Guitar Hero

Brevik

Hi all, managed to get three of these bad boys from a couple of sources (one needs a bit of cosmetic work), this is how far I've got with the first one:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/brevikesq/WH40K/Chaos/NoiseMarine1WIP-Front.jpghttp://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/brevikesq/WH40K/Chaos/NoiseMarine1WIP-Back.jpg

The whole time I've been painting this chap I've had "hair rock" going through my head, particularly Whitesnakes "Here I go again" - I'm not sure if this is good or bad...

Pretty much all I've got left to do is base him, unless anyone thinks there's something missing/needs changing?

All comments and criticism welcome.

Regards,

B

Cheers for all the comments guys, much appreciated! (There was huge temptation to go all Bill and Ted or Wayne's World in my reply, but I have resisted).

I wish they'd done some more like this one, it's totally different to what they've created since as noise marines, and feels all "Old School" Games Workshop.

I'll crack on with the next one soon, but I'm not sure about colours - obviously the purple, black and gold stays, but it's guitar, plume and shoulder pad that need some thought.

So far I'm thinking:

1 x Noise Marine with Black plume, black guitar and tiger skin shoulder pad, with white KISS style made up helmet (still trying to decide about the helmet)

1 x Noise Marine with Bone colour plume, white guitar and leopard skin shoulder pad

I want to try and avoid going crazy with the colours, and keep them reasonably similar, without being too uniform - if that makes sense?

I'm going to have two standard-ish Chaos Marines (roadies?) in slightly less flamboyant colours - predominantly purple and black with gold trim, armed with bolters.

But what to do about an Aspiring Champion? The current metal Emperor's Children Lord doesn't really fit the theme (he's "Gothic choral" rather than hard rock, and I don't want some sort of Evanescence vibe going on)- so any ideas, suggestions or left-field weirdness would be great.

Regards,

B

That Noise Marine looks superb!

The KISS idea sounds interesting. I think that with a fine detail brush you should be able to make a decent job of it.

As for Aspiring Champion ides - how about a drum riser? A Champion sitting dehind a huge pile of daemon infested drums (counts-as mark of slaneesh?)

He looks great! and what a coincidence, I was actually listening to Whitesnake as i clicked on this topic!

The Idea for the Kiss marine sounds amazing and i cant wait to see how you go about painting the others.

The old Noise Marines are awsome and this cat is definately in the zone! Well done!

Severus6 (Who is a true child of the 80's and still wont let his wife throw away his old concert T-shirts.)

Thanks again everyone. :P

Lestat, that sounds a great idea - that would also sound great sat on top of a rhino, or as the source of power for a predator turret weapon? I'm now thinking of modelling the doom siren as a shoulder mounted speaker weapon of some sort, with cabling straight from the facemask to the weapon, or a some sort of microphone held in a hand.

Apologies Brother Duncs - but you could have worse songs stuck in your head... :(

Severus6 - good memories should never be thrown away.

The second of these guys has been stripped, and is about to be based and undercoated - need a new rock track to paint this guy to, or at least to have stuck in my head... :P

Probably my favourite mini ever, been trying to get hold of one but they go for stupid money on ebay. The shading on the helmet is sick, only thing I would say is the greaves don;t complement the purple too well imo. I reckon either make the greaves purple as well, or make them contrast more [leopard skin?] Otherwise awesome mini.

For the champion I would use the doom siren, cut down a banner pole and add the little chaos icon to the top like a hand held mic.

That's a damn good idea, RedAxe - I'm going to use that. I'm still trawling the web for pictures of the right looking speaker to turn into a weapon - I'd like to attach it to one of the spurs of the backpack and have it stick out past the head - at least past his ear anyway, otherwise he's likely to kill himself with his own weapon, not to mention some crazy ass feedback...

If I get the time I'll knock up a quick sketch and post it here.

Tyrannosaurus - You're probably right, but I'm going to leave this one as he is - mainly because it took me damn ages to get the black anywhere near presentable. I'll look at something different for the others though.

Speaking of the others - this is what I want to do for the helmet of the next one:

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080626/300.simmons.kiss.062608.jpg

(courtesy of this webpage: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/b2358_gene_...s_of_death.html)

I reckon I can pull that off... :huh:

Regards,

B

Archived