Salamanders LPC Vow

Vulkan454

I, Vulkan454 of the Salamanders, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Predator, (strip and repaint) 1 captain, 1 Sternguard, 1 dinorider and 1 techmarine on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

On with the pics:

Predator

gallery_47686_4193_971985.jpg

Captain

gallery_47686_4193_709189.jpg

Sternguard

gallery_47686_4193_271150.jpg

Dinorider

gallery_47686_4193_137129.jpg

Techmarine

gallery_47686_4193_408874.jpg

Cheers

Vulkan

Old school!

Love that old Predator model, and it loks like you're already making it look better. Good work!

I've got one of those old Sicarius models, too, but hate bare heads. I'm a little too worried about messing him up to chopoff hishead and replace it with a Forgeworld Mk4 helm. Someday...

That is a very good idea sir.:evil:

I would have to mount it on a dreadnought base though.

One more thing, im wondering what colours to do the techmarine in.

I thinking about having the cloak red (Mechanicus allegiance) then paint the rest like a normal Salamander. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Vulkan

I have just been doing some painting and have started the green on the captain.

I was thinking of doing the techmarines armour silver to match my servitor. (Who is a IG techpriest and whos robes are red and armour is silver/metal. What do you think guys?

I will upload some pics sometime because i am writing from my PS3 and cannot upload pics at the moment. And i have lost my camera. :)

Update time. Almost finished the captain, just the lightning claws and the purity seals to add to the chest. Some touchups are needed as well.

The predator just needs the transfers doing but is drying from the wash at the minute.

Not sure what colours to do the lightning claws in, what about orange like they were before? Any other colours?

gallery_47686_4193_405272.jpg

In one of my earlier posts I asked about my techmarine:

I was thinking of doing the techmarines armour silver to match my servitor. (Who is a IG techpriest and whos robes are red and armour is silver/metal. What do you think guys?

Well this is the techpriest engineseer who is very much PIP:

gallery_47686_4193_756305.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing you fully restore the OOP Pred as I've got a second hand OOP Pred too that needs a lot of TLC. Maybe that'll be the inspiration I need to finish it and my OOP Razorbacks.

Update!

Finished the predator (almost) one transfer to go on but im not able to do that tonight ( :P school tomorrow :P :P) so i just took some quick pics now to show you.

Before

gallery_47686_4193_971892.jpg

After

gallery_47686_4193_118235.jpg

gallery_47686_4193_624579.jpg

The black splodge on the left hand side is where the paint is still drying.

Hey guys, you know the predators front transfer, well that has come off because i forgot to seal it with 'Ardcoat so i picked it up and it came off on my hand. So i will use the smaller sized one.

Anyway the captain is nearly finished just the basing to go and glueing together:

gallery_47686_4193_247416.jpg

We have a school mini Golden deamon so i was thinking for the single mini i could do the captain or Chapter Master Tu'shan:

gallery_47686_4193_464428.jpg

What do you guys think.

Sorry about the rushed pics but im going away over the weekend so im hurrying.

And some answers about the techamarines armour please.

Cheers,

Vulkan

Archived