - No, that is not listed in his profile.

Q - If the whole Wolf Guard Unit is split to become pack leaders when or is a kill point scored

A - Unclear. If the entire unit is split up, it might no longer count as a unit, and would not be worth a kill point at all. If even one member is left as a unit and not assigned out to other packs, when that one dies the kill point is awarded.

Q - Does Saga of the Iron Wolf's movement increase change the speed which the vehicle is moving at for the purposes of shooting

A - Vehicles shooting is based on what 'speed' they are moving (stationary, combat, cruising). The extra d3" has no bearing on this.

Q - Do attacks from Thunderwolf Cav using special weapons still count as rending

A - Yes. Thunderwolf Mounts are specific pieces of wargear that state that you may not use special weapon attacks as rending. Neither Thunderwolf Cavalry nor Canis possess the "Thunderwolf Mount" item of wargear, thus are not subject to that exclusion. It is likely to be FAQ'd by GW, as it really doesnt make sense, but until then, thats how it is played.

Q - Is the transport capacity of Drop Pods and Land Raiders correct at 10

A - If its in print in the codex, thats what we use..

Q - Is it an ommision that Skyclaws cannot have a Wolf Guard Pack Leader

A - Maybe, but until GW clarifies, they can not join skyclaw packs.

Q - Is it an ommision that Both Blood Claws and Swiftclaw Bike Packs cannot have MotW

A - Maybe. Unlikely though, as they are 'too young' for it to have shown itself yet. If they did, they would get tossed in a Skyclaw pack, which does have MotW available.

Q - Can wolf guard in terminator armor get meltabombs?

A - They list melta bombs as an option, and dont restrict it to power armor, so yes, Terminators can carry Melta Bombs with the way the codex is written.

Q - When adding a member of a Wolf Guard Pack to a Wolf Scout Pack as a squad leader, does that wolf guard member gain the abilities of the squad (Scout, Infiltrate, Move through Cover, Behind Enemy Lines)?

A - At this time, nothing would indicate that they do. Behind Enemy Lines specifies the unit, so I would be inclined to say that this would include the Wolf Guard, but there is room for argument. In previous editions Wolf Guards could do this as well, so there is precedent.

Named Characters

Q - Does Arjak's thrown thunderhammer 'Stun' his opponents as per thunderhammer CC attacks

A - Some feel that the wording implies that the ranged attack counts as a TH (thus stuns) others feel that since it is not in the profile of the ranged attack, it does not. Clarify locally.

Q - Can Arjak re-roll to hit rolls with his thrown hammer vs independent characters

A - Yes. He can reroll all failed to hits against ICs or Monstrous Creatures, it never specified that this is only in close combat.. so all failled to hits can be rerolled.

Q - Does Njal's Lord of the Tempest take affect upon a turn he doesn't start on the table

A - Unclear, though I would be inclined to say no, as usually any model off of the table can not affect the table.

Q - Can Logan Grimnar give a USR to a unit if they do not begin the turn on the table

A - The USR applies to Logan and any unit he is with. If at the beginning of the turn Logan is on the table, he will pick his USR, and it applies to him and any unit he joins.

Q - How can Lucas the Trickster have attacks targetted against him if he is not an independent character

A - Thats a good one. p39 of the BBB details allocating wounds, but his wargear applies to the to-hit roll. So, in effect, his pelt only applies when he is alone (thus, the rest of his pack is dead) or until GW FAQ's it.

Q - Does Arjak Rockfist have to assign all of his close combat attacks against independent characters if able

A - Yes, as detailed in his rules.

Q - If there are more than one independent character does he duel one of them or split his attacks

A - As long as they are directed to an IC, if possible, your good. You choose which IC.

Q - If fighting against another Space Wolf army does the Wolf Helm of Russ allow both armies to re-roll Ld checks

A - It is generally accepted that even if you are using the same 'army' your wargear only works for you. I am told that locator beacons only work for the Space Marine army that brought them, but have not read anything that confirms this.

Q - Do Logan Grimnar's Wolf Guard which count as troops also count as scoring units?

A - Yes they do - they count as troops in all respects.

