LPC 2010 - Completed Vow.

chenley

I have completed my vow to the LPC 2010.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/chenley_photos/Space%20Wolves/Elites/Wolf_Guard_Finish1.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/chenley_photos/Space%20Wolves/Elites/Wolf_Guard_Finish2.jpg

The faces could use a bit of work ( a wash at the minimum) and the highlights are a bit too thick in some areas but other than that nice work, particularly on the power swords!

They are more or less gaming standard, but thanks for the feed back. The power swords were a first time trying a lightning effect, and I am pleased with the results for now. With time and practice I hope that I will get better.

I didn't know what I could have done to improve the faces, thanks for the tip. Any suggestions on what I should use as a wash on the faces. I only use GW paints.

The swords are cool, I thought they were more like glowing runes but whatever, looks cool.

Get some brown GW ink, some Future Floor Polish, and a water bottle. Mix water and Future in the bottle about 2:10 Future:Water. Put a couple DROPS of the ink in a cap or pallet or whatever you use, then fill it the rest of the way with your mix. Then just wash the stuff all over the heads and let em dry, you may have to repeat the wash a few times but you will like the end result.

the Future changes the viscosity of the liquid and makes teh pigment sink into the deepest parts instead of leaving water drop rings around where it dried.

Get some brown GW ink, some Future Floor Polish, and a water bottle. Mix water and Future in the bottle about 2:10 Future:Water. Put a couple DROPS of the ink in a cap or pallet or whatever you use, then fill it the rest of the way with your mix. Then just wash the stuff all over the heads and let em dry, you may have to repeat the wash a few times but you will like the end result.

the Future changes the viscosity of the liquid and makes teh pigment sink into the deepest parts instead of leaving water drop rings around where it dried.

Or, if you want to just buy a bottle of GW wash and get to it, I suggest Devlan Mud or Gryphonne Sepia.

Archived