Sanguinius

slaine69

I been working on this one for a while but could never figure out how to make the colours work without them looking messy, but I've started using non destructive layers lately witch really helps to tie a picture together

hope you guys like it

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/002/6/4/Sanguinius_by_slaine69.jpg

I'm pretty sure Sanguinius was always the calm cool and collected Primarch, he had foresight so he was rarely surprised this allowed him to stay calm and not worry and avoid stress. No stress-no worries, no worries-no anger, no anger-no hate, no hate-no suffering :)

If I remember correctly.

Other than that its some great art, can't quite tell if the marines on the bottom are Blood Angels or not though, they need some BA iconography or more color.

I'm pretty sure Sanguinius was always the calm cool and collected Primarch, he had foresight so he was rarely surprised this allowed him to stay calm and not worry and avoid stress. No stress-no worries, no worries-no anger, no anger-no hate, no hate-no suffering ;)

He is just giving his troops a rousing speach, he's not angry, just inspirational ;)

That is one of the best pictures of Sanguinius I have seen, a perfect mix of angel and warrior, and his wings actually look large enough for him (one of my personal gripes is small wings) :blink:

Only issue for me is the sword of the guy in the foreground; is it just me or is narrow at the base then at the tip? Or is it not quite straight? Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me of course...

Anyway, lovely work, will keep my eyes peeled for more!

Cheers

Only issue for me is the sword of the guy in the foreground; is it just me or is narrow at the base then at the tip? Or is it not quite straight? Might just be my eyes playing tricks on me of course...

Anyway, lovely work, will keep my eyes peeled for more!

Cheers

Swords in the past have been meade wider towards the end, this gives them more wieght in the end, designed for cleaving and decapitating actions :(

Very nice artwork there, excelent work!

My one point of contention is that with Sanguinius so large, yet so far in the background compared to the marines in the foreground he looks like he might be easily 4-6 times the size of an average marine. Primarchs are big, but not THAT big, he'd come up to a Warhound's chin at that rate.

Other than that I really like this piece, looks great. ;)

Amazing image!

As always you make absolutely stunning works of art slaine69!

Thank you once more for your work on Nestir V.

The only thing with this image is that Sanguinius seems to be to big in relation to the others, but we could brush that off to artistic lisence or maybe even value perspective.

All in all very well done and Im not really sure this image even needs more colour.

Keep it up! ;)

:)

*Hivefive*

That front marine holding the sword looks a little on the cartoony side. Kind of like a 3rd or 2nd ed marine pic. I say more dead marines!!!!!

You know what? This should be one of those motivational poster thingys. "You know you're awesome when you sprout wings."

Woah woah hold up... I see something wrong with the picture. Is it just me, or is Sanguinius the size of a titan? slaine, you've got the perspectives wrong. He is standing on a rock cliff that is way bigger than a marine and is in the background, father back than the farthest marine. Sanguinius is not only bigger than the rock cliff, but he is bigger than or almost as big as the front most marine. Don't get me wrong, the picture is amazing sauce. Just thought I'd give you that tidbit.

see when i look at that i saw it as an amalgamation of three pics, the one of sanguinuss, then the spamce amrines and then the battle scene in the left corner... might have that worng, and obviously if it is one continuos scene then yeah he is overly large.

Great painting skills there though, awesome gritty pic. love it

Archived