Sons of Medusa LPC WIP

Rogue

Hello

Lots of lurk, not much post (etc, etc)

I'm going for a vindicator as my effort in the LPC, so as a bit of a tester, I'm throwing up a very early picture. Yes, it's a pants photo, and yes it's not very exciting yet, but for now, if you can see the photo, it's a success.

gallery_3372_4507_8373.jpg

And there we go.

Ok, first update: the base colours are on. There's a lot of dry-brushing to come...

And if anyone knows a good way of doing the headlamps (mostly the colour for the lamp/light itself), I'd like to hear it - badmoon yellow looks very cartoon artificial.

gallery_3372_4507_61716.jpg

gallery_3372_4507_15529.jpg

gallery_3372_4507_53385.jpg

gallery_3372_4507_15225.jpg

gallery_3372_4507_74863.jpg

Cheers

Very neat, very smooth. So far so good!

And if anyone knows a good way of doing the headlamps (mostly the colour for the lamp/light itself), I'd like to hear it - badmoon yellow looks very cartoon artificial.

I usually go with bleached bone blended to bad moon yellow on the very edges, with a little bit of straight skull white in the middle. Probably not the best way to do it, but it's worked alright for me so far.

It's the weekend, so that means spare time and messing about with cameras again...

It's close to being finished - the black is done, as is the eagle and scrollwork, and tracks and barrels, and the purple cables on top. I'm inclined to reinforced the lettering as it seems very pale against the scroll (it says 'Jericho' in black letter font), and the headlamps need finishing (thanks for the bleached bone tip, CardinalVirtue, liking it).

gallery_3372_4507_833.jpg

gallery_3372_4507_44683.jpg

gallery_3372_4507_67716.jpg

Thanks for all the comments - I've not done a wip before, and it's both motivating and encouraging that you guys take the time to post something. Cheers.

Chaos Black and a fine detail brush.

The golden effect must be something of a camera trick, as it's snakebite leather, drybrushed with bubonic brown and then bleached bone. The slight shine probably comes from having the light source too near!

Archived