E_E's Dark Angels

ellis_esquire

Few tiny points, the two axe heads on the guy on the far right dont quite match, one might need filing down a little and the Green stuff needs touching up a little. Apart from that they look really promising, nicely posed dynamic and good use of the metal Company Master.

I think they're coming on really well. I must admit I wouldn'tr have noticed the axe head issue had it not been pointed out – so maybe it might not be worth worrying over.

If you feel the need to change them, instead of making them look more like, cut off part of one blade to make them look less alike.

Cheers

I

Hi all and one.

Well heres a second WIP pic of Squad Isherion. This guy is proving problematic in terms of colouring - I just find his 'cloak' isn't fitting in with the ambience of the 'robes' of his brother veteran assault squadies.

Anyhow, here he is - you can see the shape of things to come in the background, squad Tehiron. I think I'm on target to complete my vow at this point :devil:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4743/wip2z.jpg

C&C welcomed!

Looks good, the subdued style fits the DA nicely but with enough detail to make it look interesting. I like the way he is staring off into the middle distance, collecting his thoughts before a battle. Can't wait to see the rest of the squad.

Yeah he's very wistful....dreaming of his next Fallen conquest maybe :P. Anyway I like the green / purple colour scheme you've come for his cloak. It's very unusual but looks great ^_^.

Cheers

I

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

All this talk of those blood angels, I felt to drop in a reminder of the superior angels!

Well progress has slowed a little becasue I felt I'd started to rush. Heres a shot of whats happened so far:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1396/090712321077l.jpg

All comments appreciated!

Wow I think they look excellent. I really like your painting style :P. BTW what did I miss -- have you changed the colour scheme on one guy?

Now go capture some Fallen <_<.

Cheers

I

...I just find his 'cloak' isn't fitting in with the ambience of the 'robes' of his brother veteran assault squadies.

I like his cloak. I can totally see him doing the dramatic over-shoulder throw as he calmly picks up his sword (which is, what, 7-8 ft long?) to start mowing down traitors. Robes would get in the way of his awesomeness.

(Someone needs to caption that pic with "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.")

I hate people like you....

Makes me dislike my own painting efforts, which is an odd way to say I love the great paintwork on your epic models.

Your work is superb, and I did not hear anything about other angel guys... :cuss Bah, their primarch isn't even alive anymore :cuss

Hi all - Much appreciated comments all!

Isiah - Yes as above I wasn't feeling my overall tangent on the robes so brought him inline with the rest of the squad. The fallen will be pursued in the interim :(

Lemur - I love that sword too. lol. Think you'll like what I do to him next ;)

Krewl - Thanks so much for your compliments - you give me the confidence to keep on trying new stuff!

Watch this space guys!

Makes me dislike my own painting efforts, which is an odd way to say I love the great paintwork on your epic models.

Your work is superb, and I did not hear anything about other angel guys... :huh: Bah, their primarch isn't even alive anymore :)

Not even sure if ours is?

and in BA's defense worst ways for the prime-arch to go ent there? wat with saving imperium and all that

Love the minis tho

I wana be as good as that ... One day maybe xD

Your work is superb, and I did not hear anything about other angel guys... :huh: Bah, their primarch isn't even alive anymore :)

Not even sure if ours is?

and in BA's defense worst ways for the prime-arch to go ent there? wat with saving imperium and all that

Love the minis tho

I wana be as good as that ... One day maybe xD

The old fluff had the Lion dormant inside the depths of the Rock, this was subsequently removed to increase our aura of mystery although the fact Luther babbles on about Jonson "drawing ever closer" is a hint at his continued existence. The return of the Primarchs will probably occur at the darkest period of the Time of Ending, as it says the light of the Astronomicon will fade away, however, that is not the same as saying the Emperor will be defeated, he may even be reborn. Anyway, the minis are looking brilliant, really dark and foreboding, perfect for the DA, although red weapon cases would make me weep with joy ;)

In the 2nd edition Angels of Death codex (Shared with the blood angels) it is stated that Lion el Johnson was taken away after the battle with Luther.

And that the deepest secret of the Dark Angels is not even known to the Grand Master, and that is that in a hidden not reachable room within the Rock our primarch sleeps, tended to by the watchers in the dark, awaiting the final battle days.

So as long as GW does NOT state he is dead finito, kaput, I take it old fluff still keeps and he is alive.

• 2 weeks later...

VOW COMPLETE!

Hello Dark Angel and other battle brothers all.

Here’s the entire squad Isherion:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4015/lpcfinal.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9122/lpcfinal1.jpg

My vow was for 5-10 marines – I managed 9 and am still working on three more (including the apothecary) but will not complete those guys in time so will post up after the competition has ended!

Enjoy & feel free to comment/critique!

Pretty grim dark feel you have on the models, they fit in well with the dark clouds you have in the background.

I also like how your models are more actually black with green showing in the edges, giving a very Dark dark dark green look.

Did you use a green base colour or black for that effect?

Archived