Assault Squad

These are just pics for the Librarium painting challenge WIP requirement.

gallery_47252_4509_254514.jpg

The four marines that I will be painting, one of which had received his green coat by the time I hunted down a camera.

gallery_47252_4509_67894.jpg

Marine #1

gallery_47252_4509_230390.jpg

Marine #2, with wet paint

gallery_47252_4509_192009.jpg

Marine #3, with wet paint (and I'm not sure why there's a spare base in that picture)

gallery_47252_4509_267552.jpg

And marine #4, again with the wet paint (I was in a hurry)

Looking much better now that the paint has dried, the red detailing really helps define the models and sharpens up the image of the squad. One little thing - the left most marine in the last shot has green jump pack straps, just paint over it with some Chaos black and it should be the same as the rest of the squad.

Apologies if you've already done this, I can't tell as the models are out of focus. Looking at the Tac Squad in the background of the last image I might suggest some watered down chaos black/scorched brown or black/brown ink could be applied across the boltgun metal areas, it should help tone down the glare of the metallic paint - will look much more in keeping with the DA Green/Black of the rest of the model and let the red "pop" more as it's a single bright colour.

Also, how come the 5th squad member is lurking round the back of the paint pot? 4-man limit for the Librarium Challenge?

I agree with that they look much better now that they have dried, they looked a little nurgle-esk before ;) A nice solid green, I'd say do the harness (packpack-straps) in a mithril highlighted metal or some other lighter color to make it pop a bit more. What are your plans for the bases?

Had the same issue with self imposed restrictions, had just painted 2 terminators ( one from each squad ) as tests when I heard of it.. so the vow was 18 in stead :)

But just cause it isn't in the vow doesn't mean it can't be painted ;)

Cheers!

Thanks, and I did highlight the sides of the intake fans on the last two models I did, I'm not sure how well it shows. (whenever I do a large amount of highlighting, the last couple of marines look the best)

Also, in normal light the highlights apear more subtle than they do with a camera flash, so that looks slightly better.

And the reason the shoulder pads are hand painted is because 'transferables' as GW like to call them, or decals to the rest of us, hate me. And I feel the same way, so atleast I got an army with easy emblems to do.

Finally, instigator, no comments about your nids' color scheme apearing in my scenery? :devil:

Archived