All Terminator Space Wolf Guard

This is a long story, but I won't be tripping over words trying to explain why or how I am doing what I'm doing now.

But, suffice to say: My sisters of battle are still in their non-paintable or playable "being cast stage" so they won't be ready for the February League. So I must, despite my best affections for my sisters CHEAT on them with another army.

Since I have less that 3 weeks to finish and paint 800pts before the first league "Painting Check" I've chosen to have a go at making an army completely in contrast with the Sisters of Battle...

Sisters of battle are:

Points Effective

Have Great Transport Options

Use Faith Points

Have Few "underpowered" but Points effective HQ choices

Do NOT wear terminator armor.

In order to countermand all of these bullet points I now take my vow.

I, Kid Famous, The Punch of the works in progress forum vow on the honour of my Human Reproductive organs, to paint and present at least 15 WOLF GAURD TERMINATORS, 1 RUNE PRIEST, 1 LOGAN GRIMNAR on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

So I will be fielding the fewest models to save time, but I will be converting Them from stock termies, and I am doing some other modifications...you know every army has to have a THEME.

And I have an AWESOME THEME in mind.

Grimnar and the Wolf Priest will probably be mostly hand sculpted and there will be heavy conversions of the Termies.

Don't Get Mad YET!

I will have pictures saturday, and I will have concept art later today probably.

:mellow:

You know how things sometimes can get out of hand?

Well. Things HAVE.

First I drew all these during my two classes today, because college is boring (right?).

Here's some concept arts for my new Wolfgaurd Terminator army.

Including a sketch for my Rune Priest.

Sorry about the pencil reflection.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/wolfgirls1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/wolfgirl4.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/wolfgirl3.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/wolfgirl2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/wolfgirls5.jpg

;)

The last drawing is about the supposed sound woof claws make when swiped. Since I had a long discussion about it

with Big Mike, And then I talked about how I would operate duel woof claws. The "Hate-o-Cane!"

Just spin my arms really hard, really fast and RELENTLESSly plow forward across the table.

I even have 5 of these Wolf Gaurd done, but no cameras at school, so I'll have to take pics this weekend.

Comments Concerns, Questions welcome. :lol:

soo, the fisrt pic i was like... looks like a dude on the left, but the one on the right has some feminie looking hair... oh well second one looks more like a dude with just long hair...

ooo, ok, third one there female space wolves... :(

ok... there NAKED...female space wolves :o (but inside :( ... because its just something that would not seem space wolfy)

all in all though, there to tag team with youre sisters so, im interested in seeing what you do with this... lol

Hey, the drawings are great, and I hope the models will be just as good. As far as the female-marine hate, thats something thats been around this board as long as I have been a member, I think (or hope) that people are done with it, after all its a game, and people are encouraged to do what they like. :blush:

I do think them being half-naked is a little OTTT

Yes, i do understand the "girl" marines thing doesn't (in the fluff) work. so it's more like an alternate dimension, or "what if" or Just for fun. :D

As far as the nudity, well they will be covered up. Just for the kids at home.

And really I'm not trying to justify this to fluff. But a bunch of people where shooting up ideas for me. like "oh, dude paint my blood angels, and play them" or "just play your space sharks again" or "just find all your metal cadians."

And I just through out "All terminators" and Big Mike said there were only 2 ways to do that now, dark angels and logan grimnar. And then in a loud stupid voice I proclaimed that i was playing all terminators and that they would be girls.

i guess i just thought it would look cool, and by a change from the man's world that 40k seems to be.

not that I don't appreciate a good bad ass.

like Strakken, or Yarrick, or....Strakken?

thanks for all your support so far, I'll make sure i paint them really well. And I'll show some cool woof boyz conversions you can do yourself! Even if your woof boyz, are boyz ;D

I like the idea of female Space Wolves. Usually I would say stick with the fluff of the 40k universe, but as an avid artist (and art student in college... I feel your pain), sometimes it's refreshing to see a unique twist on something that's been done (and Space Wolves as they are in fluff have BEEN DONE). I say go for it! And definitely post pictures!

This looks like it will be interesting... Very interesting. I'll be watching this.

btw; I'd think about stating the 'alternative universe'/humour theme of this army in the first post, or fem marine fans will start to lick your boots, and fluff nazis will start to rage, and they will collide in an all consuming mass that will utterly obliterate your thread.

See, it's what I didn't want to the thread to become. Some hate ball of maximum hateitude.

Just an awesome project of super-human wolf-ladies.

:)

This is an awesome project of super-human wolf-ladies. Full speed ahead.

