My LPC Grey Knights

Malladrius

Well here are things as they stand. I have the terminator squad, all five of them built and ready for priming. Their power armored brethren however, have hit a bit of a snag. I have seven of them total, but the incinerator marine, and the nemesis force weapon arm of one of the others came deformed. So I have sent an email to GW customer service to get it fixed. Hoping for a response from them at some point... :ermm:

Anyway here are the knights:

gallery_46100_4484_3051223.jpg The psycannons are magnetized for swapping.

gallery_46100_4484_1259400.jpg Still building the fifth member of the squad

gallery_46100_4484_1678567.jpg I've tried straightening him out but the entire model is bent from top to bottom

gallery_46100_4484_466776.jpg Looks like this arm didn't get enough metal in the mould

Hoping to have an update with primed knights in the next week or so. I'll post as soon as they're done

Edit: Spelling

Edit 2: If you guys want to see individual pictures of the knights, they are located here.

Sucks that they've been so abused.. I agree with Fracture, take them to a GW store if you have one nearby, of not the mail GW is the thing to do, they will ask for your name/adress etc etc, set up an account for you and then mail it to you. It's what I did when I got an Irolclad with no front to the sarc. Got one in the mail a week and a half later free of charge.

GK are sweet figs, oking forward to seeing some paint on 'em bad boys!

I wish I could take them to the local GW store only problem is it's a good two hour drive to the nearest one. The closest one to me closed a couple years ago. :( Hopefully I get a response from them soon, if not I'll have to press on without them.

Well it can take them a while, I sent them an email, about 4 days later I got an reply to send my personal information. 3 weeks later I sent a mail asking about the progress, to which they replied: We've never heard of you, send you information again. *twitch*

Sent it again, got no response, but 1,5 weeks later I had an Ironclad in the mail box.

It might take some time and some fuss, but they tend to get it done. The biggest plus is that I managed to konvert the ironclad with plasticard, so I got two of them.

I'd say just start on the terminators or the other guys for now and by the time you get them done you should have the parts you need.

cheers!

My incinerator PA GK looks exactly like that, I tried bending it straight but I don't have a tool that can grasp something long like that without damaging the sculpt. The weapon is thick, too, so it doesn't bend that easily.

I've been inspired by this thread to see if they'll replace him.

Mini Update!

I've finished building the last power armored grey knight.

gallery_46100_4484_1690492.jpg Here he is.

And now the squad looks like this:

gallery_46100_4484_2838676.jpg

That's all for now. I have two more exams to get through and then a long weekend without work, so expect progress then. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

In response to the malformed incinerator... they are all like that or atleast all the ones i have were.and i got all of mine at different times so i just came to assume it was a genral problem and just fixed it myself.

Mabey it was just one batch and i just got unlucky but all 3 of mine were the same.

I'm hoping they will be able to get me an unbent one, if not i'll just have to deal with whatever fix I can get on him. As for paint, they're going to be silver (surprise surprise) with gold inlays, and there will be some dark red and black floating around somewhere. Probably on the heraldry and chapter insignia. The silver is going to be a boltgun metal basecoat, with mithril silver highlights and probably a wash over that once I figure out which type I want to go for. The gold will be dwarf bronze with shining gold highlights and then a delvan mud wash. I have one question on the silver though, what do you guys think? Should I undercoat the models with adeptus battlegrey or just paint the boltgun metal over black primer?

Update! I went outside today and primed the knights. There's a little bit of touch up work to do with a paintbrush to finish the undercoat but other than that they are ready for paint.

gallery_46100_4484_948777.jpg

The Brother Captain's Psycannon is in the bottom middle of the picture. The stormbolter arm happened to be stuck on him when i took the picture.

gallery_46100_4484_1955588.jpg

The, for now, Black Knights. "It's just a flesh wound!"

I should have time this weekend to get some paint on them. Still trying to decide whether to use the foundation grey or just start with boltgun metal. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Painting is still chugging along trying to figure out how i want to paint the weapons. Today I was greeted with quite a surprise when i opened up my email. Games workshop customer service finally responded 3 weeks after i sent them an email. They are sending me replacements and hopefully i will have those soon.

Here's what I have done so far:

gallery_46100_4484_1138350.jpg

The armor is just the boltgun metal basecoat. I still need to highlight and wash that. The gold is dwarf bronze, highlighted shining gold and washed with delvan mud. I will probably be adding a very light drybrushing of shining gold onto those to finish them.

Glad to hear that GW is giving you your dues brother, told you they'd take time, but get it done in the end :)

It's simply cheaper for GW to cough up the extra model to a customer, since they know that a happy customer = buying a lot more expensive plastic/metal :P

I usually go with flesh wash as a second paint over my gold, as this really makes all the details pop up, and I think it would be ideal on such finely detailed models as the GK ( with all the script and whatnot ).

Once you get some bad@$$ black/black ink over the metal that will make a world of difference as all the details will come flying out :)

Keep going! :(

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Sorry about the total lack of updates in the last month or so. Had a death in the family and things have been turned on their head for quite a while now. Just starting to get back to work on my knights. Five are basecoated and one is nearly complete. Looks like it's time to put it into overdrive and finish before the end of the month. I should be able to start getting updates out again this week.

• 3 weeks later...

THEY ARE FINISHED!!!! Pics to follow in a minute or two have to upload them.

EDIT: Here they are!

gallery_46100_4484_848483.jpg Terminators

gallery_46100_4484_556813.jpg Power Armored Grey Knights

Sorry for the bad pictures i have currently. I will get some more up after school tomorrow but it's late and my head is fried. Thanks to everyone for all the comments and help along the way. I feel like I have really improved as a painter over this challenge and look forward to continuing to get better!

Thanks again,

Malladrius

Archived