Q - Does Bjorn get a saving throw against psychic shooting attacks from both his Wolf Tail Taalisman and his Ward of the Primarch save

A - Yes. First you roll to nullify, then you get invulnerable saves (if they apply)

Q - Why cant Lukas the Trickster use a jump pack?

A - Because fluff does not equal rules. Simply put, the option of giving him a jump pack does not exist... perhaps if his description allowed you to upgrade a bloodclaw OR skyclaw to Lukas.. but it doesnt.

Q - Can Bjorn the Fellhanded get a drop pod?

A - Unfortunately, no. He has no transport options listed in his entry. Bjorn will be walking wherever he goes.

Q - If I use Logan, take 5 packs of Grey Hunters, and 1 pack of 5 Wolf Guards that I break off to each of the Grey Hunter packs, have I used 5 Troop Choices or 6?

A - You have used 6. If you were not using Logan, you would have used 5 Troop and 1 Elite slots.

Psychic Powers

Q - Does Leaders of the Pack prevent Runepriests from having the same two psychic powers

A - Yes, its spelled out in "Leaders of the Pack".

Q - Does JotWW affect the Rune Priest

A - "Starting from the Rune Priest" (emphasis mine) would imply that the line doesnt actually touch him. That, and commonse sense. So no.

Q - Is JotWW the width of the Runepriest's base

A - No. Its a straight line. If you have to quibble over the width of the line, then move the line so there is no question. Lazer levels are good for this.

Q - Can shooting Psychic powers be used from a transport vehicle with firepoints

A - Yes, per BBB p.66 under Fire Points.

Q - Can JotWW be used from a vehicle as it touches a vehicle

A - You would use it from the fire point, and since JotWW doesnt affect vehicles, there should be no issues of it hurting your transport.

Q - Do AoE Psychic powers measure from the hull of a transport vehicle

A - BRB : "If the players need to measure a range involving the embarked unit (except for its shooting), this range is measured to or from the vehicle's hull."

Q - Does JotWW affect battlesuits as Infantry or Jump Infantry

A - Jetpacks (battlesuits) are Jump Infantry. p. 52 in BBB.

Q - Does JotWW have to have a target

A - It doesnt mention needing a target in the description, simply to draw a line and models touched by the line test.

Q - Does Murdous Hurricane affect only units deep striking within 24" of the rune priest using the power or all units listed as individual cases

A - Murderous Hurricane does not mention anything about deep striking. Maybe you are thinking of Tempest's Wrath? In that case, your question makes no sense, as the power is pretty clear.

Why would you make a big bolded point about using what is in the codex and then talk about what is implied in the spirit of the rules regarding Wolf Standards?

Hes referencing both sides of the argument in his answer, while giving the RAW. Just like when he made the last FAQ for us...

And shooting attacks made from vehicles' ranges are measured from the Hull. So using JOTWW would be no different than someone asking if the Rune Priest is affected because it touches his base. From the hull.

This should get a sticky. Hopefully someone at GW might stumble across it and actually get an FAQ done before 2010.....

And shooting attacks made from vehicles' ranges are measured from the Hull. So using JOTWW would be no different than someone asking if the Rune Priest is affected because it touches his base. From the hull.

This should get a sticky. Hopefully someone at GW might stumble across it and actually get an FAQ done before 2010.....

Actually no- because you measure from the fire point, wich is in the middle of the rhino... and then goes over the hull to get out of it, so it is a bit different.

Flamers have this problem too. The best answer for ease of play is usually to just ignore the part thats over the rhino, but some sticklers will say you just cant fire it at all, as it would hit a friendly model. JotWW isnt a template weapon, but again... it fogs it up a bit.

Sorry, that was lax of me. I knew there was a simple explanation in my mind why JOTWW wouldn't be a problem out of a vehicle but it wasn't that one. Forgive me.

JOTWW is not a template weapon. It does not affect EVERYTHING that line passes through, unlike a template weapon. The power specifically states that it only affects certain models. Vehicles are not on that list, so you are not targeting your own models.

