Dark Apostle's Crozius

Hey all, was thinking of making a Dark Apostle for my WB's... I know MOT for the 4+ "rosarius" and a power weapon for the Accursed Crozius... but I was wondering, should I go regular power weapon for the crozius or demon weapon since it counts as a power weapon? And there's the added benefit that the demon weapon shoots fire and stuff.

Possessed

i'm not a huge fan of including the MoT as a rosarius, as it's the loyalist chaplains badge of office i'm not too sure they would keep it after turning traitor. from a gaming point of view i always like the undivided daemon weapon on lords as it's cheap and the +1 str is a bonus ( maybe your DA traded his rosarius in for a daemon amulet that flows with chaos power giving him strength) as is potentially having upto 10 attacks at str 5 is awesome :D

ask any loyalist and he'd bite your arm off for this type of option on a captain!

i'm not a huge fan of including the MoT as a rosarius, as it's the loyalist chaplains badge of office i'm not too sure they would keep it after turning traitor.

actually the crozius is the badge of office... just looked at the entry under the SM Chaplain's entry, the rosarius just confers a 4+ save, and as my DA is interested in saving his skin, he held onto it

The cursed crozious, if I recall correctly, confered a 4+ inv save in 4th.

Correct.

Personally i think the best way to go is just unmarked daemon weapon and then a combi melta or something. Sure you don't get the 4+, but i don't think the shooting aspect of the tzeentch DW fits either.

I think it does; hence my model has a plasma pistol modeled onto it, even though I'm always shooting the daemon weapon. It's an experimental or just really old plasma pistol firing on the low power setting (people do remember the different charge levels for plasma weapons, right?). 1's overheat anyway, so it works out.

A Rosarius is an amulet worn by officials of the Ecclesiarchy for both protection and as sign of office. The Rosarius takes the form of an amulet, often displaying the Imperial Eagle or an ornate cross. It is actually an advanced device, containing a tiny conversion field generator, which emits a protective energy field around the wearer. The field's effect is to convert the energy of an impact into light. When the field stops a shot, a blinding flash of light is produced. The field is capable rendering even plasma gun shots harmless. The rosarius is often referred to as the soul's armour.

i'm aware of the cursed rosarius but as i said i'm not a fan of that train of thought, the Ecclesiarchy was founded after the heresy so what would a WB be doing with a badge of office from the future? :lol:

Well, I'm liking Seahawk's take on it...

hence my model has a plasma pistol modeled onto it,

did you add in the points cost or just using the DW's point cost & counts as? Just curious so I can figure out my points cost.

all right, so that's 4 votes for DW and nil for regular power weapon... we have a winner, Thanks for the advice from all of you

Archived