Dark Apostle & Terminator Retinue

The Prophet

Hi guys!

I’m so happy, since I finally finished my main spare time work for this autumn, i.e. six csm terminators with 23 swappable arms – weapons for all occasions!

Now there is little time left to finish the rest of my army for this year, but still I’m proud that I finally did something at least.

If you want to see them unpainted, here is a link to the WIP thread:

WB Terminators WIP

All comments are welcome!

First some group photos:

med_gallery_25850_1043_39144.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_60128.jpg

The Dark Apostle:

med_gallery_25850_1043_21495.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_4971.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_34645.jpg

The Aspiring Champion:

med_gallery_25850_1043_29948.jpg

The Zealot:

gallery_25850_1043_50042.jpg

The Guardian:

med_gallery_25850_1043_46362.jpg

The Coryphaeus:

med_gallery_25850_1043_11942.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_24078.jpg

The Headsmasher (?):

med_gallery_25850_1043_42888.jpg

The full squad:

gallery_25850_1043_45742.jpg

Arm-y pic:

med_gallery_25850_1043_87703.jpg

Thank you for watching!

Very Impressive, the idea is great, the conversions are very well executed, and the painting is superb, you have all the reasons in the world to be happy.

I really like the chaplain, he looks chaotic enough and still looks like a chaplain. A lot of dark apostles i have seen where just chaos lords with a crozius.

Thanks!

They will probably not see much battle this year, but I plan on massive conflicts in january :D

Very Impressive, the idea is great, the conversions are very well executed, and the painting is superb, you have all the reasons in the world to be happy.

I really like the chaplain, he looks chaotic enough and still looks like a chaplain. A lot of dark apostles i have seen where just chaos lords with a crozius.

Thanks! I try hard to avoid the spiky bits version of chaos and try to give my minis a more fanatical religious touch.

Ah! The Holy Word Bearers. Very nice conversion work and paintjobs. I can see them now, preaching the righteous word of the Gods, especially with the speaker units on that termie. The Apostle came out brilliantly too. I have been waiting to see a decent take on converting that model to Chaos.

Very nice. I'm working on my Word Bearer models. I can't wait to have enough done so I can post them. Time is very limited for me. You, like so many others, are a fount of inspiration.

How did you do your tabards and extra "unholy" seals?

Thanks for all nice comments!

Very nice. I'm working on my Word Bearer models. I can't wait to have enough done so I can post them. Time is very limited for me. You, like so many others, are a fount of inspiration.

How did you do your tabards and extra "unholy" seals?

Nice to see a fellow zealot! I make the tabards and the impurity seals with green stuff. I find GS to be the best putty when making these "soft materials". Trying a few times is the key to success here ;)

Here's another from me... stunning modelling, colour scheme, painting and execution. An excellent squad of models indeed. Can't wait to see further Word Bearers coming forth.

Cheers

I

now these are the kinda models I would wish my brand new WB Terminators would turn out like. amazing and noticable. i bow to you sir and respect the work you put on these. though i wish to ask what pieces did you use to make all the different combat weapons. for one that spear is amazing and i am very curious what you used to make it.

Lovely work, truly worthy of the Dark Gods.

A suggestion re: The Headmasher. He looks kind of like an 'enforcer' type, ready to crack some heads together in the name of his master. Just a thought?

irongaze, I thought I was fearless before I saw that picture! ^_^

now these are the kinda models I would wish my brand new WB Terminators would turn out like. amazing and noticable. i bow to you sir and respect the work you put on these. though i wish to ask what pieces did you use to make all the different combat weapons. for one that spear is amazing and i am very curious what you used to make it.

Thanks! I have some more WIP shots that will be a bit more helpful I think...

The Hammer:

This is the easiest conversion, but one I like a lot. The top is from a fantasy chaos warrior hammer, and the rest is from one of the plastic chaos lord axe, joined together with some brown stuff, as well as on the top.

med_gallery_25850_1043_39581.jpg

The Glaive:

The arm and the long stick is the staff from the CSM Terminator Lord box, while the blade and wire attached to it is cut from the plastic reaper autocannon. Just a bit of BS work.

med_gallery_25850_1043_10324.jpg

The Scimitar:

The Scimitar is made from the Deathwing Power Sword in the Dark Angel Veterans box. As you can see from the pictures below, I have filed down one side of it, removed and changed the hilt with brown stuff, and made the jewel with green stuff.

gallery_25850_1043_8240.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_16680.jpg

The Accursed Crozius:

The main arm bit 'D' is the standard power mace, which is prolonged with 'B' a skeleton warrior spear, around which I have put 'F' green stuff. The head 'A' is a fantasy chaos warrior icon with a bit of 'C' brown stuff to smooth the edges and complete the circle of the icon. The pommel 'E' is something unknown I found in my bits box.

med_gallery_25850_1043_18297.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality, I guess I work in the darkness...

So...what can we expect next? Really digging these guys!

Apart for some boring rhinos and not so beautiful obliterators, I work on my cathedral from time to time which I hopefully will be able to post here in some distant future. Two land raiders and some zealots (counts-as-berzerkers) are on the gathering stage as well. But considering how slow I am, you will have to wait for quite some time...

Very cool, I particularly like the use of the Terminator Chaplain model for the Dark Apostle. Subtle but very nice conversions and a very clean and sweet looking paint job. Awesome models!

Archived