Just on the Thunderwolf one,

Thunderwolf cavalry (and Canis) they are not T4(5) (or the otherway round.... i forget...) So they are T5 base arn't they? while adding a Thunderwolf mount to a lord or wolf guard, would make them T4(5) so S8 would instantkill them....but normal Thunderwolves it would take S10....i am right?

Thunderwolf cavalry (and Canis) they are not T4(5) (or the otherway round.... i forget...) So they are T5 base arn't they? while adding a Thunderwolf mount to a lord or wolf guard, would make them T4(5) so S8 would instantkill them....but normal Thunderwolves it would take S10....i am right?

Yep. I expect this will be FAQed pretty quickly so they are identical, but for now thats the way it is.

Hey Wolflordlars, I think you're on the money with most of these but you've been inconsistent as regards Thunderwolves.

You've said that Thunder Wolf Mounts (TWM) don't give the true S/T5 that Thunder Wolf Cavalry (TWC) have but S/T4(5) like bikes.

Fair enough, TWM are wargear and different to TWC.

But you then go on to use the rules for TWM to say that TWC don't get special rending attacks, despite them having a rending special rule.

To my mind there are two ways to interpret the codex. Either TWM and TWC are different or they are the same.

If they are different, then characters on TWM get S/T4(5) as you state but TWC should get rending thunder hammers or whatever.

If they are the same, nobody gets rending hammers but everyone gets S/T5.

I believe this is the intent of the codex, but it also supports RAW (being told to +1 to the profile is open to interpretation).

Also, re:Grimnar's High King. This is going to sound silly, but the rule states the player makes the choice, not Grimnar. (He's inanimate, how could he chose anything?) If all models were restricted to only using their abilities when they were on the field, then all those that allowed set-up bonuses would be out of luck, and Salamanders would have to wait for Vulkan to appear before they exchange chapter tactics. I believe RAW is quite clear on this. At the start of your turn you announce which USR high king will grant. From that point on the profiles of Grimnar and any unit he is with are altered to reflect your choice. It doesn't matter if Grimnar and the unit is on the table or not, or even if they're coming in that turn.

It's a one unit chapter tactic that changes each turn.

By RAW, TWC have Rending on special weapon attacks. As it stands I believe there is no precedence for a model with Rending AND Special Weapons. However as Rending is a special rule no different to Furious Charge. Furious Charge stacks with Special weapons and I see nothing in the rules that says Rending when given to a model in its profile is negated by any special weapons.

This problem arises of course because Rending is a rule listed in the Shooting section and was therefor explained with reference to weaponry which has its full profile laid out without customization possible. And before the SW dex I don't believe customization of CC attacks with Rending was possible either.

By RAW, TWC have Rending on special weapon attacks. As it stands I believe there is no precedence for a model with Rending AND Special Weapons. However as Rending is a special rule no different to Furious Charge. Furious Charge stacks with Special weapons and I see nothing in the rules that says Rending when given to a model in its profile is negated by any special weapons.

There is a precedent for rending special attacks. Shrike. Rending lightning claws. And the Broodlord is rending power weapons.

By RAW, the Thunderwolf Cavalry and Canis rend with their weapons no matter what they are.

I expect FAQ will change it so Cavalry can't get rending special weapons and that a mounted lord gets true strength/toughness 5. Just to keep the 2 consistent.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with some of this.

Last Update: 21 Oct 2009

In an effort to compile questions and answers that the new codex has come up with in a format that is easy to use, as well as being as complete in its answer as possible, I figured we should start up one like we have always had. This follows in the grand tradition that Depthcharge started years ago, that I repeated in the previous edition update, and would like to see maintained again.

Thanks to Oldenhaller for putting the questions together to begin with.

--==[]==--

With regards to ommissions in the codex... until GW releases something to correct it, we use whats PRINTED IN THE CODEX. You have to assume thats how they intended it, and even if not.. what are the odds they are going to fix it? Slim to none I imagine.

Q - Is it an ommision that Frost Blades cannot be used in TDA?

A - No. If they are not listed, until GW FAQ's or Erratas it, no FB for TDA.

