The Iron Gauntlet DIY Challenge - 2010

Brother Argent

I, Perry T, of the Wolverines take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I, Daer'dd, of the Stalking Bears take up the DIY Challenge. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

My first post, long time lurker, I am glad I finally have the time to start posting, and take part of this awesome challenge.

All will be explained in due time.

How long's that? I'm impatient

Not long now...

Any updates on when we're getting the next Challenge started? I've finally got my mini's and I'm eager to get on with them! :)

Any updates on when we're getting the next Challenge started? I've finally got my mini's and I'm eager to get on with them! :woot:

As much as I agree with you, I'm hoping that if it's the modelling challenge that it wont start until April 1st, mostly cause of the LPC.

I get what you're saying, Ferrus, although I don't think it would really hurt to have a little overlap. Presumably the painting part of the IG will go on for a period at least as long as the IA writing part, so everyone should still have plenty of time.

In all honesty, it's more that I couldn't get my stuff in time to sign up for the LPC :blush: and I'm really hoping not to have to wait too long to get started on my mini's (seriously, the thought of waiting til April for a glueing/painting fix is scary! B) )

Ah well, I guess we'll just have to wait for SP to tell us what he's got planned....

I, Capitano, of the Ultra Templar take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail. Please leave or PM me a link to your Chapter so I can update the first post.

Good day everyone and all.

If it is not too late then I'll add my helmet into the ring.

I, Jorgen Tagg, of the Black Razor take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I'll add the link as soon as possible.

Good luck to all.

Thanks to those whom are still taking up the Challenge. I beleive at least one of the challengers has already been accepted into the Librarium. The Second challenge will be starting soon. I'll update the first page when the Challenge starts. Stay tuned guys and remember, the grumpy veteran is watching...

Just a note to say that I was going to declare the start of the second Challenge today, being 2 months on from the start of the first one and thusly half way through it but due to unforseen work commitments the challenge will not begin until tomorrow afternoon. So for those waiting to get painting, you only have a couple of days more to wait.

Challenge the Second

The old veteran sniffs disdainfully as you recount the details of your Chapter. " Well, thats all good and fine, child, but you will have to do more then just talk to impress me. Show me what your brothers look like then. Lets see some of your men!"

Okay so with Challenge the First well and truly at the half way point I'm laying out the second Challenge. Athough I was going to delay this till after the Librarium Painting Challenge I thought I'd start it now, baring in mind that it to will go for four months, so three months after the LPC.

The object of this challenge is for challengers to paint up a playable army for their Chapter. Like the previous Challenge this challenge will be ranked with three levels, listed as follows:

Bronze Helm - Paint and base 500pts of your DIY Chapter

Silver Helm - Paint and Base 1000pts of your DIY Chapter

Gold Helm - Paint and base 1850pts (tournament size) of your DIY Chapter.

Note these models must be based and painted to a minimum of three colour standard, that is three or more colours on the model and base. Also note 2 or more WIP updates should be posted in the WIP Forum Thread.

For those not rule savy (thus not points savy) feel free to PM me for what sort of units can be used to quickly and easily amass the required points.

The Deadline for this Challenge will be the 7th of July 2010, so again four months.

As with all Challenges you are not required to participate in all five of the Challenges to recieve award sigs for other challenges. To register your interest in this challenge please make the following vow:

I, <Insert name here> of the <insert Chapter name here> accept your second challenge and vow to paint fully and base <insert points amount> pts of my Chapter before July 7th. I vow to post two or more WIP updates in the appropriate thread. I will also vow to help my brothers and sisters in the challenge with their vows. May the Emperor <or Dark Gods> curse me if I should fail.

If people have any questions or queries feel free to post here or PM me. Oh and please post a quick run down of what you ate going to paint. Just put what sort of unit and their points, just so we can keep you accountable :tu:

Have fun and good luck in the Challenge.

EDIT: I hope this makes sense, its fairly late and I'm quite tired at the moment.

I, captainawsm of the Templars Furioso, accept your second challenge and vow to paint fully and base 1850 pts of my Chapter before July 7th. I vow to post two or more WIP updates in the appropriate thread. I will also vow to help my brothers and sisters in the challenge with their vows. May the Emperor curse me if I should fail.

I, Ferrus Manus of the Arctic Lions accept your second challenge and vow to paint fully and base min 500, max 1850 pts of my Chapter before July 7th. I vow to post two or more WIP updates in the appropriate thread. I will also vow to help my brothers and sisters in the challenge with their vows. May the Emperor damn me if I should fail.

I, Maleagant of the Archangels Chapter accept your second challenge and vow to paint fully and base 1850 pts of my Chapter before July 7th. I vow to post two or more WIP updates in the appropriate thread. I will also vow to help my brothers and sisters in the challenge with their vows. May the Emperor curse me if I should fail.

I've been looking through the IA entries for the Iron Gauntlet challenge, and I was wondering if any of them are going to include a Chapter Symbol?

Mine has one, why I have not accepted the 2nd challenge yet, still working on a way to put it on the shoulders.

Archived