Hmm so my friend's roommate has been borrying his camera for like a week now. I can't really say anything because, it's not my camera.

What's that old adage? "Beggars can't be losers?"

Anyway. I just got a new phone, because I broke my old one, and I had to buy a new one.

Too Much Data.

So I took some crappy camera phone pictures of the 7 Woof Girl-a-Nators and Rune Priest (Wolf-o-mancer) that I have made so far.

To tantalize I guess. (And I need a WIP up by now :) )

I've decided that I am going to name each member of my entire army. And give them 2 sentence backstories like the termiez from

Space Hulk? Rad! I know!

Alright. Some blurry pictures of hot terminator girl action, that's too raw for modern camera phones.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/123123.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/23123.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/pirrrl2.jpg

So far the rune priest is looking REALLY Nice. Far right first pic.

I'm thinking Living Lightning And Jaws of the Wolf Wolf.

As far as the arms of my termina-grrls. Well they haven't arrived yet.

I sent out for a big bitz order from www.bitzbarn.com and that was last thurdsay.

It's almost taken a week to get.

Which isn't much of a problem considering how cheap they sell stuff.

But I had also ordered a bunch of green stuff to finish these girls up, and finish thunder wolf boyz.

But I'm still waiting on it, I have like less than a half an inch a GW green stuff pack left, and I just exhausted my last old green stuff.

I don't want to cut into my pro-create because they are already green.

Hmmm, if you think of anything cool I should be doing, let me know! Like an idea for a member of the wolf gaurd, or army list opinions.

I have an 800 pt list drawn up but, I'm still going to lose really really bad.

Well Until real pictures are up Friday, I'll see you later.

Hey hey hey, looking good my friend!

I like the thought of fluff for each character, I'm planing on doing the same thing for my 1st company sergeants as they get painted. Deff adds a lot to the experience.

Waiting for more, and bigger pics! :D

they look nice so far, I am making one too :P if you don't mind....

not at all, totally post her up ;)

Then send her over i'm going to need another 300pts worth at the end of march ;D.

i'm thinking either more termies, or maybe some wolf scouts. All in stalking crawling positions with knives strapped all over them, with big wolf pelts camoflaugeing them against thier snow bases. :)

yeah, those pics hella suck. I'm sorry about that.

better ones are coming on friday (crosses fingers).

I'm trying not to respond to trolling. lol

I'm glad you like the drawings Caliban.

but, any medium that i have an adept proficiency in is a format with which I can craft my 'manga fantasies.' ;)

so i thought of and doodled up a new Wolf Gaurd. (which will be part of my example)

And as far as backstories and names go, I'll probably just do them like this.

her name: Dahlia Deathwolf

her deal; Dahlia's and her twin sister Signilda were in separable. But Signilda was overcome in battle against tyrannids. So great was Dahlia's grief over her lost sister that she took up Signilda's fallen storm shield, paired with her own powerfist Dahlia became a storm of revenge. Fighting off all the tyrannids around her fallen sister. Her bravery earned her a spot in Logan's wolf gaurd, and even though her sister was slain the pair still never leaves each other's side, since Dahlia still carries Signilda's storm shield which bears Signilda's remains on it as a totem of honor. So they both might fight together until the Wolftime.

See, I know that wasn't just 2 sentances, but I think it fits well into what I wan.t Even it's a bit creepy. ;)

I'll try to RP a bit less, and work on models a bit more and I might just get some work done.

Heck ´the more the better! And I will agree that the shield remains are a little creepy, and not really practical since a shields function is to absorb hits, so if her remains are strapped ot the front they'd rather quickly be obliderated.

And about manga, well one does never get to old for cartoons :)

Space Wolves, apparently the 41 millennium's equal opportunity employer. Never have seen any Smurf, DA, BA, or other chapters with converted female marines. Always Wolves, though.

Looks like a good start there from what I can make out in the photos. Some closer/clearer pics would be great for the update. Interested in seeing the finished product as you're going for more in-depth and detailed work than just a pair of gs'd boobs.

While I enjoy the fluff of 40k, its no fun getting too wrapped up in it to play your army. If you want some wild half-naked chicks running around in TDA, go for it. Half the hobby is playing an army you enjoy (rules-wise and visually), so give the hand to all the trash talkers and do what you want. Just be careful with the WYSIWYG rule.

I wouldn't go for Logan's counter-part with a beard... to many LoTR dwarf chick jokes. Also opens up the critics to hit you with accusations of more than just manga fantasies. :)

Keep up the good work.

Archived