Q - Do Thunderwolf mounts add to the base Strength as well as Toughness for the purpose of Thunderhammers/Power Fists

A - No on Toughness. Reference p26 in the rulebook for how Instant Death works, and since any piece of wargear that ups toughness dont count for instant death (and since a Thunderwolf Mount is wargear), I would say no for Strength as well.

Q - Do Fenrisian Wolves taken as wargear make the chaaracter count as part of a unit for the purposes of joining other units/assigning shooting damage

A - No. Unless it says that, its wargear. They are still IC's. The only reason IPs with servitors count as a unit, is because an IP is not an IC.

Q - Is your army allowed more than one Wolf Standard

A - Iffy. I would say no, because that seems to be in the spirit of the rules, but the letter of the rules would imply that you COULD have one per GH pack. My suggestion, avoid the debate, only bring one.

There is nothing to suggest only a single Wolf Standard can be taken.

Q - Does the Wolf Standard affect any 1's rolled http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/style_i.../rte-bold.pngby independent characters who have joinded the Grey Hunters unit

A - "All models in that unit" - Yes, if an IC has joined that unit.

Q - Do Sagas count as wargear

A - They are in the wargear section (look down by the page number), so yes.

Q - Does the +1 from a Frostblade stack if you take more than one

A - Nothing would indiciate that this is the case. Two power fists doesnt let you doube your doubled strength, so I would say no.

Units

Q - Is the Iron Priest an independent character

A - No, that is not listed in his profile.

Q - If the whole Wolf Guard Unit is split to become pack leaders when or is a kill point scored

A - Iffy. I would say that if you were to get a kill point at all (and I dont think you should if they are all pack leaders) you would have to kill every wolf guard in every pack they split into. But, by then, your probably having a pretty bad day anyway, so it wont matter much.

Actually, the rules are clear cut on this. A WG attatched to a pack becomes a member of that squad for all intents and purposes. He, alng with the rest of the Unit is worth 1 Kill Point, and is scoring if Troops. If you have 4 WG, and 3 are attatched to squads then the 4th is a Kill Point in and of himself.

Q - Does Saga of the Iron Wolf's movement increase change the speed which the vehicle is moving at for the purposes of shooting

A - Vehicles shooting is based on what 'speed' they are moving (stationary, combat, cruising). The extra d3" has no bearing on this.

Nope. The extra D3" does count, as it doesn't say it doesn't count. Ergo, a LR that moves 6" then uses the D3" will still be moving at Cruising Speed. However, as a Raider is not a Fast Vehicle, it cannot move "Flat Out" and so will have a potential 15" move followed by an Assault.

Q - Do attacks from Thunderwolf Cav using special weapons still count as rending

A - "and has the Rending speical rule in close combat with any attack that does not use a special close combat weapon" p62 C:SW

Q - Is the transport capacity of Drop Pods and Land Raiders correct at 10

A - If its in print in the codex, thats what we use..

Q - Is it an ommision that Skyclaws cannot have a Wolf Guard Pack Leader

A - Maybe, but until GW clarifies, they can not join skyclaw packs.

Q - Is it an ommision that Both Blood Claws and Swiftclaw Bike Packs cannot have MotW

A - Maybe. Unlikely though, as they are 'too young' for it to have shown itself yet. If they did, they would get tossed in a Skyclaw pack, which does have MotW available.

Q - Can wolf guard in terminator armor get meltabombs?

A - They list melta bombs as an option, and dont restrict it to power armor, so yes, Terminators can carry Melta Bombs with the way the codex is written.

Named Characters

Q - Does Arjak's thrown thunderhammer 'Stun' his opponents as per thunderhammer CC attacks

A - "The Foehammer is a Thunder Hammer that can be used as a ranged weapon with the following profile:" - Yes.

No, as the ranged weapon is a seperate profile.

Q - Can Arjak re-roll to hit rolls with his thrown hammer vs independent characters

A - Yes. He can reroll all failed to hits against ICs or Monstrous Creatures, it never specified that this is only in close combat.. so all failled to hits can be rerolled.

Q - Does Njal's Lord of the Tempest take affect upon a turn he doesn't start on the table

A - Unclear, though I would be inclined to say no, as usually any model off of the table can not affect the table.

Q - Can Logan Grimnar give a USR to a unit if they do not begin the turn on the table

A - You chose the skill from "The High King" at the beginning of the turn, so if the unit is not on the table when you choose, than no. If they come out at the beginning of the turn before he chooses, and they are on the table when you get to him, than yes. Its all in the order you choose to do things.

Q - How can Lucas the Trickster have attacks targetted against him if he is not an independent character

A - Thats a good one. p39 of the BBB details allocating wounds. Any that are on him are subject to his rules.

for it.

He can't.

Q - Does Arjak Rockfist have to assign all of his close combat attacks against independent characters if able

A - Yes, as detailed in his rules.

Q - If there are more than one independent character does he duel one of them or split his attacks

A - As long as they are directed to an IC, if possible, your good. You choose which IC.

Q - If fighting against another Space Wolf army does the Wolf Helm of Russ allow both armies to re-roll Ld checks

A - I would say no, though rules lawers might try to argue against that. Generally special items like that only apply to your army, even if both are technically the 'same'. Since you will be playing another SW player, if he tries to pull this BS, feel free to break a beer bottle over his head and call him a cheesey git if he (she) does so.. and tell them I told you to do it. :)

For the same reasons that Locator Beacons don't work for an enemy SM player, no. Unless specified, these things only affect your army.

Q - Do Logan Grimnar's Wolf Guard which count as troops also count as scoring units?

A - Yes they do - they count as troops in all respects.

Q - Does Bjorn get a saving throw against psychic shooting attacks from both his Wolf Tail Taalisman and his Ward of the Primarch save

A - Yes. First you roll to nullify, then you get invulnerable saves (if they apply)

Q - Why cant Lukas the Trickster use a jump pack?

A - Because fluff does not equal rules. Simply put, the option of giving him a jump pack does not exist... perhaps if his description allowed you to upgrade a bloodclaw OR skyclaw to Lukas.. but it doesnt.

Q - Can Bjorn the Fellhanded get a drop pod?

A - Unfortunately, no. He has no transport options listed in his entry. Bjorn will be walking wherever he goes.

Psychic Powers

Q - Does Leaders of the Pack prevent Runepriests from having the same two psychic powers

A - Yes, its spelled out in "Leaders of the Pack".

Q - Does JotWW affect the Rune Priest

A - "Starting from the Rune Priest" (emphasis mine) would imply that the line doesnt actually touch him. That, and commonse sense. So no.

Q - Is JotWW the width of the Runepriest's base

A - No. Its a straight line. If you have to quibble over the width of the line, then move the line so there is no question. Lazer levels are good for this.

Q - Can shooting Psychic powers be used from a transport vehicle with firepoints

A - Yes, per BBB p.66 under Fire Points.

Q - Can JotWW be used from a vehicle as it touches a vehicle

A - Unclear, as it starts from the Rune Priest. I would clarify with your opponent or gaming group before using it like that.

Q - Do AoE Psychic powers measure from the hull of a transport vehicle

A - BRB : "If the players need to measure a range involving the embarked unit (except for its shooting), this range is measured to or from the vehicle's hull."

Q - Does JotWW affect battlesuits as Infantry or Jump Infantry

A - Jetpacks (battlesuits) are Jump Infantry. p. 52 in BBB.

Q - Does JotWW have to have a target

A - It doesnt mention needing a target in the description, simply to draw a line and models touched by the line test.

Q - Does Murdous Hurricane affect only units deep striking within 24" of the rune priest using the power or all units listed as individual cases

A - Murderous Hurricane does not mention anything about deep striking. Maybe you are thinking of Tempest's Wrath? In that case, your question makes no sense, as the power is pretty clear.

I would like to point out here that Canis has Fangir listed as wargear, but on his unit entry and in the fluff area. and here i go

Fangir is a monstrous Thunderwolf... Canis has an improved profile as a result of riding Fangir to battle. The characteristics bonuses are included in his profile above.

so taking Canis as an example, if you were to remove Fangir (TWM) then his profile would be as follows

• WS 5
  • BS 2
  • S 4
  • T 4
  • W 3
  • I 5
  • A 4
  • LD 8
  • SV 3+

so following this example if you were to add Fangir (TWM) to a wolf lord his profile would modify to

• WS 6
  • BS 5
  • S 5
  • T 5
  • W 3
  • I 5
  • A 5
  • LD 10
  • SV 3+

I would like to point out here that Canis has Fangir listed as wargear, but on his unit entry and in the fluff area. and here i go

Fangir is a monstrous Thunderwolf... Canis has an improved profile as a result of riding Fangir to battle. The characteristics bonuses are included in his profile above.

so taking Canis as an example, if you were to remove Fangir (TWM) then his profile would be as follows

• WS 5
  • BS 2
  • S 4
  • T 4
  • W 3
  • I 5
  • A 4
  • LD 8
  • SV 3+

so following this example if you were to add Fangir (TWM) to a wolf lord his profile would modify to

• WS 6
  • BS 5
  • S 5
  • T 5
  • W 3
  • I 5
  • A 5
  • LD 10
  • SV 3+

The problem with this argument *though note, I tend to agree with where its headed* is that the wargear is "Fangir" not "Thunderwolf mount". Its much like how Kossaro Khan rides "Moondrakken" wich happens to be a SM bike, but isnt JUST a SM bike.

but for wargear you go by the description for its rules, IE. a thunder hammer doubles your strength, and stuns...Arjac has foerender. Its not JUST a thunderhammer, its foerender. it has an added profile to make his different. Fangir is NOT just Fangir, its a Thunderwolf. It gives Canis an improved profile, it just happens to have a name

Just a quick question to see if others agree with me.

Are you allowed to use the wolf banner to re-roll a 1 for the D3 charge bonus ragnar bestows on a unit? I would say yes, because you can activate the banner at the beginning of your turn (it doesn't exactly say when, but I presume you are allowed to activate it any time you want) and you roll the D3 when you charge which takes place in the assault phase.

Cheers,

Baru

but for wargear you go by the description for its rules, IE. a thunder hammer doubles your strength, and stuns...Arjac has foerender. Its not JUST a thunderhammer, its foerender. it has an added profile to make his different. Fangir is NOT just Fangir, its a Thunderwolf. It gives Canis an improved profile, it just happens to have a name

*Shrugs* And its a valid argument, but because its name it may not operate like others- as you noted, foerender has additional rules that go along with that name, Fangirs addition may be that the extra T and S go right to the profile, as opposed to being parenthetical.

Kind of like how its open to debate if the gauntlet of the forge is "as a heavy flamer" or just is a heavy flamer, and thus twin linked.

Personally, I think based on the C:Daemons examples, and that of Canis, it should go right in... but I can see the arguments that it doesnt, and Im going to play devils advocate tell I can find something etched in plasteel.

Here is another Q on Logan:

If I take Logan, all wolfguard becomes troops, right?

So if I want to field grey hunters and have a "leader" in each squad, I would only get five troop choices in the force organisation chart?

Like this: I buy 5x9 grey hunters. and

1x5 wolfguards (one unit) that will go as "leaders"

Now I will have filled all my FoC slots for troops, but ends up with 5 units??

If I don´t have Logan in my army, I could take 6 units of grey hunters and add a wg from elite...

To me this feels wierd... It would make more sense if wolfguards under Logan and Fenrisian wolves under Canis would be "and/or" when choosing your force.

Here is another Q on Logan:

If I take Logan, all wolfguard becomes troops, right?

So if I want to field grey hunters and have a "leader" in each squad, I would only get five troop choices in the force organisation chart?

Like this: I buy 5x9 grey hunters. and

1x5 wolfguards (one unit) that will go as "leaders"

Now I will have filled all my FoC slots for troops, but ends up with 5 units??

If I don´t have Logan in my army, I could take 6 units of grey hunters and add a wg from elite...

To me this feels wierd... It would make more sense if wolfguards under Logan and Fenrisian wolves under Canis would be "and/or" when choosing your force.

Yes, that's how it works, Logan "unfortunately" lets you have ld9 Grey hunters and 3 dreadnoughts. Something you can't do without him. It can't all be about benefits, you know.

Archived